RE: What Could Have Been (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Cool Breeze -> RE: What Could Have Been (1/3/2012 2:56:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

Tom Hanks turned down Andy Dufresne for The Shawshank Redemption.
Hugh Jackman turned down Daniel Craig's Bond. That would've been amazing.

Not sure these two are true. According to Darabont there were some big names like Hanks interested but Robbins was the only one he wanted for the part. And the Jackman thing is bollocks, there's no way EON would pick a non-British actor for Bond.

[image]http://www.101hairsolutions.com/image-files/pierce_brosnan2.jpg[/image]

Top of the mornin to ye Spaldron.

Marwood -> RE: What Could Have Been (1/3/2012 2:57:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

Nicolas Cage's recent revelation in the Empire webchat that he was offered a big role in Lord of the Rings was mind-boggling. [:D]

This ^

I'm still not sure what character he was offered. It couldn't have been Aragorn he's far too goofy for that role, maybe a Hobbit?
Back to thread imagine Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones, how do you think that would've worked?

Gollum, must have been Gollum. I can only see Jackson wanting to cast him as someone batshit insane and he would have been far too young for Denethor.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (1/3/2012 3:12:02 PM)

I can't help but feel Tolkien's epic could only be improved by Nicolas Cage punching out Sauron whilst dressed in a bear suit.

Spaldron -> RE: What Could Have Been (1/3/2012 3:26:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123

Tom Hanks turned down Andy Dufresne for The Shawshank Redemption.
Hugh Jackman turned down Daniel Craig's Bond. That would've been amazing.

Not sure these two are true. According to Darabont there were some big names like Hanks interested but Robbins was the only one he wanted for the part. And the Jackman thing is bollocks, there's no way EON would pick a non-British actor for Bond.

[image]http://www.101hairsolutions.com/image-files/pierce_brosnan2.jpg[/image]

Top of the mornin to ye Spaldron.

British, Irish........meh, same thing really.

Marwood -> RE: What Could Have Been (2/3/2012 2:11:08 PM)

Yeah the Jackman as Bond thing (while I think could have been good) was crap; Jackman admitted it himself at some point saying that rumours had started from him saying in some interview at the same time they were casting that he was interested in playing Bond as he loves the character.

EON and Campbell have never mentioned him as someone they had on their shortlists though so it isn't likely he turned anything down because he wasn't a screen testing contender.

Sotto Voce -> RE: What Could Have Been (3/3/2012 5:22:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

I remember Kevin Costner turning down the role of Bill in Kill Bill. That could have been very interesting.

I'd rather have seen Warren Beatty in the role, as was originally cast. Would have been nice to see him relevant for the first time in decades.

David Lynch's Return Of The Jedi raises all manner of questions, as does the idea of Bill Murray as Burton's Batman.

[sm=ohmy.gif]  Was this actually considered, or is it your own bizarre fantasy?

grucl -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 11:49:19 AM)

Lance Henriksen as The Terminator:

[image]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lancesterminator.jpg[/image]

Would have been a different concept with the Terminator actually being "invisible" in a crowd.

adambatman82 -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 12:08:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

as does the idea of Bill Murray as Burton's Batman.

Yep, with Eddie Murphy as his Robin. I kid you not.

http://www.moviecatcher.net/bill-murray-as-batman/

Interestingly enough, Tales From Development Hell, the tome on this kind of speculation was re-issued just last week. It details all sorts of legendary projects (Batman, Verhoeven's Crusade, the various attempts at the LOTR films), I expect those of thee that like this thread will find it of interest. -

AMAZON

st3veebee -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 2:08:24 PM)

Not sure if these have been posted:

David Schwimmer was offered the part of Jay in MiB. That would have been...well...awful.

Jaoquin Phoenix turned down both American History X AND Boogie Nights lead roles.

and finally......

David Boreanaz turned down the lead role in batman Begins....I would of liked to see how that turned out.

(got that last one from an iffy website so not sure how true it is[:-])

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 2:27:37 PM)

quote:

Interestingly enough, Tales From Development Hell, the tome on this kind of speculation was re-issued just last week. It details all sorts of legendary projects (Batman, Verhoeven's Crusade, the various attempts at the LOTR films), I expect those of thee that like this thread will find it of interest. -

AMAZON

Yeah I was quite pleased to see that reissued, as I never got hold of the original. It'll be interesting to see how many films have now actually been made in the intervening years.

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

David Boreanaz turned down the lead role in batman Begins....I would of liked to see how that turned out.

He said in an interview that he was never offered it, and reckons his manager started the rumour on the sly. [:D]

st3veebee -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 3:00:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

He said in an interview that he was never offered it, and reckons his manager started the rumour on the sly. [:D]

While I'm sure you're right, if I were him I would also deny refusing that part [;)].

horribleives -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 3:10:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

AMAZON

Yeah I was quite pleased to see that reissued, as I never got hold of the original. It'll be interesting to see how many films have now actually been made in the intervening years.

quote:

Thank god, casting that charisma-free piece of furniture would've strangled Nolan's Batman at birth.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 3:20:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

[image]http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/lancesterminator.jpg[/image]

Would have been a different concept with the Terminator actually being "invisible" in a crowd.

That would have been pretty cool.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 3:31:08 PM)

Chris Cooper was Nolan's first choice as Jim Gordon in Batman Begins but turned it down. He'd have been quite interesting, but I think Oldman nailed it.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 3:35:38 PM)

quote:

Chris Cooper was Nolan's first choice as Jim Gordon in Batman Begins but turned it down. He'd have been quite interesting, but I think Oldman nailed it.

Oldman is/was perfect for that role.
Im not sure Cooper would have portrayed the same sort of sublety as Oldman portrays Gorden.
If you read Batman Year One then the choice of Oldman as Gorden is nigh on perfect.

Woger -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 5:16:35 PM)

quote:

Wasn't OJ Simpson also considered for the part?
Another I read about before was Gene Hackman being approached for Hannibal Lector. I think he would have been good but Hopkins has a more "gentlemanly" element that makes the character more disturbing.

JIm R -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 5:18:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Oldman is/was perfect for that role.
Im not sure Cooper would have portrayed the same sort of sublety as Oldman portrays Gorden.
If you read Batman Year One then the choice of Oldman as Gorden is nigh on perfect.

Oldman owns Gordon, amazing performances thus far.

Sotto Voce -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 5:38:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

as does the idea of Bill Murray as Burton's Batman.

Yep, with Eddie Murphy as his Robin. I kid you not.

http://www.moviecatcher.net/bill-murray-as-batman/

AMAZON

So it was a comedy. That's slightly less bizarre.

Shifty Bench -> RE: What Could Have Been (5/3/2012 5:53:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

quote:

Yeah, but it was felt that OJ wouldn't be believable as a killer........I'm saying nothing [:D]

I think it was Cameron who wanted Lance but Orion thought he wouldn't be believable either so Cameron cast him as a cop instead.

Marwood -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 1:07:22 PM)

quote:

quote:

Another I read about before was Gene Hackman being approached for Hannibal Lector. I think he would have been good but Hopkins has a more "gentlemanly" element that makes the character more disturbing.

More than that, he was actively trying to develop a Silence film as a starring (and possibly) directorial vehicle for himself for a long time. I think there turned out to be some rights issue or he eventually just moved on.

I would have been interested to see him try it but I have a hard time seeing him in the role after Hopkins and Cox have both done great work with it.

Super Hans -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 1:29:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Kurt Russell as Han Solo, that would be very interesting epecially if he went on to star in Indiana Jones.

Sean Connery in Crystal Skull, hopefully replacing Jone's son and making the film decent. Best of all no monkeys.

I think Christopher Walken was also considered for the role of Han Solo - now that would have been interesting![:D]

fuzzy -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 1:47:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Kurt Russell as Han Solo, that would be very interesting epecially if he went on to star in Indiana Jones.

Sean Connery in Crystal Skull, hopefully replacing Jone's son and making the film decent. Best of all no monkeys.

I think Christopher Walken was also considered for the role of Han Solo - now that would have been interesting![:D]

Wasn't there rumours of him appearing in Ep1? I seem to remember him in the fake trailers for it. A Walken Sith Lord would've been worth the ticket price alone.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 1:49:32 PM)

there's that great spoof of Kevin Spacey pretending to be Christopher Walken auditioning for Star Wars, it's sooooo good [:D]

st3veebee -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 3:20:26 PM)

"Millenium Fox jumped, OVER, the Moon. "

"Scooch Closer little Jedi, Don't make me tell you AGAIN, about..the scooching"

Spaldron -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 4:52:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

there's that great spoof of Kevin Spacey pretending to be Christopher Walken auditioning for Star Wars, it's sooooo good [:D]

Ha, that ace! [:D]

Woger -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 4:59:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

quote:

quote:

More than that, he was actively trying to develop a Silence film as a starring (and possibly) directorial vehicle for himself for a long time. I think there turned out to be some rights issue or he eventually just moved on.

I would have been interested to see him try it but I have a hard time seeing him in the role after Hopkins and Cox have both done great work with it.

Just reading online about it; apparently Robert Duvall, Robert DeNiro, Sean Connery and Jeremy Irons were also considered

garvielloken -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 5:02:54 PM)

Glenn Danzig was in the frame for Wolverine in X-Men, but he turned down the chance to audition. That would have been interesting.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 5:12:36 PM)

quote:

Musician Glenn Danzig, whose muscular physique and height (5'4") almost perfectly matched the Wolverine character portrayed in the comic books, was interviewed for the role of Wolverine. A common myth has it that he was offered a part in the movie, but this confusion occurs largely because Danzig was actually offered the role some ten years earlier - when Carolco held the rights to an X-Men film and was considering a low-budget production. However, due to the high-budget and status of the 2000 production, as well as Danzig's age and relative lack of acting experience, and the requirement that the Wolverine actor be signed to a multi-picture deal spanning several years, it is highly unlikely that Danzig could have won the role in Bryan Singer's film. Regardless, a scheduling conflict prevented him from any subsequent pursuit of the role.

Stolen from Imbd.

garvielloken -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 5:22:10 PM)

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: What Could Have Been (6/3/2012 5:29:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

Ah, ok. It would have been cool to see the low budget version with him though. It would probably be like that awful low budget Fantastic Four they made back in the 90s.

yep that movie was shit.[sm=happy07.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI