David Slade Directing Wolverine 2? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> David Slade Directing Wolverine 2? (20/8/2010 4:59:49 PM)

Post your comments on this article

beebs_ -> ::sigh:: (20/8/2010 4:59:49 PM)

Lets hope Fox don't f**k it up this time...

Overmind -> RE: ::sigh:: (20/8/2010 5:11:50 PM)

I find Hughs love for that caracter quite idmirable. :)

Mr Grizzly -> (20/8/2010 5:24:31 PM)

I concur with beebs comment.

Hopefully with McQuarrie writing it'll be a vast improvement on dire-logue like "These bullets won't kill you, but they'll erase your memory!"

If only I could erase my memory of that travesty of a film. Hugh Jackman - you're better than that and you know it!

Mr Grizzly -> (20/8/2010 5:24:34 PM)

I concur with beebs comment.

Hopefully with McQuarrie writing it'll be a vast improvement on dire-logue like "These bullets won't kill you, but they'll erase your memory!"

If only I could erase my memory of that travesty of a film. Hugh Jackman - you're better than that and you know it!

cydonia -> RRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!! (20/8/2010 5:53:10 PM)

why bother? honestly the first one "wolverine:origins" or as i like to call it
"wolverine:lets make up complete bollocks and to hell with the fans!"
was complete and utter shite! after watching that film i had the biggest nerd rage in the world! i actually went to town for 30 minutes on a punchbag, it fucked me off that much...

MarcE -> RE: RRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!! (20/8/2010 7:42:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cydonia

was complete and utter shite! after watching that film i had the biggest nerd rage in the world! i actually went to town for 30 minutes on a punchbag, it fucked me off that much...

It wasn't that bad! I was a huge Wolverine fan in my teens, bought the comic every month, have issue 1 from 1988 and several back issues etc.

Aside from the intro which gave the charactors back story I thought it was very good. Although the ending with Blackbird and the X-Men arriving doesn't exactly tie in with Logans intro in the X-Men films.

KeithM -> RE: RRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!! (20/8/2010 8:32:56 PM)

No. It really was that bad.

Ambition -> Amensia (20/8/2010 8:55:45 PM)

Someone remind me why Bryan Singer isn't making this?

KeithM -> RE: Amensia (20/8/2010 9:49:51 PM)

Because he's ruining overseeing X Men: First Class.

Snake-Eyes -> honestly... (20/8/2010 10:46:24 PM)

does anyone even care about X-Movies anymore?

Deviation -> RE: honestly... (21/8/2010 12:59:46 AM)

Not after X3 I don't. 

wgfuzzydunlop1 -> Wolverine II: #Turning Japanese, I Think I'm Turning Japanese, I Really Think So...# (21/8/2010 5:39:10 AM)

...now that all the 'Origins' guff is out of the way, it surely can't be as bad as everyone is thinking, can it? Oh, who am I kidding, of course it can! Oi! Slade or Schwentke (snigger), attention! If you happen to read this, and end up with the gig... DON'T FUCK IT UP! Oh, and also... MAKE THE BLADES A BIT MORE CONVINCING AND DON'T LET JACKMAN BOSS YOU ABOUT! HE'S ONLY THE PRODUCER! STORY IS KING!!! Ha, there you go, problem solved. Now, Avatar 2...

Snake-Eyes -> RE: Wolverine II: #Turning Japanese, I Think I'm Turning Japanese, I Really Think So...# (21/8/2010 8:49:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgfuzzydunlop1
Oi! Slade or Schwentke (snigger), attention! If you happen to read this, and end up with the gig... DON'T FUCK IT UP! Oh, and also... MAKE THE BLADES A BIT MORE CONVINCING AND DON'T LET JACKMAN BOSS YOU ABOUT! HE'S ONLY THE PRODUCER! STORY IS KING!!! Ha, there you go, problem solved. Now, Avatar 2...

"That oughta do it, thanks very much Ray."

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Wolverine II: #Turning Japanese, I Think I'm Turning Japanese, I Really Think So...# (21/8/2010 11:36:08 AM)

We all know Rothman is the real director of these films.

TheTrooperr -> "Lets decide to kill him AFTER we make him indestructible!" (21/8/2010 2:01:34 PM)

I actually think this has potential, Jackman would of heeded the negative response to the last film and now that the 'origins' bit has been done with, its time to let him off the leash!

Rhubarb -> RE: RRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!! (21/8/2010 3:24:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cydonia

This wasn't the problem with Wolverine, the problem was that it was boring.

KeithM -> RE: RRRRAAAGGGGEEEE!!! (21/8/2010 4:21:22 PM)

Agreed on the second half of your point, but I think one has to do with the other.  If something has fans, surely it must be for a reason... surely it has qualities which have earned it its status and popularity over the years.

Pleasing fans and the general movie-goer are not mutually exclusive. While pleasing fans alone won't necessarily win something a wider audience, not pleasing fans almost guarantees a failure. If you can't even please the core audience who are already invested in wanting it to succeed, what chance of pleasing anyone else?

I'm not talking the uber-nitpicky fans here either (who might never be pleased with anything), but the more reasonable sort. LotR pleased both camps, Iron Man and Dark Knight pleased both camps. I just think if you're going to utilise a 'property', whatever it may be, it only makes sense to give it a basis on the proven strengths of that property rather than risking changing it beyond all recognition and losing both the core and the wider audience.  At least if you do play up the properties strengths, you're almost guaranteed a degree of return from that core audience who will provide a solid foundation with bums on seats guaranteed. Then you build from there. But I believe that core foundation is necessary as a starting point at the very least. Then you just need to ensure that you make it accessible for a wider audience too. Simple [:)]

Bizz90 -> RE: honestly... (22/8/2010 12:51:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Not after X3 I don't. 

I'd like to second that.

wgfuzzydunlop1 -> Actually, fuck Wolverine... (22/8/2010 5:33:00 AM)

... let's all agree to disagree and pool our resources to track down the sick pervert who thought it was a good idea to put RAISINS in a Milky Bar!

Brak Dayton -> RE: Actually, fuck Wolverine... (22/8/2010 7:15:22 PM)

Yeah. Fuck Wolverine! But I disagree. Raisins in a Milky Bar is much more palatable than the travesty of X-Men Origins.

Wolverine's "the best there is at what he does but what he does best isn't very nice." When and where? Not in that movie. Most of the time he just stands around looking pissed off and NOT killing anyone.

The movie was shit. The comics have become shit. I'm not interested in an immortal, unkillable hero. I won't be watching unless they reboot, make him vulnerable and replace Huge Action Jackman with Dougray Scott! Unfortunately Fox are gonna keep on making more no matter how shit the movies are. Too bad Marvel sold off the family silver.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Actually, fuck Wolverine... (23/8/2010 11:49:55 AM)

All i hope is that Slade goes back to the style we saw in Hard Candy & that they at least try & keep some semblence of Wolverines back story intact this time.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI