RE: Tom Hardy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

MonsterCat -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 1:04:51 PM)

Bronson would eat Chopper for breakfast.

Ref -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 1:11:25 PM)

Just adding my praise.

Must admit though, that I wasn't particularly fond of his Heathcliff but that stems from my hatred of Wuthering Heights (awful book and awful characters [sm=indifferent08.gif])

Like people have stated his banter with J-GL in Inception was top notch. And I really was surprised how well he emoted in his role of Bane, given that half of his face was covered. Well done, sir - well done indeed.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 1:21:38 PM)

Apparently he's going to be Max in the new Mad Max film... Interesting.

Saltire -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 6:45:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Apparently he's going to be Max in the new Mad Max film... Interesting.

Thats been on the go for a few years now, I remember him on Jonathon Ross saying about two years ago he was going to be heading out filming that; I think it got delayed somewhat. I also believe he's going to be playing Al Capone too.

superdan -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 7:51:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Bronson would eat Chopper for breakfast.

Ooo, matron!

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Tom Hardy (31/7/2012 1:43:01 AM)

I love him, plain and simple.

I haven't seen Bronson but I do intend to look it up now I'm becoming more of a fan of Hardy. I watched Inception for the first time at the weekend and I thought he was brilliant. It is a fantastic film with a ton of solid performances, but for me he stole a LOT of scenes with just a bit of a smile or a witty comment- especially from Leonardo Di Caprio. His banter with Joseph Gordon-Levitt was great. I love the little scene where they're explaining what a kick is to Ariadne and Eames kicks Arthur's chair leg.

I also liked him in This Means War. I don't know if there are many fans of the film on here but I loved it. Doesn't hurt that I adore Chris Pine, too, but the two of them sparked off each other so well. They both have really good comic timing, and Hardy does such a good job of playing the more sensitive guy opposite Pine's club-rat.

That, of course, is a COMPLETE contrast to Bane. I've been going on about his performance as Bane ever since I first saw the film in IMAX on release night. Considering you can't see half of his face and he's relying on his body movements- and just his eyes in the close-up shots- to convey his emotions, I think he did an amazing job. The power of some of the expressions in his eyes was just awesome.

I actually went to the DKR premiere and managed to meet him. On top of being an amazing actor he is is SUCH a nice guy. At the start he spent absolutely ages signing autographs and taking photos with the fans near the stage. After he did his interviews he came to the area where I was with my friends. By that time, it was getting close to the time where they had to go into the cinema so they were getting rushed a bit. My friend asked if she could take a photo with him and he said "Oh, I really would love to but unfortunately I'm running a little late now so I can't. I'm really sorry" but he signed for both my friends and I, plus dozens of other people before he finally got almost forced into the cinema.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Tom Hardy (31/7/2012 3:22:08 AM)

GEEK WARNING ALERT:

In This Means War he was co-starring with Chris Pine. In Star Trek Nemesis Tom Hardy played a clone of Capt Picard, and in Star Trek, Chris Pine played Capt Kirk. This Means War brought Picard and Kirk back together again! I love how geeky that is.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Tom Hardy (31/7/2012 9:14:50 PM)

quote:

GEEK WARNING ALERT:

In This Means War he was co-starring with Chris Pine. In Star Trek Nemesis Tom Hardy played a clone of Capt Picard, and in Star Trek, Chris Pine played Capt Kirk. This Means War brought Picard and Kirk back together again! I love how geeky that is.

I love to be reminded how geeky you are. It's not all about bums, after all! [sm=whistle.gif]

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Tom Hardy (1/8/2012 10:22:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

GEEK WARNING ALERT:

I love to be reminded how geeky you are. It's not all about bums, after all! [sm=whistle.gif]

[:D]

st3veebee -> RE: Tom Hardy (1/8/2012 2:39:41 PM)

Great actor. Has an incredible screen presence: just look at TDKR: with his mouth and most of his face covered he still creates an immensely poweful character that ignited he screen whenever he appeared.

Can do comedy: Bronson ( I haven't/won't see This Means War..)

Can obviously do drama: Tinker Tailor and pretty much everything he is in.

Can deliver a line, be cool as hell and basically steal the show with little screen time: Inception

Can hulk out, beat the shite out of Bats, kill innocent people, cry and still make you feel sorry for him: TDKR

Great talent with hopefully a great future ahead of him.

Biggus -> RE: Tom Hardy (12/10/2012 10:38:16 PM)

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/tom-hardy-total-btard/

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Tom Hardy (17/10/2012 11:27:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: speedt

Tom Hardy is great English Actor

Straight to the point,I like it.[:D]

apnavarun -> RE: Tom Hardy (19/10/2012 2:49:14 AM)

he is good actor i liked his acting in many films....... including lawless

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.296875E-02