RE: What Could Have Been (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

horribleives -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 7:19:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

yep that movie was shit.[sm=happy07.gif]

True but it's absolutely fantastic shit. Just thinking about The Thing puts a smile on my face.

gunstar -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 9:17:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

yep that movie was shit.[sm=happy07.gif]

True but it's absolutely fantastic shit. Just thinking about The Thing puts a smile on my face.

Too right. I much prefer the Corman Thing to the recent version. Dare I say the make-up was slightly more convincing? In fact, the whole film was a hoot!

anakin solo -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 9:36:51 AM)

[sm=fighting03.gif] Who do you reckon would have portrayed Anakin better than hayden christensen, who was really good in jumper.
I didn't like tom selleck's test screen of indiana jones found it not right, but it would have been great to at least see an screen test of christopher walken reading the solo lines.
The first casting of geneieve bujold of captain kathryn janeway in star trek voyager looked really wrong and am glad that kate mulgrew got the part.

gunstar -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 9:41:23 AM)

Was anyone else ever in the frame as Anakin?

st3veebee -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 11:21:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: anakin solo

[sm=fighting03.gif] Who do you reckon would have portrayed Anakin better than hayden christensen, who was really good in jumper.
I didn't like tom selleck's test screen of indiana jones found it not right, but it would have been great to at least see an screen test of christopher walken reading the solo lines.
The first casting of geneieve bujold of captain kathryn janeway in star trek voyager looked really wrong and am glad that kate mulgrew got the part.

Yeah maybe modelling a Jumper.That chap is pants in everything. He looks like he struggles even to glare at everything.

Coyleone -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 8:26:13 PM)

Pacino almost not getting the role in The Godfather, I cant picture that film without him.

De Niro playing Sonny could have been really interesting, but then of course we wouldn't have gotten him in Godfather II as Vito and that would have sucked.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 9:24:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

Was anyone else ever in the frame as Anakin?

Ryan Phillipe supposedly screentested with Portman.

Lucky Day -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 10:48:39 PM)

The Usual Suspects could only have been enhanced by the inclusion of Pauly Shore in Stephen Baldwins role, as was originally mooted.

PS, I'm new. Hi all.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 10:59:01 PM)

According to EMPIRE's own Olly Richards, Kiefer Sutherland said at the Q&A for his new TV show tonight that he turned down Robin in the 80s Batman film.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 11:01:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

According to EMPIRE's own Olly Richards, Kiefer Sutherland said at the Q&A for his new TV show tonight that he turned down Robin in the 80s Batman film.

Tim Burton was going to have Robin to?

Lucky Day -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 11:04:43 PM)

Jeff Goldblum was originally considerd for Jack Bauer. Sutherland would have made a good Batman.

DazDaMan -> RE: What Could Have Been (7/3/2012 11:14:19 PM)

He wouldn't have had to growl, like Bale, anyway...!

st3veebee -> RE: What Could Have Been (8/3/2012 4:09:43 PM)

Wonder what Predator would have been like with JCD prancing about the jungle? Methinks a bit crap.

SilentJoe13 -> RE: What Could Have Been (9/3/2012 12:33:15 AM)

Nicole Kidman was supposed to star in The Reader but left production at the last minute when she got pregnant. I'm not sure if she'd be better than Kate Winslet, but it would have been interesting to see.

Also interesting, both Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Whalberg turned down the roles of Jack and Ennis respectively in Brokeback Mountain. I wonder if the film would have been as successful without the perfectly casted Jake Gyllenhal and Heath Ledger.

Tom Cruise was considered for the part of Henry Hill in Goodfellas before Martin Scorsese made the smart decision to cast Ray Liotta.

Coyleone -> RE: What Could Have Been (9/3/2012 10:58:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentJoe13

Nicole Kidman was supposed to star in The Reader but left production at the last minute when she got pregnant. I'm not sure if she'd be better than Kate Winslet, but it would have been interesting to see.

Also interesting, both Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Whalberg turned down the roles of Jack and Ennis respectively in Brokeback Mountain. I wonder if the film would have been as successful without the perfectly casted Jake Gyllenhal and Heath Ledger.

Tom Cruise was considered for the part of Henry Hill in Goodfellas before Martin Scorsese made the smart decision to cast Ray Liotta.

Good grief!

JIm R -> RE: What Could Have Been (9/3/2012 11:07:19 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

Tim Burton was going to have Robin to?

He was in the original script draft for 1989 Batman but was taken out upon second or third draft and second writer. It had the origin tale mapped out within the boundaries of the Joker introduction.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (9/3/2012 11:19:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentJoe13

Good grief!

Cruise was just the producer's idea - Scorsese always wanted Liotta for the part.

DazDaMan -> RE: What Could Have Been (10/3/2012 7:54:34 AM)

Fuck that noise!

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (8/4/2012 2:12:29 AM)

Having seen a bit of A Scanner Darkly earlier, I am suddenly reminded that Ethan Hawke was originally earmarked for the lead role.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI