RE: Kinect 129.99? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

HIM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:25:26 PM)

Eurogamer article just in case a certain black and white bear doesn't believe your Facebook story:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/microsoft-confirms-kinect-price

[;)][:D][:)]

borstal -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:30:12 PM)

Fact.

If theres anything sure in life its that if there is anything even leaning towards negative announced anout 360 or Man Utd HIM will quickly be posting about it.

SWOTBM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:30:34 PM)

quote:

All first party Kinect games will retail for 39.99.

Ouch

HIM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:32:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Fact.

If there's anything sure in life its that if there is anything even leaning towards negative announced about 360 or Man Utd HIM will quickly be posting about it.

And iPhone! [:D]

In all seriousness will you still be buying on release or will you wait for a price drop? I know I've been vocal about my negative opinions on Kinect but I feel completely justified in this, plus I'm not alone.

borstal -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:43:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Fact.

If there's anything sure in life its that if there is anything even leaning towards negative announced about 360 or Man Utd HIM will quickly be posting about it.

And iPhone! [:D]

In all seriousness will you still be buying on release or will you wait for a price drop? I know I've been vocal about my negative opinions on Kinect but I feel completely justified in this, plus I'm not alone.

Im not sure. As it would be mainly for the 2 boys and Mrs B I'll wait until theres a clearer picture of how it works and what it will do.

Now piss off back to your shitty football team, crap games console and....err.....phone (I know pretty much NOTHING about mobiles)

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 6:51:25 PM)

quote:

Eurogamer article just in case a certain black and white bear doesn't believe your Facebook story:

Surely you mean cloven hooved disc jockey?

[:D]

As for the price, I doubt I'd be tempted to buy it at 30 let alone 130.

Dark Knight -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 8:42:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Eurogamer article just in case a certain black and white bear doesn't believe your Facebook story:

Surely you mean cloven hooved disc jockey?

[:D]

As for the price, I doubt I'd be tempted to buy it at 30 let alone 130.

Ditto.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 10:40:07 PM)

[image]http://jbd2010.co.uk/jbd2010b/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/duncanDM1603_468x385.jpg[/image]

I'm out.

kata -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 10:53:23 PM)

[image]http://img.youtube.com/vi/jdB4lYs-Ucs/0.jpg[/image]

I'm out.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (20/7/2010 11:05:43 PM)

And with that, my interest has waned until the price drop.  40 quid per game? On top of the 130 nicker for the kit?  I've better things to spend my money on, cheers.

DJ Satan -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (21/7/2010 12:43:24 AM)

I'm still going to get it.

Current games are 50-55. When was the last time you spent that much on a game?

HIM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (21/7/2010 10:52:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Current games are 50-55. When was the last time you spent that much on a game?

Say what? [&:]

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (21/7/2010 11:00:30 AM)

Our satanic friend is talking about RRP, but the same scenario that applies to software doesn't apply to hardware. Games you can find cheaper because the mark ups are bigger, but cost difference between the cost to the retailer of buying in consoles and the price they sell them for is so small there's very little leeway in terms of reducing the price for customers. You might be able to find it 5 cheaper at shopto at best.

Normally accessories come with quite high mark ups, but I feel that Kinect is less accessory and more hardware due to the cost of manufacturing it.

Scabby -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (21/7/2010 2:21:24 PM)

Well, that's a bit shit isn't it? I actually think it may bomb big style!

sroey -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (22/7/2010 12:30:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scabby

Well, that's a bit shit isn't it? I actually think it may bomb big style!

It is actually a bit shit...I have one on pre-order with Game and I was hoping it would be 99. I really do want one but Microsoft seem intent on making that difficult for me...

wavy74 -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (23/7/2010 11:30:44 PM)

If no one preorders the price WILL drop.

gunstar -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (24/7/2010 10:11:00 AM)

130 quid? Isn't that kind of bordering on the ridiculous?

HIM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (24/7/2010 11:18:01 AM)

An article on the pricing of Kinect:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/conflicting-goals-article?page=1

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (24/7/2010 7:22:02 PM)

I won't be getting it until it's at least 60 (if that ever happens) I hardly play on my 360 as it is. 130 is just ridiculous.

Diggler -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (24/7/2010 8:05:19 PM)

130 is a bit steep as it's almost the price of the console, but I know I will be buying it the moment it's released..

sroey -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (27/7/2010 10:34:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler

130 is a bit steep as it's almost the price of the console, but I know I will be buying it the moment it's released..

This!

I love new toys!

kata -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (28/7/2010 6:19:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Microsoft PR babble
"I'll let you do the maths but when you say Nintendo Wii or PlayStation Move you buy this and this, even for a two player games. "What do you need and what do actually have to spend for a two player game for this device versus that device. You actually find that [Kinect] is very competitively priced.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-defends-kinect-pricing-706290?src=rss&attr=newsall

It's indefensible imo... is that a word?

borstal -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (30/7/2010 1:45:54 PM)

IGN article on KINECT

sroey -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (30/7/2010 2:17:17 PM)

I read that earlier - doesnt look good from reading that. Although the CVG opinion article was very positive - saying there was no lag evident at all.

This one seems to be dividing everyone!

ongbakdan -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (2/8/2010 11:49:18 AM)

I had a go on this yesterday at Alton Towers. The tech is pretty good but you do feel a bit of a nob waving your hands around in the air. (worse that there is loads of people watching!)
I'm not sure how it would really work for serious games, but I think it could be a laugh for party games like the one I tried.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (2/8/2010 11:56:41 AM)

What disappoints me is all the games they've shown so far don't look like they take advantage of the technology they apparently have under the hood. There's no particular measurement of depth or what not, at least not in an obvious way and there's very little that really separates the games on show from the guff we used to see on the Eye Toy.

Funnily though it seems to be a similar fate (albeit it in a different way) that Move is suffering from. The crowd are seeing it as either a) a Wii clone or B) another gimmicky add on like EyeToy or the Buzzers that will rarely get used, but will be fun for a while.

Sony need to step up their marketing for Move and really show what it is and how much they're going to use it, and MS need to pull their finger out and stop producing crap for launch titles and release something that shows this tech is worth owning.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (2/8/2010 1:28:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

What disappoints me is all the games they've shown so far don't look like they take advantage of the technology they apparently have under the hood. There's no particular measurement of depth or what not, at least not in an obvious way and there's very little that really separates the games on show from the guff we used to see on the Eye Toy.

Funnily though it seems to be a similar fate (albeit it in a different way) that Move is suffering from. The crowd are seeing it as either a) a Wii clone or B) another gimmicky add on like EyeToy or the Buzzers that will rarely get used, but will be fun for a while.

Sony need to step up their marketing for Move and really show what it is and how much they're going to use it, and MS need to pull their finger out and stop producing crap for launch titles and release something that shows this tech is worth owning.

That's a big ask.

The minute they achieve that I may become interested though.

HIM -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (5/8/2010 1:34:42 PM)

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Microsoft may be using Kinect in a similar way to what Sony did with the PSP Go i.e. using it as a temporary shot in the arm but not really expecting great things from it. A sort of loss leader to test the waters before using a fully integrated version for the next generation. Obviously neither company want their respective products to fail, but if they're a success then great but if not, it's not the end of the world and they'll have learned a lot for the fully digital PSP2 and the Kinect integrated Xbox 720.

Xanxiani -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (5/8/2010 1:54:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

That's a big ask.

The minute they achieve that I may become interested though.

I'm much more interested in how it ends up interacting with Fable 3 (as rumoured) rather than the launch titles. If it genuinely improves the experience of a traditional game in some new way it could still be worth it,

sroey -> RE: Kinect 129.99? (5/8/2010 1:58:45 PM)

I got that impression from something I read too HIM - cant remember where though (spooky coincidence? or crazy subliminal messaging)

I think MS will be more interested in shifting the Xbox + Kinect bundle than the standalone unit...it is aimed at the casual audience afterall - and not the usual hardcore mob - so they will want to shift it with an xbox!

Kind of makes sense. Love em or hate em I think both the Kinect and Move will sell really well.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI