Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base

Ell -> Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (16/1/2011 11:51:09 PM)

After having to reinstall my OS on my laptop thanks to the recent AVG antivirus update error that sent mine and many other systems on a constant restart loop, I am now stuck with an iPhone with many a song on and a laptop with no songs on at all. I want to basically get all my music back onto the laptop without running the risk of iTunes automatically thinking it's a new device and formatting it.

Any feedback would be brilliant. Thanks in advance.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (17/1/2011 12:26:16 AM)

The lovely people over at iCafe seem to believe these are your two best bets:

http://i-funbox.com/

http://www.tansee.com/download.html (I believe it's a free trial (or you can pay for full software) but I don't know what the trial offers, whether it's limited to X amount of songs or what, worth a look though.

Senuti used to be the best program for this but I'm sure that Apple's constant changing of how the filing system works on the phones meant that it no longer worked, but worth checking to see if they've updated Senuti to do the job with any iPhone too.

gingerdaniel -> RE: Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (17/1/2011 1:18:54 AM)

If you've purchased the music from itunes, when you plug the iphone in to the pc, it'll ask if you want to transfer purchases to the computer. So you don't need to worry. If the content isn't off itunes, probably one of the ideas above.

It'll do apps you've got too, if it's not jailbroken...

Chief Wiggum -> RE: Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (17/1/2011 5:07:22 PM)

again, this is an almost answer - i have only done this on an Ipod rather thann Iphone.

plug your ipod into computer, close Itunes if it opens, we don't need that now.
- using folder options in windows make sure you can see hidden folders.
- look for the music folder - there will be directories in this - and in this there will be lots of files with four letter names.
- copy all these files to your hard drive (copy, not move), preferably all in one folder
- open Itunes and import the tunes
in Itunes - find the option that makes Itunes organise your music, select this and press ok

sit back and wait for Itunes to rename the four letter names to the proper names

relatively simples

Ell -> RE: Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (21/1/2011 10:34:40 AM)

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. iFunBox worked like a charm, even if it did take an age for the process to complete! Compiling the search results of 4000+ songs, copying said files to PC, adding files to iTunes library, and then finally syncing my iPhone to the library (erasing the data of what was on my phone, only to add it all again anyway).

Suffice to say, I won't be using AVG again in a hurry!

garymenigzhi -> RE: Transferring Songs From iPhone to Laptop? (27/9/2013 3:45:02 AM)

I was having this exact same problem myself till I figured it out.

1.) With your iPhone plugged in, click on the iPhone button near the top right of iTunes next to iTunes Store.

2.) Click "On This iPhone"

3.) Click "Add To"

4.) Then you can drag music to your phone from your albums, songs list, playlists, etc.

Hope that can really help you for transferring music from iPhone! If I didn't clarify it enough, let me know!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI