RE: Your most hated character in film (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Spaldron -> RE: Your most hated character in film (9/2/2011 12:06:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

This thread has become 'Characters you hate' rather than 'Most effective bad guys' which I'm sure was the original intention. 

If that were the case then the thread should've been called 'Most effective bad guys'. 'Your most hated character in a film' doesnt necessarily mean a bad guy, just a character you cant stand. There are plenty of bad guys in films I love way more than the hero. For example;

[image]http://jocundcompany.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/sheriff-of-nottingham.jpg[/image]

Is brilliant whereas...

[image]http://www.carrielofty.com/images/will14crop.bmp[/image]

...is a cunt.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Your most hated character in film (9/2/2011 12:11:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

This thread has become 'Characters you hate' rather than 'Most effective bad guys' which I'm sure was the original intention. 

If that were the case then the thread should've been called 'Most effective bad guys'. 'Your most hated character in a film' doesnt necessarily mean a bad guy, just a character you cant stand.

From the very first post written by Donovan, the thread starter-

quote:

Hating a character in a movie i believe is the mark of an excellent performance. I dont mean hating a lame character, i mean which villains or characters are so despicable and loathsome that you hate them completely. My vote goes for Mrs Carmody from The Mist. Marcia Gay harden is sooooooo good in this role and in maing the audience hate her character more than anything!

But I don't see Donovan complaining, so what difference does it make?

Biggus -> RE: Your most hated character in film (9/2/2011 9:30:01 PM)

quote:

er... I just read the thread title. [sm=38.gif]

threshold -> RE: Your most hated character in film (10/2/2011 4:07:45 AM)

Kesha should be in the remake Mary Poppins

Ste7enForever -> RE: Your most hated character in film (10/2/2011 9:37:33 AM)

[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_El0Fwft1WFw/TTBjnddPzZI/AAAAAAAAANA/9EbJ09v6Gp4/s1600/10.thornberg.gif[/image]

This jeeeerk! This guy always plays the best assholes!

Shifty Bench -> RE: Your most hated character in film (10/2/2011 4:26:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

quote:

er... I just read the thread title. [sm=38.gif]

I think that is what most people have done. Like I say though, I don't see the thread starter complaining so it's all good.

matty_b -> RE: Your most hated character in film (11/2/2011 10:13:13 PM)

All of these utter bastards especially Sonny on the far left. What a c**t he was, deserved everything coming to him.

[image]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/705/705286/dead-mans-shoes-20060509003807801_640w.jpg[/image]

Moffmyster -> RE: Your most hated character in film (14/2/2011 12:02:23 AM)

Joaquin Pheonix in Gladiator

Terry Benedict in Oceans Eleven

Sphinx -> RE: Your most hated character in film (14/2/2011 6:46:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moffmyster

Joaquin Pheonix in Gladiator

Terry Benedict in Oceans Eleven
Oh but he's so good at it!! Commodus is a delectable bastard but yeah a bastard all the same.....I'm biased what can I say, I'm even tempted to rent I'm still here for God's sake!

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Your most hated character in film (15/2/2011 8:42:32 AM)

My thread has been hijacked! [:D]

Thanks for trying to steer it back on track Shifty!

darth silas -> RE: Your most hated character in film (15/2/2011 5:52:24 PM)

Any character played by Danny fucking dire.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Your most hated character in film (15/2/2011 5:58:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

My thread has been hijacked! [:D]

Thanks for trying to steer it back on track Shifty!

No problem. I tried [:D]

(Genejoke and Chief tried too)

Spaldron -> RE: Your most hated character in film (15/2/2011 6:36:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

All of these utter bastards especially Sonny on the far left. What a c**t he was, deserved everything coming to him.

[image]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/705/705286/dead-mans-shoes-20060509003807801_640w.jpg[/image]

Yeah but the guy second to the right was fucking hilarious. Thats the scene where he scarpers.

keithyt1999 -> RE: Your most hated character in film (16/2/2011 12:35:26 PM)

Hmmm "villains or characters ...so despicable and loathsome that you hate them completely" you say?

Stansfield (Gary Oldman) in Leon
Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) in Goodfellas
Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon) in The Departed

captainrentboy -> RE: Your most hated character in film (16/2/2011 1:26:23 PM)

Doug Hitchison in The Green Mile. That mouse stomping mother fucker.[:@]

keithyt1999 -> RE: Your most hated character in film (16/2/2011 1:35:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

Doug Hitchison in The Green Mile. That mouse stomping mother fucker.[:@]

Mr Jingles! (sniff)

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Your most hated character in film (16/2/2011 7:18:23 PM)

back on track!

matty_b -> RE: Your most hated character in film (16/2/2011 7:29:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Yeah but the guy second to the right was fucking hilarious. Thats the scene where he scarpers.

