RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

obi arin kenobi -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (13/2/2006 11:32:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: johnny_ultimate

quote:

ORIGINAL: obi arin kenobi

Whoever is using ANY Arnold dialog as "bad" dialog is dumb.  Yes, dumb.  THAT is what makes him so goddamn entertaining.

Entertaining it may be, but it cannot be denied that as far as dialogue goes it's absoultely brutal. And ANY Arnie dialogue? Come on now, anyone whos seen any of the latest Arnie films knows he can pull off bad without being funny...

I'm actually refering to exactly what you are saying.  The stuff that is funny that is NOT supposed to be funny.  THAT is the stuff that is gold.

Rob -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 1:16:27 PM)

Got to concur with "Is it raining - I hadn't noticed" - Truly awful

Some other pet peeves:

Anything Arnie says as Mr Freeze

Independance Day

Suck my dick - GI Jane / Long Kiss Goodnight - You see it's clever becuase they are women and don't have penises (penii?) [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

Wait, what are we doing falling into a trap, we're cleverer than this - Revenge of the Sith.  Good film but what the f*ck is that line?

It's turkey time, gobble gobble - Gigli

clarabell -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 6:04:36 PM)

I'd have to agree with Storm's line in X-men.  That was truely awful and delivered really really badly - makes me cringe just thinking about it

Ify -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 7:05:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarabell

I'd have to agree with Storm's line in X-men.  That was truely awful and delivered really really badly - makes me cringe just thinking about it

Yes, especially how we (the viewer) expect her to say something witty and she comes out with that bollocks.

Somebody is yet to comment on my "Star Wars dialogue is supposed to be shit/corny as it is a reference to the Saturday morning martinee serials from the 50's" comment.

Spengler -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 7:15:03 PM)

As good as Starship Troopers is:

"If you walk out of that door, you're only proving one thing."
"Oh yeah? And what's that?"
"That you don't have what it takes to be a citizen."

oooooh, shit!

And the whole "this is where it turned...." speech.

doubleshiny -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 8:45:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

"Do you want to captain this ship?"

"Yeah"

"Well...you can't"

Is one that immediately springs to mind.

You do know that that is a joke right?

This however, is not.

"From the Jedi point of view! From my point of view, the Jedi are evil."

Marky_Mark -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 9:23:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Keira Knightley's "If you like pain, try wearing a corset!" from POTC.

Amen!

Still, worst line of dialogue EVER has to go to Storm's X-Men line - the one everyone else has posted! Absolutely wrecked the film for me.

In my script:

Storm : "Do you know what happens to a toad when he gets struck by lightening...?.......he croaks"

(SHAZZAM!)

[sm=happy07.gif]

Seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again- Halle Berry should never have been given that role; it should have been someone older, with a bit of sass and capable of showing more emotion- Angela Bassett anyone? 

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 9:32:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

Still, worst line of dialogue EVER has to go to Storm's X-Men line - the one everyone else has posted! Absolutely wrecked the film for me.

Seriously though, I've said it before and I'll say it again- Halle Berry should never have been given that role; it should have been someone older, with a bit of sass and capable of showing more emotion- Angela Bassett anyone? 

Oh yeah, totally. I always thought they'd have picked Bassett, but then, by the time they actually got round to making the film, she might have seemed too old for the part. That said, if you've seen any of Alias, she seems to have reversed the aging process! Berry was never good in the part, which becomes more appalling when you consider the contempt that she's held for the series which has effectively given her a career in Hollywood.

Marky_Mark -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 9:37:02 PM)

She IS Storm- such a shame that this never happened! So much more class and on screen intimidation than Berry's 'puppy dog' storm- can you imagine Bassett with her eyes whited-out, summoning up the arctic wind in the opening scene from X-Men? WOW

[image]http://www.crazy4cinema.com/Actress/imgs/bassett.jpg[/image]

jeanne -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 9:48:47 PM)

We must talk to the dolphins.
[sm=happy07.gif][sm=18.gif][sm=happy07.gif] 
or how does it go. Really the whole script of Hudson Hawk

Tarbie -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 10:01:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ify

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarabell

Yes, especially how we (the viewer) expect her to say something witty and she comes out with that bollocks.
Actually, that's the reason I quite like that line.  When she asked the question, I thought to myself "Oh, Christ.  Another really bad pun, like Radioactive Man asking 'Hot enough for you?'", so I was pleasantly amused by the non-punchline.

As for Angela Bassett, perhaps she was offered it and turned it down.  You never know . . .

Regarding bad dialogue, I think the whole 'Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?' in Attack Of The Clones is the most cringeworthy for me.  Some of you may argue that it was a bit of light humour, but I reckon that it's more of a public information film.  I half expected Ewan McGregor to turn to camera and say "Remember, kids: winners don't smoke!".  With that in mind, I was a bit surprised that Dave Prowse wasn't brought back for episode 3 so he could get his message across about the Green Cross Code.

Chase -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 11:03:17 PM)

In the excellent Leon the dialogue starts of really badly with just two lines delivered by a fat guy:

'Somebodys coming up.........somebody..serious'

Thankfully every other second of the film redeems it.

Tarbie -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (14/2/2006 11:04:41 PM)

Morgan Freeman in Dreamcatcher:

"These people are Americans.  And the idea of slaughtering Americans just turns my stomach."

That line did the same for me, Morgs!

dannypne7 -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 12:01:01 AM)

Escape to Victory, when Michael Caine is displaying tactics for the game against the Germans on the blackboard:

Pele: "I go like thees, and thees and thees. There - goal, easy."

Admittedly the entire film is somewhat of a cheesefest, but this line makes me wince in utter pain. 

Mozza -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 12:04:10 AM)

The Superman dialog in Kill Bill really gets my goat as well. 

thepluginbaby -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 1:23:37 PM)

I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon but Ep III was full of stinkers.

Anakin: Your so... beautiful.

Padme: Its only because I'm so in love

Anakin: No (chuckles) no its only because I'm so in love with you

Padme: So love has blinded you?

Yak, what the frig was that about?  I think you can actually see Hayden Christiansen cringe at how bad the dialogue is in that 'tender love' scene.  To think those two lovebirds are doomed to darkness...  Oh well!   

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 1:28:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spengler

As good as Starship Troopers is:

"If you walk out of that door, you're only proving one thing."
"Oh yeah? And what's that?"
"That you don't have what it takes to be a citizen."

oooooh, shit!

And the whole "this is where it turned...." speech.

that film really went over your head did'nt it?

thepluginbaby -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 2:18:18 PM)

Agreeing with an earlier point Jurassic park 3 just had drivel.  Where to begin? 

GRANT: All our theories of raptor intelligence, we weren't even close...

Jurassic Park, Raptors had already opened doors, by The Lost World the raptors could dig...  and by JP3 they could talk!  By JP4 raptors will be forming their own civilisation, writing their own constitution and seeking ambitious economic plans to modernise industry and infastructure...  "had it not been for the cataclysmic events that followed it is indeed possible that raptors instead of man would have become the dominant species of this planet."  Come on, they don't even have opposable thumbs. 

jeanne -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 3:14:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon but Ep III was full of stinkers.

Anakin: Your so... beautiful.

Padme: Its only because I'm so in love

Anakin: No (chuckles) no its only because I'm so in love with you

Padme: So love has blinded you?

Yak, what the frig was that about?  I think you can actually see Hayden Christiansen cringe at how bad the dialogue is in that 'tender love' scene.  To think those two lovebirds are doomed to darkness...  Oh well!   

[sm=happy07.gif]

I really didn't remember that. It so terrible!!!!!
Also the Spiderman patriotism : If you pick on one newyorker you get every one.... Or how in hells name it went.

DanielFullard -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 3:25:15 PM)

"Annie You've Grown"
"So have you.....Grown More Beautiful I mean"

CRINGEEE!!!!!

Orbital -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 3:31:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dino last

This is not I hate Episode III forum. Episode III rocked and is better than most films last year like King Kong (which was good, but too long) and serenity, which was shite. Oh god you lot have got me going on about Star Wars now. Well, if it was crap why did it make the most money last year.

Arnie does some bad ones but they are still amusing, Alec Guinness was right : Lucas can't write dialgoue

svgbdgr -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 4:21:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannypne7

Escape to Victory, when Michael Caine is displaying tactics for the game against the Germans on the blackboard:

Pele: "I go like thees, and thees and thees. There - goal, easy."

Admittedly the entire film is somewhat of a cheesefest, but this line makes me wince in utter pain. 

LOL - that's one of my flatmate's favourite movie moments EVER! Personally I preferred Pele in those ads - "Erection problems? No worries. I come round your house, I do your wife. I am Pele. I am hung like a bull." or however they went.

RebelScum -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 4:38:17 PM)

Can everyone please stop mis-quoting star wars? Its offending my eyes!

Anyway, as much as I love LOTR, and I do, this snippet from Fellowship is far worse than anything Threepio concocted in SW:

Elrond: You shall be the fellowship of the ring!
(Music swells)
Pippin: Great. Where are we going?

I mean how inappropriate! Completely defused the beautifully dramatic moment for me.

Joe -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 9:05:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubleshiny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

"Do you want to captain this ship?"

"Yeah"

"Well...you can't"

Is one that immediately springs to mind.

You do know that that is a joke right?

This however, is not.

"From the Jedi point of view! From my point of view, the Jedi are evil."

Yeah but aren't jokes suppossed to be...you know.....funny?

BobaJango -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (15/2/2006 9:42:56 PM)

I saw Behind enemy lines once (only because it was on a coach i was travelling in). Owen Wilson's stupid character must have said "Goddamn it" about a hundred times in that shitty film!

Chauncey Gardener -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (16/2/2006 1:37:31 PM)

It may be stating the obvious but most dialogue written by Joe Esterhaus - Showgirls probably has no acceptable lines in it at all:

"There's always someone younger and hungrier coming down the stairs after you."
"I'm erect. Why aren't you erect?"
"I'll make sure he gives her enough money, she can have a dress shop."
"You got low self-esteem baby, you're a fantastic fuck."
"It must be weird, not having anybody cum on you."
"Mmm-hmmm. Long time ago. Doggy Chow. I used to love Doggy Chow."
"I saw you! Man everybody got AIDS and shit. You know, what is it that you think you do? You fuck'em without fucking them, that's what you do! Well it aint right! You've got to much talent for it to be right!"
"I have a problem with pussy. I always have, and I'm always gonna."
"Molly, they're going to see a smiling snatch if you don't fix this g-string."
"Okay... To about here... Maybe... No, no a little less. I want my nipples to press, but I don't want them to look like they're levitatin'!"
"If you want to last longer than a week, you give me a blow-job. First I get you used to the money, then I make you swallow."
"Honey, you could never handle me with all these wrinkles of fat. Why, you'd never find the thing. I'd have to piss on you to give you a clue."

Can't take any more...brain leaving head...

betania -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (16/2/2006 2:01:10 PM)

It has to be Van Helsing, when Kate Beckinsale is being threatened by one of Dracula's brides ( Dracula looking like Joe Pesci in a ponny tail)
- If you want to kill someone, you should just do it, not just stand there and say you want to do it!
Well, something like that.
oh, and let's not forget the morronic:
-Wigle your big toe!

paolo verdi -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (17/2/2006 4:18:59 PM)

Some of Arnie's lines are so bad they are cheesy, but "don't drink and bake" from Raw Deal is just BAD, BAD, BAD,BAD, BAD!

00dancal -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (17/2/2006 6:39:07 PM)

Very corny end to Darth Vaders dialogue in ROTS ill have to admit possibly what cartoon characters in such atroius japanese kid shows

00dancal -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (17/2/2006 6:45:32 PM)

-"Master i've learned a terrible truth, i think chancellor Palpatine is a Sith Lord"
-"A Sith Lord"?
-"Yes the one we've benn looking for"
Utterly diabolical dialogue and when spoken should be a lot more of a dramatic moment as thats when the film really changes and the jedi have been searching for him for at least  20 years !!! I rest my case   

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI