inSane (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Your Funny Uncle -> inSane (23/12/2010 11:59:58 AM)

[image]http://static.prev.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/12-Dec/13/Insane%20Trilogy/InsaneBLOG--article_image.jpg[/image]

Following the recent unveiling inSane, the upcoming videogame from Oscar-winning director and writer Guillermo del Toro, comes confirmation that the new game will actually be three new games. inSane will be a trilogy with the first chapter scheduled to launch in 2013 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

"With this new series of videogames, I want to take players to a place they have never seen before, where every single action makes them question their own senses of morality and reality," said del Toro. "THQ and Volition, Inc. are equally excited to make this vision of a completely new game universe into a reality."

I'm not that into horror games as such but the fact that Del Toro is very involved in this makes it interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes

rich -> RE: inSane (23/12/2010 4:34:40 PM)

Insane release date to match. 

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: inSane (23/12/2010 4:48:18 PM)

I don't really think it is, two years is about right to make a very good game.

rich -> RE: inSane (23/12/2010 10:07:34 PM)

Generally they don't bother actually giving any dates this early in though, the marketing generally begins a year before.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: inSane (24/12/2010 8:17:43 AM)

The first of three games for this generation of consoles in 2013? If we aren't gearing up for the next generation by then, we will be before the 2nd and 3rd games are released.

rich -> RE: inSane (24/12/2010 2:18:31 PM)

I didn't even think of that. Makes the whole thing even more strange.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: inSane (24/12/2010 2:36:50 PM)

Who's to say the second and third games aren't going to be developed for the next generation of consoles?

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: inSane (14/4/2011 3:46:21 PM)

quote:

In an interview with StuffWeLike Bilson said the scope of the project meant that it would take a significant amount of time to build the trilogy.

"This is an epic project. It's going to take the next eight to 10 years to build all three chapters of this game." said Bilson.

Del Toro revealed that developer Volition, known for the Saint's Row and Red Faction games, has been working on the project for six months and isn't likely to be finished for another two and a half years.

He went on to express his enthusiasm and excitement for the project and the unique narrative opportunities that video games provide.

"I think that what people need to understand, when you come from a medium like movies, is that the narrative medium of video games is entirely different," said Del Toro.

"The rules are different, the way you tell the story is different. You don't come into this world and try to apply the same rules. I'm here to learn and try some crazy sh*t."

THQ and Del Toro will also collaborate on potential transmedia projects surrounding the inSANE games, with the director also holding rights to any movie projects based on the IP.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: inSane (4/10/2012 7:38:12 PM)

quote:

THQ president Jason Rubin just announced that THQ game Insane is no longer in production. "We have decided not to pursue further pre-production on Insane, and have returned all of our IP rights to Guillermo del Toro," Rubin said. It is a project the embattled publisher is no longer pursuing, and was cited alongside Facebook, mobile, and social as "outside of our core business."

Director del Toro could take the rights and produce the game elsewhere. He's retained film rights since the project was first announced.

Insane was announced during the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards, but never showed up during various gaming events across the past two years. Aside from it being a project developed in tandem with film director Guillermo del Toro, little is known. Saints Row developer Volition was working on the first game in the planned trilogy, and is now known to be developing a full sequel to last year's Saints Row: The Third.

Update: THQ says the game "was in very early development," and that "no teams/staff are affected by this decision." When asked whether del Toro also retains any code/assets created for the project thus far, we were told, "The rights for the property have been returned to Guillermo for his future use/exploration."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI