RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Henry JW -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (21/7/2007 1:24:49 PM)

Has to be Lord of the Rings. Legolas: 'The sky is red, blood has been spilt this day'[&o][:@]

paul.mccluskey -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (21/7/2007 1:36:36 PM)

Anything from Exorcist II: The Heretic!  Great examples:

"If Pazuzu comes for you, I will spit a leopard!"

"Come fly the teeth of the wind!"

"When the wings have brushed you... is there no hope once the wings have brushed you?"

"I've flown this route before.  It was on the wings of a demon."

"Perhaps you should take a retreat."
"A retreat?  Why not an advance?!"

And virtually everything else from that poor excuse for a film. 

doncopey1 -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (21/7/2007 9:47:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henry JW

Has to be Lord of the Rings. Legolas: 'The sky is red, blood has been spilt this day'[&o][:@]

how is that a bad line? Its one of Blooms better lines

sserplla -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 1:51:15 PM)

My little sister was watching a made-for-tv Cindarella remake where the prince was some Chinese guy and Cindarella was played by a teenage african-american. Of course it was going to be cheesy but this line of dialouge sung by the characters during a musical number really did it for me, it goes something like this;
"Do i love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because i love you", [:@][sm=icon8.gif][:'(](or visa versa.)
At this moment i told my little sis to "turn this shit off, now"   

*emz6* -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 2:23:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henry JW

how is that a bad line? Its one of Blooms better lines

cause everything Bloom says sounds bad, my door has more charisma.

Tig -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 4:23:17 PM)

Sorry to jump on the Star Wars II bandwagon but how about 'I thought we had decided not to fall in love'.  Actually, that whole scene is just stomach churning.

Also, and I apologise that I cannot remember the quote in full, but I saw a screening years ago of possibly the worst film I've ever seen (and there is some stiff competition here): Shining Through.  I sat through the screening trying not to laugh at the complete tripe unfolding infront of me but there was one line that sent me convulsing to the floor - I'm sorry that I can't remember it properly (and I've no desire to rent the film to check it) but it went something like: 'I knew today was Friday because tomorrow was Saturday'.  What??

Joe -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 5:37:55 PM)

What was the one from Aliens? Something like "They mostly come at night. Mostly"

*emz6* -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 5:42:19 PM)

I dont mind that line, i know alot of people have a problem with the delivery of it but its not that bad a line.

svgbdgr -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 6:24:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The Rock

Private Cox: [beating up Mason] English prick. I tell you my old man was Irish?

He is Scottish you idiots.  If they had Connery make a comment about being Scottish after he had killed him all well and good but they just let it ride.  It aggravates me whenever I hear it.

That has always annoyed me, from the first time I saw it - I can't believe Connery, of all people, let that one slide.

Evil_Bob -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 9:22:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goa.Dragon

From Lord of the Rings:

"Legolas! What do your Elf eyes see?"

Ouch.
Whats really funny about that scene is after Aragorn says it,Legolas says ''their taking the hobbits to OISENGUARD!''.At least thats how orlando bloom says it,i believe its pronounced ISENguard!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tin6NJqQQsM [:D]

That is one of the funniest things I have ever fucking seen. I thank you.

I'm about a year and a half too late to mention the Storm line but....well yeah that line sucks.

Plus "I've always been standing in your doorway"

There's a word for people like you lady: STALKER!!!

That Serenity line is fucking hilarious though. How can you not get that Joe? Its totally sums up the characters of Mal and Jayne all in that simple exchange.

Plus you should watch Firefly cause its a great show.

darth silas -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 9:26:50 PM)

From the two towers:''Frodo! its your Sam!!'' It just sounds sooooooo gay!

Evil_Bob -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 9:49:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

From the two towers:''Frodo! its your Sam!!'' It just sounds sooooooo gay!

Seconded.

krudler -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (22/7/2007 9:55:51 PM)

billy zanes "i hope you enjoy your time together!!!" line from titanic always makes me cringe

matty_b -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (23/7/2007 9:43:29 AM)

Margot Kidder's "Can you read my mind?" from Superman always leaves me confused - I don't know whether to laugh or vomit.

Ify -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (24/7/2007 11:19:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: betania

It has to be Van Helsing, when Kate Beckinsale is being threatened by one of Dracula's brides ( Dracula looking like Joe Pesci in a ponny tail)
- If you want to kill someone, you should just do it, not just stand there and say you want to do it!
Well, something like that.
oh, and let's not forget the morronic:
-Wigle your big toe!

That reminds me of the "If you want to shoot, shoot, don't talk" line in The Good The Bad and the Ugly. Hmmm...

What's wrong with the "Wiggle your big toe" line? It's a very comical moment (in a good way).

boot -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (24/7/2007 11:24:26 PM)

"I'm Megatron"

No fucking shit fella. I thought you were Soundwave.

There's actually probably way worse from the film but i've (gladly) forgotten them.

But maybe none so pointless.

TheGreenPlanet -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (19/4/2011 3:05:27 PM)

Anything from the Matrix or StarWars sequels

Cribben -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (19/4/2011 3:27:18 PM)

"WHILE YOU WERE STILL LEARNING HOW TO SPELL YOUR NAME...I...was being trained...TO CONQUER GALAXIES!"

[image]http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Battlefield_Earth/john_travolta_battlefield_earth_002.jpg[/image]

Not only the worst line, but the worst delivery, the worst performance and the worst costume ever to appear in a film.

horribleives -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (19/4/2011 3:48:22 PM)

Sucker Punch - 'Don't write a checque with your mouth you can't cash with your ass'.
As well as being cribbed from about a dozen other films, it doesn't even scan right. 'Don't let your mouth write checques your ass can't cash', while still wholly unoriginal, at least sounds less clunky.
Seeing as this thread is several years old I'm sure Storm's 'zinger' to Toad in X-Men's already been mentioned, but what the hell, it takes some fucking beating.

Gkel -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (19/4/2011 4:23:57 PM)

Re: Cliffhanger.
Especially Lithgow's lines.

"Kill a few people they call you a murderer. Kill a million, they call you a conqueror, go figure."

"stick around." (his accent slipped)

I never liked the Terminator exchange about why they couldnt bring weapons through time. "something about the energy field generated by a living organism.."
It seemed more logical that inanimate matter would be easier to time travel. I.e. when Goldblum was testing the teleportation in the Fly.

I know it was used so the psychiatrist could demonstrate how intricate Reese's delusion was in his answers, but the  T-1000 was  able to go through time  when he was liquid metal...

"I dont know tech stuff."

thedrin -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (20/4/2011 12:12:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gkel

Re: Cliffhanger.
Especially Lithgow's lines.

"Kill a few people they call you a murderer. Kill a million, they call you a conqueror, go figure."

"stick around." (his accent slipped)

Everything uttered by Lithgow in that film is gold. Gold.

mattjtemp -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (26/4/2011 4:22:38 PM)

(With a slight slip from RSC Received Pronunciation to Derbyshire accent) Timothy Dalton in Flash Gordon.

'Freeze, you bloody bastards'.

Awesomely awful line, poetry.

pauljthomas -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (26/4/2011 4:35:27 PM)

Watched The Rock the other night after not seeing it for years. Still a great film but some of the dialogue is shocking.

'I'm only borrowing your Humvie'
'What kind of fucked up tour is this?'
'I'll take pleasure in gutting you, boy!'

But all these are countered by:-
'Your besht? losers always whine about their besht, winners go home and fuck the prom queen'

silent_tea -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (27/4/2011 12:01:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

It was beauty that killed the beast.

Delivered very poorly by Black.

Ha this was my choice.

harrythefilmfan -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (27/4/2011 12:04:03 AM)

"Ya black bastard. Get out. Go on, get out! And don't come back or I'll smash them fucking black brains right off yer black head!" (from Rita, Sue and Bob Too.) This line is so bad it's funny, not that I find racism funny I just think the way this line comes out of nowhere is quite hilarious.

lukeyboy -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (27/4/2011 4:38:41 PM)

Showdown in Little Tokyo wins it for me: Said by Brandon Lee to Dolph Lundgren....

If we die, i just want to tell you that you have the biggest dick i've ever seen on a man!

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Biggus -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (27/4/2011 8:29:57 PM)

"I wish that I could just wish away my feelings."

gazpop -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (5/7/2011 4:05:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dino last

Anyone who thinks Hayden Christensen is a bad actor should see Shattered Glass. And the worst direlogue. "I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant".  And everything he says after that.

And although I haven't read the thread after page 1 (looking forward to that I can tell you), I want to make a point about Hayden C and Annakin. I went to see ROTS in the cinema when it came out (the only one of the 6, to my everlasting shame) and haven't seen it since (more shame?) but can anyone tell me if I'm right about something. If I am, I thought more would have been written about it, but my mate and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Namely this; when Palpatine flicks the switch as it were on his newest toy, Annakin/Vader says, in a creaky girly voice ''Padme?''. Were we right? Cos even though you may say that he realises for the first time he has lost pretty much everything for all time, I'm guessing his boss is gonna be a little ticked off that he didn't start with something a bit more manly or at least omenous like, ''lets get out there and twat the galaxy'', or ''what is thy bidding my master?''. But ''Padme? sniff....'' Honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry people. Although maybe it was all a dreammmmm.

Edit: I had written my thoughts on The Architect (in general) but decided to remove them. I am sure there is a thread or 9 with arguments raging and I don't want to get the fuse lit on here too. Do not bother to ask me what they were either. PM if you must. Cheers. Mine's a pint of apples

Spaldron -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (5/7/2011 5:12:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

And although I haven't read the thread after page 1 (looking forward to that I can tell you), I want to make a point about Hayden C and Annakin. I went to see ROTS in the cinema when it came out (the only one of the 6, to my everlasting shame) and haven't seen it since (more shame?) but can anyone tell me if I'm right about something. If I am, I thought more would have been written about it, but my mate and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Namely this; when Palpatine flicks the switch as it were on his newest toy, Annakin/Vader says, in a creaky girly voice ''Padme?''. Were we right? Cos even though you may say that he realises for the first time he has lost pretty much everything for all time, I'm guessing his boss is gonna be a little ticked off that he didn't start with something a bit more manly or at least omenous like, ''lets get out there and twat the galaxy'', or ''what is thy bidding my master?''. But ''Padme? sniff....'' Honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry people. Although maybe it was all a dreammmmm.

Edit: I had written my thoughts on The Architect (in general) but decided to remove them. I am sure there is a thread or 9 with arguments raging and I don't want to get the fuse lit on here too. Do not bother to ask me what they were either. PM if you must. Cheers. Mine's a pint of apples

[image]http://petmedication365.com/uploaded_images/How-to-identify-pet-medication-pills-753954.jpg[/image]

gazpop -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (5/7/2011 5:17:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: gazpop

[image]http://petmedication365.com/uploaded_images/How-to-identify-pet-medication-pills-753954.jpg[/image]

[:D][:D][:D] But there's no blue ones man!! You know I only take blue ones!!

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI