RE: Tom Hardy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

Sway -> RE: Tom Hardy (27/8/2010 3:21:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I rate him quite highly actually, from what I've seen of him. He gives a terrifically vaudevillian performance in Bronson (bit too much full frontal male nudity for my liking though [:D]), and he reins it in nicely in Inception. The banter between him and Gordon-Levitt is excellent. I thought he was pretty good in RocknRolla too.

The less said about that crappy Star Trek film the better though.

I like you.

Vaudevillian performace - definitely! Too much full frontal nudity? - not enough! [:D]

batcountry84 -> RE: Tom Hardy (27/8/2010 8:38:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sway

quote:

ORIGINAL: batcountry84

Ahhh, so here's where your hiding, Sway! [:D]

I got one word for ya: BRONSON

Bang bang - Knockout![:)]

[:D] Hahaha, I just replied to you in the Av thread and pointed you in this direction.... Looks like you beat me to it.  I just thought it was quite amusing you went from an Eames related av to Bronson, and thought maybe you'd been aware of my total obsession for him!

I didn't realise Sway. I watched Bronson a while ago, and loved it. "this is the post office i robbed, this is what I got away with and this is what they gave me: 7 years imprisonment".
Then 7yrs turned to Life. What a raw deal. The real Charlie Bronson is a very smart man indeed. There is nothing he does not know about keeping fit and strong.

Freeky_Feet -> RE: Tom Hardy (9/2/2011 11:01:20 AM)

quote:

not just because I think he's indescribably hot, but also because I think he's immensely talented.

^^^^^ I couldn't agree more!

Sway -> RE: Tom Hardy (22/5/2011 7:29:09 PM)

[image]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lli38mB0271qcga5ro1_500.jpg[/image]

Well I guess this thread will be bumped again in the not too distant future.

MonsterCat -> RE: Tom Hardy (22/5/2011 7:41:38 PM)

If I were Batman, I'd pissing in my suit right about now. Could that guy be more ripped?

Sphinx -> RE: Tom Hardy (24/5/2011 8:16:04 PM)

Ah the madness of the method man!!

I read an interview recently, didn't really look to me like a tearaway - it's good to see lives turn around like his has. His insecurities really endear you to him, like how he thinks it's all so temporary - bless him

Hope he does well for the future

darth silas -> RE: Tom Hardy (24/5/2011 8:53:54 PM)

I think hes a very talented and charismatic actor.I first saw him in Star Trek:Nemesis and thought he was great in that.Havnt seen him in much since but thought he was a real scene stealer in Inception.Hes a great choice to play Bane in the new Bat film and that shot shot of him in character is SO bad ass.Cant wait to see him and Bale face off on screen.

threshold -> RE: Tom Hardy (24/5/2011 11:20:44 PM)

I feel proud to know that I knew him before Inception.
ROCKNROLLA!!!!!!

Saltire -> RE: Tom Hardy (7/7/2011 11:33:58 PM)

Yeah Bronson was his breakthrough film (though I think he deliberately hammed it up as it was a sort of panto) but he will blow people away with Bane in the new Batman and of course as a character he very much epitomises - Mad Max. Once those are out, he will be genuine 'A' list and we will start to see just how good he is - btw The Take wasn't much to write home about, but he himself was absolutely terrifying in it, you never knew when he'd explode.

Looking forward to what he's gonna do in the future as he's definately gonna be the number one young sought-after British actor along with Benedict Cumberpatch over the next few years.

Sway -> RE: Tom Hardy (25/9/2011 5:52:30 PM)

So Warrior once again proved Hardy's acting chops, aswell as his dedication to achieving insanely large shoulder/neck muscles.  I don't think he's ever properly dropped the beef he put on for Bronson.

Anyway Hardy was great in Warrior, despite it really being Joel Edgerton's film.   He masterfully played his character from a broken home with just the right amount of pain, anger and sensitivity without it becoming over the top or lending itself to a cliche.  Under his bulk he plays a shell of a man and I feel Hardy played it pitch perfectly.  

[image]http://cdn03.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tom-hardy-warrior-portraits-03.jpg[/image]

[image]http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Tom-in-scene-from-Warrior-tom-hardy-20086567-720-566.jpg[/image]

However, despite the great performance I don't think it was too much of a stretch for him.   We've seen that Hardy isn't scared to try new things - Bronson attests to that, aswell as his recent turn in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - and I'd quite like to see him in a radically different role sometime soon.   I'm personally looking forward to seeing what kind of character he'll be playing in Hillcoat's new film, The Wettest County In The World.

MonsterCat -> RE: Tom Hardy (25/9/2011 6:16:32 PM)

I hear he's in a romantic comedy directed by McG.

Well, Hardy can't always get it right. [:D]

Coyleone -> RE: Tom Hardy (8/10/2011 2:16:57 PM)

Hardy is one of my favorite actors at the minute along with Gosling.

Hardy was great in Bronson and Inception, and after seeing him in Warrior and Tinker Tailor I can easily say he is a great actor and one of the best going in hollywood.

no1psh -> RE: Tom Hardy (19/11/2011 6:01:21 PM)

A class actor, who's only getting started really. Plenty of awards in the future I'd suggest!

Bill Murray -> RE: Tom Hardy (23/12/2011 5:41:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I think the best thing I've seen him in is Stuart A Life Backwards.

This. I'd thoroughly recommend this TV movie for anyone who enjoys good performances. It stars two of Britain's greatest young talent before they had reached the fame they have obtained now, (Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy). Hardy is fantastic in it, and the only performance of his I think matches it is in "Warrior", which is just as good as "the fighter", for all you naysayers.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Tom Hardy (23/12/2011 8:44:30 PM)

Been a fan since seeing him in Star Trek:Nemesis.Despite having to wear such a silly costume,he gave a great performance.

His role as Bane should really make him a superstar.He just looks so fucking scary!

mercncfc -> RE: Tom Hardy (16/1/2012 7:38:39 PM)

I think he is going to be one of the biggest hollywood actors around in a few years. Ive seen almost everything he has been in.....my favourite probably being 'The Take' that was on TV. I can't wait to see him as Bane

horribleives -> RE: Tom Hardy (17/1/2012 6:51:44 AM)

Watched Bronson the other night - anyone else think Hardy is the absolute spit of Bomber out of Raiders Of The Lost Ark?

Sutty -> RE: Tom Hardy (12/2/2012 10:48:33 PM)

Saw him on The Jonathon Ross Show last night. He's seems a pretty intense (and slightly insecure) dude. I like him. And he has a kinda cool voice in my opinion. Have just rented The Warrior on blu ray and looking forward to watching it.

Harry Lime -> RE: Tom Hardy (13/2/2012 12:32:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Murray
quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I think the best thing I've seen him in is Stuart A Life Backwards.

This. I'd thoroughly recommend this TV movie for anyone who enjoys good performances. It stars two of Britain's greatest young talent before they had reached the fame they have obtained now, (Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy).

I'll double this! I love this. Hardy is incredible in it. His best work by some distance, and I say that as a big fan of his.

quote:

Have just rented The Warrior on blu ray and looking forward to watching it.

I kinda enjoyed Warrior in a sub-Rocky kinda way - but the last twenty minutes are pure bullshit and deeply unsatisfying. Any remaining suspension of disbelief was stretched way beyond it's snapping point.

Sutty -> RE: Tom Hardy (22/2/2012 9:30:35 PM)

Agreed there Harry. It went from a rather good - albeit as you said sub rocky - drama, and suddenly in the last 20 minutes morphed in to Rowdy Harringtons Gladiator!! Very strange. Loved Noltes performance though. Particularly his scene outside his sons house when he see's his granddaughter. Thought the "Moby Dick" scene was a bit like Hanks opera scene in Philadelphia if you know what I mean...?

sanctumest -> RE: Tom Hardy (26/2/2012 1:50:27 AM)

Loved him in Warrior. Ferocious, vulnerable and weak all at once. Edgerton was the heart, but Hardy showed the damage for both of them. Movies like this are never going to shock, but I was drawn in by the 3 central performances, and the stories' integrity.

yazoo88 -> RE: Tom Hardy (19/3/2012 2:54:26 PM)

Loved him in Warrior and can't wait to see him as Bane in the new Batman. I also have a slight obsession with Hardy, there's just something about him!

Was horrified to watch him in romantic comedy 'This Means War' (directed by McG) He didn't suit this film one bit and his acting demonstrated this! I guess its good that he tried his hand at something different, but I pray he never tries it again...

anakin solo -> RE: Tom Hardy (19/3/2012 9:30:05 PM)

[sm=fighting03.gif] He is a really good actor, and I became a fan of his when i saw him in Star Trek Nemesis as Shinzon and he was amazing in Inception, and would like to see him in the Fighter i think he's in because it looks like a great film

shool -> RE: Tom Hardy (20/3/2012 10:34:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: anakin solo

[sm=fighting03.gif] He is a really good actor, and I became a fan of his when i saw him in Star Trek Nemesis as Shinzon and he was amazing in Inception, and would like to see him in the Fighter i think he's in because it looks like a great film

I think you might mean Warrior. [:)]

anakin solo -> RE: Tom Hardy (20/3/2012 7:27:32 PM)

[sm=fighting03.gif] Yeah that's the right film thanks.

Saltire -> RE: Tom Hardy (1/4/2012 6:52:36 PM)

Watched him and the mighty Benedict Cumberpatch in Stuart - A Life Backwards last night.

The first scene I saw him in, I thought he was overacting, but it grew on me as the poor sods story unfolded, and by the end I found it a warm, funny and powerful performance from Tom.

Sway -> RE: Tom Hardy (1/4/2012 7:12:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Watched him and the mighty Benedict Cumberpatch in Stuart - A Life Backwards last night.

The first scene I saw him in, I thought he was overacting
, but it grew on me as the poor sods story unfolded, and by the end I found it a warm, funny and powerful performance from Tom.

I thought the same when I first watched it. One of my friends at work lent me the book not that long before Christmas, so I quickly read that then watched the film. Originally I thought I wasn't going to like the film, but just like you, it grew on me and I really felt that the essence of Stuart, as I'd read the book, really shone through in Hardy's performance.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 12:53:35 PM)

[image]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4504/hardycollage.jpg[/image]

My respect* for this man grows with each film I see him in.

*not a euphemism.

MonsterCat -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 12:57:33 PM)

I would like to see him play Bill Hicks in the upcoming biopic from Russell Crowe.

Either him or Eric Bana.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Tom Hardy (30/7/2012 1:02:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I would like to see him play Bill Hicks in the upcoming biopic from Russell Crowe.

Either him or Eric Bana.

Charles Bronson v Mark "Chopper" Read. I'd watch that film.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI