New Jonah Hex Posters Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Jonah Hex Posters Online (17/5/2010 1:23:19 PM)

Post your comments on this article

nortonglr -> Living up to the below par expectations...... (17/5/2010 1:23:19 PM)

The posters are amateur photoshop efforts at best, the mish mash of Old West and futuristic letter type and background- a total eye sore. The trailer looks poor enough-these efforts are not going to get bums on seats. At least the God-awful "Blueberry" had some good posters to its name!

Boydcape -> No innovation (17/5/2010 1:38:18 PM)

WHy are all these posters so cliche and bland. Their like a worst version of teh Harry Potter posters.

INNOVATION PLASE!

Kazuya -> RE: New Jonah Hex Posters Online (17/5/2010 1:57:04 PM)

Not impressive, to say the least. Fassbender looks cool though, even though almost unrecognizable.

Kurtis93 -> Old Old West (17/5/2010 3:07:10 PM)

I agree the posters are old, not original whatsoever, Megan Fox may be a pretty face but her acting skills are far from great. I'm little excited for this film, but I can see it being a critical failure, Empire giving it only 2 or 3 stars, plus it better be a 15 certificate otherwise a waste of time, on kiddie crap.

theGRAYPOPE -> a change of pants (17/5/2010 5:24:58 PM)

a bit clichéd if you ask me, but that last one is pretty nice

Rossi87 -> hmmm... (17/5/2010 5:58:37 PM)

I really want this film to be great but judging by the trailers i dont think it will be. The only selling point to this flic is he mighty Fassbender.....................and yes the Fox too.

Can anyone say legion?.....i hoped to be proven wrong.....

sanchia -> RE: hmmm... (17/5/2010 6:29:56 PM)

Get a generic template, slap on a picture and a bit of writing and what do you get. Jonah Hex posters. What happened to the days when you wanted to own the posters for a film. Even dodgy films like The Shadow had decent, well thoughts out posters. I get the feeling the studio realises they have a lemon on their hands so are spending as little money on it as possible.

deheor -> Ugh. (18/5/2010 10:46:46 AM)

I guess after so long with nothing we should be grateful that the studio is trying to raise interest in this flick but these posters are too little, too late. These kind of things have been done to death and there is nothing in them that makes them stand out from the next Harry Potter promos.

andysmith20 -> ugh is right (18/5/2010 9:21:02 PM)

this could not look any more bland. has box office bomb all over it.

-http://allthingsvaliant.blogspot.com/-

Ryan741 -> megan fox (19/5/2010 11:27:05 PM)

she has been punted from transformers 3

leroythemasochist -> Totally agree with Sanchia (20/5/2010 10:40:54 AM)

Posters were once pieces of art. Now they are just bits of old crap you could knock up on your PC in about half an hour.
As a (very small time) collector you just have to look at the quality of something like Thunderball or even the original Star Wars or Vertigo or any number of stunning paintings that were designed for movies and then compare them to today's crap and you'll see the difference.
George Lucas really kicked his own saga in the teeth when he just went for photoshop bilge instead of the amazing painted posters from the 70s and 80s.
Bring back the care and attention please studios - IT DOES MATTER

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.179688E-02