The one crying like a little bitch? Yeah. [:D]

SPOILERS Although it's phenomenonally nasty how he ends up in pieces in a suitcase. [&:]

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: Your most hated character in film (17/2/2011 11:46:00 AM)

Tom Berenger/ Sgt. Barnes - Platoon.

Avie -> RE: Your most hated character in film (25/2/2011 5:33:36 PM)

Agent Sands from Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Sleazy git!

harrythefilmfan -> RE: Your most hated character in film (25/2/2011 6:38:51 PM)

Not too sure if they've been mentioned but characters I hate the most are:
Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - What a bitch, if only Randle had kept his hands around her throat for a bit longer, if only!
Warden Samuel Norton from The Shawshank Redemption - The scene where SPOILER he has Tommy killed cemented my hate for this guy.
All the corrupt cops from Serpico - Everyone of these dirt bags riled me up, although the cops I hated the most are the ones that cause SPOILER Frank to get shot in the face and then they runaway like the cowards they truly are.
Sport from Taxi Driver - The scumbag got what was coming to him, brilliantly acted by Harvey Keitel though. I hate the character but he is the cause of one of my many favourite lines in Taxi Driver; "Suck on this!"
Scar from The Lion King - Who didn't scream out in rage at the infamous scene before the stampede? Never have I hated a character so much, never.

Coyleone -> RE: Your most hated character in film (25/2/2011 6:52:52 PM)

Gotta agree with The bitch from The Mist and The Captain from Pan's Labyrinth

How has noone mentioned Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goth from Schindler's List??? The epitome of evil and an amazing performance. Never wanted someone to die so badly before.

harrythefilmfan -> RE: Your most hated character in film (25/2/2011 7:08:50 PM)

Any portrayal of Hitler in any film including Downfall. At least in Inglourious Basterds he gets what he deserved.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Your most hated character in film (25/2/2011 8:59:22 PM)

Because I rewatched it last night, I'll add Patrick from Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. Maybe it's because I dislike Elijah Wood, or maybe it's because he's a conniving douchebag, but either way, I hate him with a passion. And a special mention goes to the old lady from Madagascar 2 [:D], I hate her as much as I hate the film.

wilky007 -> RE: Your most hated character in film (4/4/2011 3:20:31 PM)

Ellis - Die Hard
Gets me everytime!

nimmy -> RE: Your most hated character in film (6/4/2011 2:12:27 PM)

[image]http://www.goddessgumbo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/monique-precious.jpg[/image]

[image]http://theguestlistclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Robert-DeNiro-Cape-Fear_l.jpg[/image]

MB2 -> RE: Your most hated character in film (6/4/2011 11:52:53 PM)

Lisa Kudrow's character in Easy A. Surprisingly good turn from everyone's least favourite Friend as a complete bitch.
Agree with Rose's mother in Titanic, hated her more than Billy Zane (who's such an evil bastard you just have to admire his commitment)
Any child actor from the 80s. God they were little shits.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Your most hated character in film (6/4/2011 11:59:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Part-Timer

Mrs Carmody from The Mist tops my list.

also:
SPOILERS

Just a suggestion, maybe you should put the name of the film first then the spoiler so people can decide if they want to read that spoiler or not. [:)]

Part-Timer -> RE: Your most hated character in film (7/4/2011 6:57:42 PM)

Mrs Carmody in The Mist tops my list.

Also:

Changeling - SPOILERS - Jeffrey Donovan as Captain Jones and Jason Butler Harner as the child killer.
Michael Clayton - Tilda Swinton as Karen Crowder, brilliant at the end.
Harry Brown - Ben Drew (Plan B)
Eden Lake - Jack O'Connell. THAT ENDING. NOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for the advice Shifty Bench, typical 2 Star mistake!

chambanzi -> RE: Your most hated character in film (8/4/2011 10:17:17 AM)

Orlando Bloom as Paris in Troy. The bit where he gets beaten up and has to get his brother to help him topped with his spineless defeat of Achilles really pushed me over the edge into completely hating him and not in a "He was played well because I hated him" way but more of a "I hate Orlando Bloom and I hate him."

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI