Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (20/6/2010 11:03:18 PM)

Post your comments on this article

scabo33 -> Fringers crossed (20/6/2010 11:03:18 PM)

Perfect Choice. The only director who can out run Jackson! :)

wgfuzzydunlop1 -> Loved District 9, as for The Hobbit... (21/6/2010 3:02:17 AM)

...I DON'T FUCKING CARE !!!! Dead horse flogged...

monkeyhumour -> I'm siding with scabo33 (21/6/2010 7:42:31 AM)

GO Neil!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyhumour -> I'm siding with scabo33 (21/6/2010 7:42:34 AM)

GO Neil!!!!!!!!!!

BOHEMIANBOB -> RE: I'm siding with scabo33 (21/6/2010 8:59:29 AM)

Would be an interesting choice,would he cut the mustard with a huge budget though?
Also,i think this franchise is passed its sell-by date.

7eke -> nice (21/6/2010 10:13:06 AM)

anyone has gotta be better than David Yates, at least they're going in the right direction

adambatman82 -> RE: Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (21/6/2010 12:39:37 PM)

While I like the idea of Blomkamp tackling the film, I can't help but think I'd rather see him do some more original work. I had the same feelings with Del Toro, in that I would rather see them work on their own material than commit to LOTR for 5 years. 5 Years is a massive chunk of time out of the career of someone like Blomkamp, it seems a shame for him to commit so much time to something like this. Saying that, I'm sure it would be amazing.

shool -> RE: Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (21/6/2010 12:52:05 PM)

I'd be happy with Blomkamp. I'd be even happier with Jackson though.

I'm impatient though. I want this to happen sooner. [:(]

bradthunder -> What worries me... (21/6/2010 12:55:57 PM)

...is that LOTR was such an exquisite masterpiece because everything worked from the get go. It was a well oiled machine where I'm guessing even Weta's cleaning ladies were as enthusiastic about the project as Jackson and his production team were. Films that start in this troubled fashion often (but not always) reflect these troubled waters in the finished product. Let's just hope Mr J has his shit wired tight and his powder dry on this one and no, I don't really know what that means other than I hope this will prove to be the exception and sail into the harbour on calm seas. Or something.

sephiroth7 -> (21/6/2010 2:26:20 PM)

Better option than del Toro. Hope it happens.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: What worries me... (21/6/2010 2:28:36 PM)

No, no, no, no.

Blomkamp should be making his mid budget sci-fi movies.

Can someone ask Peter Weir or Vincent Ward to step in!?!?

That, said Copley should totally get a role in the Hobbit.

Rhubarb -> RE: Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (21/6/2010 6:29:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

While I like the idea of Blomkamp tackling the film, I can't help but think I'd rather see him do some more original work. I had the same feelings with Del Toro, in that I would rather see them work on their own material than commit to LOTR for 5 years. 5 Years is a massive chunk of time out of the career of someone like Blomkamp, it seems a shame for him to commit so much time to something like this. Saying that, I'm sure it would be amazing.

Exactly, whoever makes The Hobbit is likely going to have whatever vision of their own they have hamstrung but the fact that they will essentially be making PJ's vision. Why waste a Blomkamp or Del Toro on that?

Deviation -> RE: Blomkamp Back In The Hobbit Rumour Mix (21/6/2010 8:17:12 PM)

David Yates then?

HighwayJoe -> Lost in Osgilliath (26/6/2010 2:58:48 PM)

At this point, they could make a movie out of how this movie might never get made a la 'Lost in La Mancha.'

Personally, I wanted Del Toro to direct this. But Blomkamp did a good job with D9, and his not being tested on a big-budget epic puts him pretty much in the same place as Jackson back in the pre-LotR: FotR days, when the one movie I really knew him for was the creepy 'Heavenly Creatures.'

I'd wish Blomkamp luck, but (1) I doubt he'd read this comment [natch] and (2) At this point I seriously doubt this movie will see the light of day any time soon, regardless of who's directing. The more I read about delays and director switches and budgets the more I think of doomed, massive projects like 'Heaven's Gate' and 'Waterworld.'

It'll be a massive pity if after all this circus the finished movie is not worth the dirt on the bottom of a Orc's boot.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI