RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 12:31:11 AM)

NASHVILLE SKYLINE (1969)

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/NashvilleSkyline.jpg[/image]

Girl From The North Country - Nashville Skyline Rag - To Be Alone With You - I Threw It All Away - Peggy Day - Lay Lady Lay - One More Night - Tell Me That It Isn't True - Country Pie - Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

Also Known As The crooner one, in which Bob was possesed by Sinatrastopholes and given the voice of an angel.

What Does The Title Mean? Bob was a massive fan of the film Skyline and in retrospect, Nashville Battle:Los Angeles wasn't a very good album title. Or Nashville Independence Day, that sounds like some sort of state mutiny.

What Is The Cover Art? He gets dwarves to take pictures such is his overwhelming power. Blowjob pictures on back sleeve.

Critic Says In his review for Rolling Stone, Paul Nelson wrote, "Nashville Skyline achieves the artistically impossible: a deep, humane, and interesting statement about being happy. It could well be ... his best album." However, years later in a review for Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol. II, Nelson would retract his opinion, writing "I was misinformed. That's why no one should pay any attention to critics, especially the artist."...just fuck off, you indecisive twat.

Croaky Bob-O-Meter 0 - WHAT?! He sounds like love, as if Rebecca Black had proposed and implied that it was seven a.m., waking up in the morning, gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs, gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal, seein' everything, the time is goin', tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin', gotta get down to the bus stop, gotta catch my bus, I see my friends kickin' in the front seat, sittin' in the back seat, gotta make my mind up, which seat can I take? It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday, everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend, Friday, Friday, gettin' down on Friday, everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, yesterday was Thursday, Thursday, today i-is Friday, Friday, we-we-we so excited, we so excited, we gonna have a ball today, tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes after ... wards, I don't want this weekend to end (Copyright R.Zimmerman, Nashville Skyline)

Joni Mitchell Hates Girl From The North Country. Ripping off other people's songs is bayad, but ripping off your own and adding a better singer than you? Joni bites her thumb at you sir. What? Shakespeare quote? Joni means, fuck off.

Bob's Hair Is Tantalising; sticking out the side of his cap reminding you that he is actually Jewish.

Interesting Fact I've Made Up Related To This Album Bob spent the recording sessions of the album locked up in his mother's basement rewriting the opening to his wedding vows. Apparently they'd been unsatisfactory. The song Lay Lady Lay is a result of this, as when you play it backwards its actually parts of the New Testament edited together to call Sara Dylan a threepenny whore.

Number Of References To Animals 2 - hog(shead) and goose. Pretty poor, Bob. I know there's animals in Nashville. I've been there.

Top 3 Songs 1. Lay Lady Lay, 2. Girl From The North Country, 3. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

Album Placing I lost my list. I think it's around 10th or so; it's certainly a good album. Should we say it's 10th? If something else is 10th, we'll make them fight, Bob v Bob.

directorscut -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 1:30:22 AM)

Unacceptable that the Johnny Cash duets Wanted Man and You Are My Sunshine were not included on the album.  Unacceptable.

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 11:10:36 AM)

I also think the duet Fairytale In Nashville shouldn't have been omitted; hearing Cash call sweet Bob a scumbag and faggot was just too much.

I propose that after the next entry Fritzl does another bootleg, and Paul does a review of I'm Not There using these categories, making it almost nonsensical.

superdan -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 11:37:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Unacceptable that the Johnny Cash duets Wanted Man and You Are My Sunshine were not included on the album.  Unacceptable.

Is it weird that I read this in a Mordin Solus voice?

Rhubarb -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 9:46:16 PM)

[:D] That's who DC is!

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 10:15:54 PM)

Please don't talk about Mordin, I'm still grieving [:(]

NEXT ALBUM IN LIKE 15 MINUTES, all prepare. It will be as shit as the last.

Rhubarb -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 11:07:05 PM)

ONE OF THE GREATS NEXT

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (27/3/2011 11:24:34 PM)

SELF PORTRAIT (1970)

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Self_Portrait.jpg[/image]

All the Tired Horses - Alberta - I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know - Days of '49 - Early Mornin' Rain - In Search of Little Sadie - Let It Be Me - Little Sadie - Woogie Boogie - Belle Isle - Living the Blues - Like A Rolling Stone - Copper Kettle (The Pale Moonlight) - Gotta Travel On - Blue Moon - The Boxer - Quinn the Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn) - Take Me As I Am (or Let Me Go) - Take A Message to Mary - It Hurts Me Too - Minstrel Boy - She Belongs to Me - Wigwam - Alberta #2

Also Known As The first shit one. I don't even want to go into details, it's pretty horrific. When I load it up on iTunes I feel like someone's raped my playlist and left it to die.

What Does The Title Mean? Ironically, the self portrait that normally describes a representation of yourself backfired dramatically on good old Bob. If anyone saw this portrait, they'd think he was merely a deluded old bastard who'd failed at the first round of Britain's Got Talent and actually sucked Piers Morgan's slimy penis to release an album.

What Is The Cover Art? Ryan Shawcross of Stoke City/teenage dream ending fame.

Critic Says "I once said I'd buy an album of Dylan breathing heavily. I still would. But not an album of Dylan breathing softly." - Greil Marcus. Sounds to me like someone is a peeping tom, eh? Eh? What's the difference anyway, an out of breath Bob is an out of breath Bob - arousing and less likely to flee.

Croaky Bob-O-Meter 6 - exactly the same as the amount of times I've jerked off to Woogie Boogie.

Joni Mitchell Hates AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH COVERS AHOY

Bob's Hair Is Referring to the album cover, it's either short and ginger or a metaphysical representation of his ideal self. But who would want to be ginger? It's disgusting.

Interesting Fact I've Made Up Related To This Album Dylan later claimed in interviews that Self Portrait was something of a joke, far below the standards he set in the 1960s, simply to get people off his back and end the "spokesman of a generation" tags; but he has also given other, contradictory accounts of his motives. No wait. That's true. No excuse for such cack, you bastard.

Number Of References To Animals The album itself is an all encompassing pile of horse manure, so we'll count it as 100.

Top 3 Songs 1. Copper Kettle.............. don't make me do it. It hurts my cock.

Album Placing Near the bottom for sure; without my list I'll venture a guess and say 33rd. Apparently Bob self-flagellates to cure himself of the terrible ailment of Selfportraititis. It doesn't work, so he kills hookers instead.

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (28/3/2011 6:19:03 PM)

Waiting for Rick and Paul to complete their journeys.

Epiphany Demon -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (1/5/2011 9:34:23 PM)

THIS MAKES ME SICK

MonsterCat -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (1/5/2011 9:45:29 PM)

Funny Bob Dylan thread is funny.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (13/6/2011 11:12:02 PM)

Can't wait to see the next entry ED!

MonsterCat -> RE: A Look At Bob Dylan's Discography With Stupid Questions (13/6/2011 11:34:40 PM)

Hurry the fuck up with the next entry, you loser!

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI