Deathly Hallows Trailer Breakdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Deathly Hallows Trailer Breakdown (1/7/2010 2:03:22 PM)

Post your comments on this article

popcornadict -> *Sniff* (1/7/2010 2:03:22 PM)

The scene where Hermione pushes a distraught Ron back from something (Fred?) is pretty gut-wrenching.

November seriously cannot come quick enough.

livewire -> The split point (1/7/2010 2:08:02 PM)

I think they'll split the film around the time of the capture and imprisonment in Malfoy manor or the arrival at shell cottage and what happens on their arrival.

seriously though. the film does look like its going to be epic based on the trailer. really hope they keep everything in although there are obvious changes to the story already such as the fight in the quad. looking forward to it though.

Mahj -> HP Trailer Breakdown (1/7/2010 2:30:02 PM)

Oh Empire, how I love thee for this trailer breakdown. Bearing in mind I have watched it 10 times a day since Mon, there were still things I had missed (bloomin' scenes move so fast). Anyone else noticed the bit with everyone's favourite snake Nagini, that she appears to be in a nursery? Could this be Baby Harry's? Also surely the trio apparating from the wedding and ending up in London would be Part I?
Cant. Feckin. Wait. For. November.

mogel96 -> (1/7/2010 3:14:00 PM)

Nice breakdown, really hoping this one exceeds the other films in the series to be a amazing spectacle. However, could you possibly do one for Paranormal Activity 2, for those of us that get their knickers in a twist over watching scary traillers =)

The Todge -> (1/7/2010 3:23:29 PM)

Anybody else think that the bit with Voldemort shooting light into the air is not as Empire suppose, when he kills Harry, but rather when he retireves the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb?

SGC_51 -> Voldemort Triumphant page (1/7/2010 3:57:04 PM)

Uh...Empire I too believe that you are wrong in your description of the photo titled 'Voldemort Triumphant". If you look at the frame before that in the trailer and the picture you have posted you can see Voldermort with the Elder Wand standing on the White Tomb. So this is where he stills the Elder Wand from Dumbledor's tomb. Plus Voldermort's Avada Kedavra curse was used in the Forbidden Forest where there are many more and very large trees...which the first 20 seconds of the trailer actually shows...In regards to the trailer itself...Awesome!

doubtlesswonder -> RE: HP Trailer Breakdown (1/7/2010 3:58:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mahj

Oh Empire, how I love thee for this trailer breakdown. Bearing in mind I have watched it 10 times a day since Mon, there were still things I had missed (bloomin' scenes move so fast). Anyone else noticed the bit with everyone's favourite snake Nagini, that she appears to be in a nursery? Could this be Baby Harry's? Also surely the trio apparating from the wedding and ending up in London would be Part I?

No, Nagini was never in baby Harry's nursery. That's Bathilda Bagshot's house. I'm pretty sure Voldemort didn't even have Nagini back then.

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Todge

Anybody else think that the bit with Voldemort shooting light into the air is not as Empire suppose, when he kills Harry, but rather when he retireves the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb?

I completely agree. The trees are too sparse for that to be in the Forbidden Forest. Just compare it to the first shots of Harry walking to meet Voldemort, the Forbidden Forest is much denser.

vaxes -> Page 14 Voldemort Triumphant (1/7/2010 5:10:09 PM)

i think your mistaken and this scene is more likely to be when Voldemort steals the Elder Wand from Dumbledore's tomb.
The whole scene fits better when you think of it this way, and you can just about see a marble cover-stone of his tomb

JimBill93 -> Seriously hope... (1/7/2010 5:11:11 PM)

I seriously hope that they don't leave out the bit in the Battle of Hogwarts, when all the spiders come in through a wall. That and the attack of the Hogwarts house-elves were the highlights of the Battle. Will definately cry at Dobby's death... That was the bit that got me in the book!

iwantbitty -> Hermione, Just-A Walking Down The Street (1/7/2010 5:27:48 PM)

Isn't that the Lovegood residence in the background, aren't they meant to live in a tower and isn't Godric's Hollow covered in snow in the book and some of the photos released so far?

Guinevere -> Dobby (1/7/2010 5:33:11 PM)

I have a feeling they're going to have the escape from Malfoy Manor as the climax of part 1, and then end with Dobby's death and funeral rather than throw that away at the very beginning of the second part. On the other hand it could set the tone for the second film but I'd prefer they laid a little more emphasis on it as that's the one part of the entire series where I've cried the most: mental, I know.

Bluehawk -> (1/7/2010 6:48:51 PM)

''Ron running from a room full of people (Gringotts?)''
Ministry of Magic.

In my memmory, the Gringotts Bank escape was the only place to slice the movie. The rest was just too boring, while the latter part of the book could be easily stretched out.

doenutts -> RE: (1/7/2010 8:31:40 PM)

After The Wedding, On The Run
http://www.empireonline.com/features/harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer-breakdown/16.asp
This is clearly from part one and not part two as stated as it is at the start of the book probaly only a few chapters in, they go on to hide out in a cafe off of Oxford Street and 2 Death Eaters turn up

gregoire -> Any scene where Hermione's looking smoking hot (1/7/2010 9:12:30 PM)

*goes for a lie down and some private Gregoire time*

Badlan -> Voldemort triumphant (2/7/2010 12:17:47 AM)

The commenters are correct, after Voldie hits Harry with the Avada Kevadra he actually destroys the Horcrux within Potter he accidentally created when he tried to kill the boy years ago. This causes Voldermort to collapse, his death eaters help him up and he seems rattled and disturbed. He then asks Narcissa Malfoy to check if Potter is dead. There's no light show, no triumph, just confusion and fear. This is when he steals Dumbledore's wand.
Kudos commenters! :)

Mahj -> RE: HP Trailer Breakdown (2/7/2010 9:43:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

No, Nagini was never in baby Harry's nursery. That's Bathilda Bagshot's house. I'm pretty sure Voldemort didn't even have Nagini back then.

Yeah but doesnt Bathilda Bagshot live in Godrics Hollow where the Potters used to live (really need to re-read the book) and when Harry and Hermione go to see her, they think its her but its actually Nagini wearing her skin (ewwww)? And Nagini attacks them.

nclowe -> RE: Voldemort triumphant (2/7/2010 9:51:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badlan

The commenters are correct, after Voldie hits Harry with the Avada Kevadra he actually destroys the Horcrux within Potter he accidentally created when he tried to kill the boy years ago. This causes Voldermort to collapse, his death eaters help him up and he seems rattled and disturbed. He then asks Narcissa Malfoy to check if Potter is dead. There's no light show, no triumph, just confusion and fear. This is when he steals Dumbledore's wand.
Kudos commenters! :)

Voldermort steals Dumbledores wand before he 'kills' Harry. :)

scabo33 -> The Princes tale (2/7/2010 11:10:10 AM)

Looks great! For me i hope they get Snapes story right....it was the highlight of the book and deserves a good scene.
After all he is one of the heroes....

scabo33 -> The Princes tale (2/7/2010 11:36:10 AM)

Looks great! For me i hope they get Snapes story right....it was the highlight of the book and deserves a good scene.
After all he is one of the heroes....

Dciple1 -> Wedding (2/7/2010 2:15:57 PM)

I read a bit further up that this may be a cafe. I agree as the Bill/Fleur wedding should have been in the last film, but i remember distinctly that it was left out completely. So i very much doubt it's the wedding. Also, what's going on with the Burrow? For whatever reason that was burnt down in the last film, they gonna magic it back up? I only hope they can tie up all the loose ends and give the last book the films it deserves. It's looking good but trailers can be decieving.

Alistair -> Potter Trailer Breakdown (2/7/2010 2:17:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scabo33
Looks great! For me I hope they get Snape's story right....it was the highlight of the book and deserves a good scene. After all he is one of the heroes....

SPOILERS!

I agree. Snape's story should be tragic and touching if it's done well enough.

It's a loooong wait until we get to see the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort. It's brilliantly written in the book. I love the unfolding of the scene, and I'm very interested to see how they're going to handle the stuff at King's Cross with Dumbledore. It should be the most emotional scene of the entire series.

P.S - I wonder if John Williams is going to return to score the final film...

nclowe -> RE: Wedding (2/7/2010 2:25:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dciple1

I read a bit further up that this may be a cafe. I agree as the Bill/Fleur wedding should have been in the last film, but i remember distinctly that it was left out completely. So i very much doubt it's the wedding. Also, what's going on with the Burrow? For whatever reason that was burnt down in the last film, they gonna magic it back up? I only hope they can tie up all the loose ends and give the last book the films it deserves. It's looking good but trailers can be decieving.

Just finished re-reading HP:TDH. The Bill/Fleur wedding occurs at the begging of Deathly Hallows, after harry escapes from the death eaters at his house but before they go on the run (they go on the run from the wedding when they ehar the ministry has fallen). Not sure what the wedding will look like as the Burrow did oddly burn down last film, but have seen some clips of them filming the guests dancing on the special features of the last dvd so I know they definately filmed it.

lazygarfield -> One mistake you made, Helen (2/7/2010 5:42:43 PM)

On Slide 16, ie, "After The Wedding, On The Run", you say that it'll be in Part II. It's most probably a typo since even your description implies that it is in Part 1. You might wanna change that.

Whatever! -> (2/7/2010 7:22:32 PM)

Yeah, agreed with all who think 14 is more Voldy taking the Elder wand. Slide 7 aswell seems less like Godric Hollow since that scene should have snow as it's christmas eve. And we've seen clips on the HBP bonus DVD of Harry and Hermione in a snow covered graveyard.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: HP Trailer Breakdown (2/7/2010 8:54:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

Yeah but doesnt Bathilda Bagshot live in Godrics Hollow where the Potters used to live (really need to re-read the book) and when Harry and Hermione go to see her, they think its her but its actually Nagini wearing her skin (ewwww)? And Nagini attacks them.

Yes she does live nearby, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. They don't go into Harry's old house while they're in Godric's Hollow, they just go to look at the ruin of it. That's when Nagini/Bathilda finds them. But she takes them back to Bathilda's house first.

abcdemma -> (2/7/2010 9:42:40 PM)

Loving the whole breakdown thing! But I pictured the Nagini scene (17) to be a lot darker, i.e. not in a children's play room, since it's in Bathilda's old house...And I agree with everyone else about #14... you can see DD's tomb (sniff)

Alistair -> RE: (2/7/2010 10:25:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: abcdemma
I pictured the Nagini scene (17) to be a lot darker, i.e. not in a children's play room, since it's in Bathilda's old house.

I thought the same thing. I pictured every room in the house as being very dark, with the only light coming from the street lights, with gentle snow falling outside the window. Perhaps the odd dark lamp here or there inside the house.

I hope they don't play down the scary aspect of this whole unsettling scene. I remember being very tired when I read that part of the book (it was about 2am!) but I just couldn't put it down because I was on the edge of my seat. Scary stuff.

sarahenty -> Part II? (2/7/2010 11:38:01 PM)

Sure this would be part one! This is just when they start to go on the run, clearly part I
Silly Empire.

runkelcorey -> Part I (3/7/2010 5:43:39 PM)

This was almost at the very beginning! (Slide 16)

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI