Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

JIm R -> Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 3:25:48 PM)

A second helping of Vaughan directed goodness is on it's way, the first doing well critically and reasonably well commercially ($99 million, £11 million UK).

It will be Kick Ass and Hit Girl v Red Mist Mark II (his name is Motherf****er evidently)

Should be as enjoyable, dare I say amazing as the first, due out in 2012.

tftrman -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 3:36:11 PM)

Hmm, I'm not sure I want a sequel - Kick Ass was absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite films this year, but it told it's story. Getting all the characters back will just feel contrived and the freshness won't be there. Leave it alone Vaughn!

pete_traynor -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 3:45:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

A second helping of Vaughan directed goodness is on it's way, the first doing well critically and reasonably well commercially ($99 million, £11 million UK).

It will be Kick Ass and Hit Girl v Red Mist Mark II (his name is Motherf****er evidently)

The ending of Kick-Ass was totally a cliff-hanger for a sequel. I want to see the further adventures of Hit Girl and Kick-Ass and what happens when they inevitably square off again Red Mist. Or Motherf*cker, quality name! [:D]

I think by the time this is due the Kick-Ass fan base will have grown through DVD, rental and BD sales. I can see these films doing quite well in the long run.

Is this confirmed? Whoís reporting it? Iím more than up for it!

Piles -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 3:51:10 PM)

Ugh.

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 3:52:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

The ending of Kick-Ass was totally a cliff-hanger for a sequel. I want to see the further adventures of Hit Girl and Kick-Ass and what happens when they inevitably square off again Red Mist. Or Motherf*cker, quality name! [:D]

I think by the time this is due the Kick-Ass fan base will have grown through DVD, rental and BD sales. I can see these films doing quite well in the long run.

Is this confirmed? Who's reporting it? I'm more than up for it!

Pete, the 'making of' book that accompanied the original (great buy if you don't have already) mentioned the plan was in motion with Millar writing at the time of release of the first the follow on story which again would be adpated by Vaughan and Goldman.

imdb are tracking this and have it as listed as up and running (I know they are not the  most realiable but it's on Johnson's, Moretz's and Plasse's files and in general listings as production announced.

pete_traynor -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 4:12:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pete, the 'making of' book that accompanied the original (great buy if you don't have already) mentioned the plan was in motion with Millar writing at the time of release of the first the follow on story which again would be adpated by Vaughan and Goldman.

imdb are tracking this and have it as listed as up and running (I know they are not the  most realiable but it's on Johnson's, Moretz's and Plasse's files and in general listings as production announced. 

Oh cool. Iíll keep my fingers crossed for this then as itís something I would like to see come to fruition!

The last shot of Red Mist shooting point blank into the camera was a great way to get people; well me at least, exited for a potential sequel. Great parting note! Created the same kind of excitement and anticipation for me as the Joker card at the end of Batman Begins.

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 4:31:54 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this then as it's something I would like to see come to fruition!

The last shot of Red Mist shooting point blank into the camera was a great way to get people; well me at least, exited for a potential sequel. Great parting note! Created the same kind of excitement and anticipation for me as the Joker card at the end of Batman Begins.

Indeed, I could happily watch the first film every day for the rest of my life, so looking forward to a second and I think as an important film to the genre than many gave it credit for at the time of release despite Empire's efforts to get all and sundry to see it ! [:D]

pete_traynor -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 4:38:56 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this then as it's something I would like to see come to fruition!

Indeed, I could happily watch the first film every day for the rest of my life, so looking forward to a second and I think as an important film to the genre than many gave it credit for at the time of release despite Empire's efforts to get all and sundry to see it ! [:D]

Definitely deserved better business at the box office than what it got! I think it will do pretty well in the home market though. The same situation seems to be repeating itself in the US with Scott Pilgrim, only worse. Like Kick-Ass though it's up my street so I'll get involved [:D]

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (23/8/2010 10:25:42 PM)

Red Mist reveals some information.... and talks Kick Ass 2

http://screenrant.com/christopher-mintz-plasse-talks-kick-ass-2-robf-54523/

Deviation -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 12:38:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Piles

Ugh.

Nobody cares about what you think of good fun films Piles.

BOHEMIANBOB -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 12:43:58 AM)

Can't see this being decent.
First one is good,this could stink.[:'(]

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 2:16:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BOHEMIANBOB

Can't see this being decent.
First one is good,this could stink.[:'(]

Surely though  it can't stink anymore than the impending doom of upcoming Marvel-based reboots/remakes?

Deviation -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 2:30:53 PM)

It's Big Daddy being most certainly missing in the second one that saddens me, Cage was my favorite thing from the first one.

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 2:52:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

It's Big Daddy being most certainly missing in the second one that saddens me, Cage was my favorite thing from the first one.

Can always insert back story / flashback scenes to include him

Deviation -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 2:58:10 PM)

Or just say that the previous film was all Hit Girl's dream and that Big Daddy is alive and well. [:D]

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 3:07:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Or just say that the previous film was all Hit Girl's dream and that Big Daddy is alive and well. [:D]

Or just getting out of the shower......

Eddie Burke -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (24/8/2010 7:30:03 PM)

Don't want a sequel, the first one was brilliant, they should really just leave it.

silent_tea -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (26/8/2010 7:14:12 PM)

Kick Ass was great and im patiently waiting for the DVD release.

But a sequel? Hmm not sure its a great idea, I would miss Big Daddy.

sroey -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (27/8/2010 9:47:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: silent_tea

Kick Ass was great and im patiently waiting for the DVD release.

But a sequel? Hmm not sure its a great idea, I would miss Big Daddy.

Big daddy/Cage was the best bit about Kick-ass. He was awesome in it.

I never really spotted his Adam West impressions the first time round (not sure why) but on repeat viewing it gets better and better.

JIm R -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (10/9/2010 8:49:46 AM)

and bumping back to top of future film list for discussion

Marwood -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (10/9/2010 9:21:49 AM)

Having seen it again recently on Blu Ray I'm more convinced that a sequel isn't a good idea; as a one off it's great but sequels would just reduce the impact imo.

Part of the charm is that it's largely a parody of superhero films (Spider-Man being the obvious parallel) and by becoming a franchise it will be in danger of becoming what it's riffing on. Loved the characters, tone and style but am not interested at all in seeing a sequel.

Plus has Vaughn himself ever actually alluded to more films? The actors have expressed interest and if you actually believe Mark Millar it's being actively developed (although personally I think he's just talking it up to raise more interest in the sequel comic) but I can't recall Vaughn stating anywhere that a sequel's planned or that he's interested in making one. Until he announces something I'd treat all sequel talk as rumour only.

Funkyrae -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (10/9/2010 9:27:11 AM)

Apparently the sequel had been planned well before Kick Ass opened.

Marwood -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (10/9/2010 9:48:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Apparently the sequel had been planned well before Kick Ass opened.

The comic had yes but I'm skeptical that anything official has been put together for another film; Vaughn's usually very talkative about his projects and I appreciate he's up to his elbows in mutants right now but he's been uncharacteristically quiet.

I don't necessarilly doubt that the other producers are putting something together but until there's actually something official announced I think it's still a what if. Plus as I think a sequel's a mistake I'm hoping it's all just speculation [:D]

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (12/9/2010 11:05:34 PM)

All the stuff I read in the interviews with Millar about what he has planned for the comic sequel sounds quite good... plus the ending for the first leaves me intrigued as to where Red Mist is headed next

BOHEMIANBOB -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (13/9/2010 12:45:33 AM)

Nothing i hear about this reassures me!
Help![&:]

p_mc -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (17/9/2010 12:27:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

Having seen it again recently on Blu Ray I'm more convinced that a sequel isn't a good idea; as a one off it's great but sequels would just reduce the impact imo.

Yeah, one of the best things about kick-ass was the impact of it. Unless they find some way to make the film have the same shocking impact as the first, its impossible for it to be as good.

vad3r -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (17/9/2010 2:30:42 PM)

I hope the focus in this will be less on the boring Kick Ass, and more on the awesome Hit Girl.

p_mc -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (17/9/2010 2:39:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I hope the focus in this will be less on the boring Kick Ass, and more on the awesome Hit Girl.

I second that.

Marwood -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (18/9/2010 9:27:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: p_mc

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

I second that.

Ok, maybe a Hit Girl spin off is the way forward with Kick Ass and Red Mist in cameos? That I could live with especially if the rumoured approach touted by Millar would be A History of Violence but with Mindy instead of Viggo Mortenson.

p_mc -> RE: Kick Ass 2 : Balls to the Wall (18/9/2010 10:51:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood
Ok, maybe a Hit Girl spin off is the way forward with Kick Ass and Red Mist in cameos? That I could live with especially if the rumoured approach touted by Millar would be A History of Violence but with Mindy instead of Viggo Mortenson.

Either way It'll be fun to go and see.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI