Performances Poll: Discussion Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s

rawlinson -> Performances Poll: Discussion Thread (2/12/2010 6:42:00 AM)

Yes, another poll. I've been meaning to do this one for a while, different from Sugarman's thread in that you're voting for performances rather than actors, so the results should (in theory) be very different. You can send three different lists. A top 100/50/25 for male film performances. A top 100/50/25 for female film performances and a top 100/50/25 for television performances if you wish. If you choose to do the television list as well then just vote for series or mini-series there, any stand-alone t.v. films go in the films lists. So if you want to vote for Michael Caine in Jack the Ripper, it was a two-parter so it goes in the t.v. list, but Jimmy Nesbitt in Bloody Sunday would go in the male films list. Again, you're voting for performances instead of characters so the results will also be different from the t.v. characters poll conducted by YFU. I'll accept any number on the lists, but if you can aim for a round number it'll be appreciated. Voice-work is fine, as is something like Serkis as Gollum. One more thing, if you're voting for an actor in a role that they played over various films then the entire series will count as one choice. So McKellan in LotR would be one entry, as would Rathbone in the Sherlock Holmes films.

Lists to empireperformances@hotmail.co.uk

Deadline - Let's say end of Feb'.

1. Rawlinson
2. TRM
3. Gimli
4. Elab
5. Matty
6. Rebenectomy
7. Fritzlfan
8. MovieAddict247
9. Harry Lime

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 7:17:13 AM)

So we can have Stan and Ollie as Stan and Ollie? [:D]

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 7:23:02 AM)

Yeah, I think that'd be fine. There's no real attempt to change the characters between films, they just do different things in each one. [:D]

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 7:25:38 AM)

What about Gromit?

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 7:40:51 AM)

Sorry, no. [:D] You can have Wallace though. 

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 10:32:51 AM)

I love Peter Sallis. But doesn't anyone get credit for Gromit's eyebrows?[:D]

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 11:41:15 AM)

Nick Park? [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 11:44:02 AM)

Fine - can we have Nick Park as Gromit then please?

Have you seen the Inventions show? Gromit finally got a measure of revenge last week - the 'I've had it' look on his face was wonderful. [:)]

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 11:54:24 AM)

I haven't, it's one of a couple of shows that's being sky+ and a backup recording made. I will get to see Doctor Who on Xmas Day though, so yayness. [:)]

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 12:06:41 PM)

How are you managing that - are they showing it over there too?

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 12:08:04 PM)

BBC America, yeah. 

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 12:09:12 PM)

Well fingers crossed it's not another Voyage of the Damned then. Although another blond singer who can't act does make you worry a bit. That said, I don't feel as wrong writing the word 'singer' when it comes to Jenkins.

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:19:16 PM)

Yeah, but Gambon more than balances her out, and VOTD never had an equal - aside from the Cribbins one-scene.

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:23:46 PM)

While gently reminding you of the wonderful Clive Swift, I can only warn you to run  - you can't go making comments like that in a Geoffrey Palmer fanboy thread [:D]

I wonder how many GP performances might make Rawlinson's list...

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:24:53 PM)

Oh yeah...[:D]

To be fair, my lack of recall about Swift and Palmer is more down to the crapness of the story, more than their performances. [:)]

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:28:38 PM)

Don't know who'll be the better actress, but I'd rather listen to a Kylie album than one by Jenkins.

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:30:00 PM)

I can tune out Jenkins because it isn't my kind of thing - I hear nails down a blackboard at all the electronic crap covering up la Minogue nasty reedy whine and it makes me notice.

demoncleaner -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:34:36 PM)

I think Kylie is somewhat down the list of things wrong with Voyage.

Probably won't get to see Carol until Boxing Day as we have, I think what's called, a "Plague of Relatives" coming. 

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 1:45:40 PM)

It's a Boxing Day thing for us thanks to them. Annoying things.

Unless we got snowed in, in which case peace shall reign [:)]

Would a Dr Who performance make my TV list outside the main character? I'll have to think about that. Lesley Sharp will very likely be a major candidate though.

I'm assuming, as it's performance rather than character, that Linda Hunt will go on the female side? [:)]

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 2:30:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It's a Boxing Day thing for us thanks to them. Annoying things.

Unless we got snowed in, in which case peace shall reign [:)]

Would a Dr Who performance make my TV list outside the main character? I'll have to think about that. Lesley Sharp will very likely be a major candidate though.

I'm assuming, as it's performance rather than character, that Linda Hunt will go on the female side? [:)]

Catherine Tate?

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 2:36:22 PM)

I really like her - but limited to a list of 100 performances ever from TV, when I could probably name 1 or 2 from each show in my top 150 alone? She won't get in.

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 2:51:05 PM)

Fair enough. If I do this, I think I'll just do film - or maybe a smaller TV list.

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 4:19:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Yep. That is a great performance as well. [:)]

Would anyone be happier with the freedom to do male and female lists for t.v. as well?

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 4:22:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Fair enough. If I do this, I think I'll just do film - or maybe a smaller TV list.

If? You mean you may not take part? [:(] But your performances lists were so good.

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 4:29:59 PM)

Aw, shucks. Thanks. [:)]

Flattery will get you everywhere, though - I'm, like, 97% sure I'll be submitting a list. [:D]

rawlinson -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 4:31:18 PM)

Good good. Will you be leading the charge for Kurt in The Thing? [:D]

matty_b -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 4:36:49 PM)

Absolutely. [:D]

Rebenectomy -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 6:20:21 PM)

Unfortunately failed to get my directorial début list finished in time due to real world stuff, but I'll be in on this.

elab49 -> RE: Performances Poll (2/12/2010 6:33:44 PM)

Deadline was extended for that one Reb [:)]

swordsandsandals -> RE: Performances Poll (5/12/2010 1:45:38 AM)

Would it not make sense to finish the 8 gazillion other polls we have running at the moment before starting yet another?

Jus' sayin.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI