What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

KnightofZyryab -> What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 5:30:16 PM)

Which line or quote in a film annoys you the most?

dark crystal -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 5:31:55 PM)

Easy peasy...."Is it raining? I hadn't noticed....."   [:'(]

Ify -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:03:21 PM)

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?........The same thing that happens to everything else. "

The worst line EVER.

James2183 -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:05:02 PM)

"Wakey, Wakey, eggs and bakey"

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

obi arin kenobi -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:07:35 PM)

"I AM NO MAN!!!!"

kumar -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:16:23 PM)

quote:

"I AM NO MAN!!!!"

what the hell is wrong with that?? eowyn isnt a man!!!

jurassic park 3......"omygod.....its a bird cage"......."for what...?".....for bloody triceratops woman!! what else????

BobaJango -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:29:42 PM)

"Chill out"
"What killed the dinosaurs...the ice-age"
" The Iceman cometh"

All these and many many...MANY more from the wonder that is Arnie's Mr Freeze!

HIGHLANDER -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:30:50 PM)

"You guys look like a monkey fucking a football out there!" from Days of Thunder

Underscore -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:37:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dark crystal

Easy peasy...."Is it raining? I hadn't noticed....."   [:'(]

Yeah, that is very very bad. Not helped by the fact it was acted by a cardboard cut out.

Or was it Andie McDowell? I get easily confused with those two.... [:D]

Zatoichi -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:42:44 PM)

"Then they attacked a town. A small town I'll admit. But nevertheless, a town of people - people who died."

from Plan 9 From Outer Space

BobaJango -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:53:47 PM)

A bit [sm=schild15.gif] but i'd just like to point out that the BEST bit of dialogue ever, consists of just one word...

Hartigan -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:55:37 PM)

would that be "nooooooooooooooooooooo" ?

BobaJango -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 6:57:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartigan

would that be "nooooooooooooooooooooo" ?

Nope!

Jebediah -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:11:00 PM)

Quite cliched but the Star Wars prequel trilogy has some of the most appaling dialogue that I have ever heard. However I'm going to pick the overly used "We must move quickly", which was realy brought to my attention by Mark Kermode's review of Episode III. For me it's frequent use sums up Lucas' recent poor ability to write anything decent, which is a shame because his work from American Graffiti to when he decided to write Episodes I, II, III is good.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:14:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jebediah

Quite cliched but the Star Wars prequel trilogy has some of the most appaling dialogue that I have ever heard. However I'm going to pick the overly used "We must move quickly", which was realy brought to my attention by Mark Kermode's review of Episode III. For me it's frequent use sums up Lucas' recent poor ability to write anything decent, which is a shame because his work from American Graffiti to when he decided to write Episodes I, II, III is good.

I dislike a lot of dialogue in the prequels too, and Lucas' crew too adknowledge his talent is for visuals and pantomime, although ROTS was brightened up by some good acting.

Ify -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:20:43 PM)

Wasn't the dialogue meant to be corny? Wasn't it supposed to reference the dialogue from the saturday morning martinee serials from the 50's? (of course this does not explain the wooden acting)

Jebediah -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:30:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jebediah

I dislike a lot of dialogue in the prequels too, and Lucas' crew too adknowledge his talent is for visuals and pantomime, although ROTS was brightened up by some good acting.

I take it that you're being sarcastic.

Mr Grady -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:32:31 PM)

It was beauty that killed the beast.

Delivered very poorly by Black.

doncopey1 -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:35:11 PM)

I think he was being sarcastic beacuse the acting in revenge of the sith was appaling, hayden christensen managed to act worse than he did in attack of the clones and for appaling dialogue. "Ray Shields, wait were smarter than this. Apparently not."

Good god George lucas cant write

Kid A -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:42:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

It was beauty that killed the beast.

Delivered very poorly by Black.

That was horrible.

BobaJango -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 7:43:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doncopey1

I think he was being sarcastic beacuse the acting in revenge of the sith was appaling, hayden christensen managed to act worse than he did in attack of the clones and for appaling dialogue. "Ray Shields, wait were smarter than this. Apparently not."

Good god George lucas cant write

I actually thought Hayden's acting was a bit better in ROTS. He has transformed from very very very shit actor to just very very shit actor (and a half).

Oh Dae Su -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 8:05:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

"Wakey, Wakey, eggs and bakey"

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

You serious?

Katamarang -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 8:22:42 PM)

Let's hunt some orc!

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

pettsy -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:00:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ify

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?........The same thing that happens to everything else. "

The worst line EVER.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...this line was actually written by Joss Whedon. 

Dino last -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:09:00 PM)

Anyone who thinks Hayden Christensen is a bad actor should see Shattered Glass. And the worst direlogue. "I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant".  And everything he says after that.

Hood_Man -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:10:11 PM)

"You may alert my Star Destroyer, to prepare for my arrival!"

I think that's how it goes, anyway.  I have to press mute just before it comes, I don't want the rest of the film to be spoiled because I can't get that awful line out of my head.

Mozza -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:10:39 PM)

I think any dialogue in ROTS that features the word "Younglings" is a winner.

pettsy -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:12:17 PM)

The one time in the whole movie my brother picked to need the toilet! [sm=893banghead-thumb.gif]

Hood_Man -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:13:10 PM)

I thought Grievous had a right clunker at the beginning as well.

"Just as Count Dooku predicted!"

What, that kidnapping the most important man in the galaxy would trigger a rescue attempt carried out by Jedi, the most efficient people for the job?  Yeah, very insightful [sm=rolleyes10.gif]

Mozza -> RE: What's the worst line of dialogue in a film? (11/2/2006 9:14:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zatoichi

"Then they attacked a town. A small town I'll admit. But nevertheless, a town of people - people who died."

from Plan 9 From Outer Space

The Plan 9 Pantheon of direlogue:

Modern women. They've been like that all down through the ages. Especially in a spot like this.

Visits? That would indicate visitors.

Criswell: Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown... the mysterious. The unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you, the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony, of the miserable souls, who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts of grave robbers from outer space?

Criswell: [narrating] At the funeral of the old man, unknown to his mourners, his DEAD WIFE was watching!

Criswell: [narrating] ... The grief from his wife's death became greater and greater agony. The home they had so long shared became a tomb, a sweet memory of her joyous living. The sky to which he had once looked was now only a covering for her dead body. The ever-beautiful flowers she had planted with her own hands became nothing more than the lost roses of her cheeks. Confused by his great loss, the old man left that home... never to return again!

Criswell: My friend, you have seen this incident, based on sworn testimony. Can you prove that it didn't happen?

Criswell: Perhaps, on your way home, someone will pass you in the dark, and you will never know it... for they will be from outer space.

Anyone see a pattern forming there?

I hope this has been covered in the bad sci-fi thread!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI