RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

elab49 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (8/10/2010 12:35:27 AM)

Sanchia's thread and a couple of others already house the - can't you handle some simple ad code-  complaints. It's awful, innit? [>:]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (8/10/2010 1:08:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: foz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

ORIGINAL: foz

Does the current PS3 background ad that takes you to the Sony Youtube Channel when you try to post a reply to anything or negotiate to another part of the forum (as it turns a couple of inches of page borders, including your navigation buttons, into a link to their site) count as spam?  Because it's really bloody annoying.

Completely agree, its really fucking annoying. Whenever the PS3 ad is there you cant click on any links at the top of the forum! [:@]

Argh it's doing it again!
Try to click on a topic, it takes you to a PS3 ad.  Try to go elsewhere on the forum, it takes you to a PS3 ad.  At least with the other spammers listed in this thread, you have a choice about whether or not you click on their links... [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

It's bloody annoying. I can't click on anything when that ad is up there, it's as if there's an invisible 2 inch border on either side of the screen. All the forum headings are affected by it pretty much, as well as the "go to latest post" buttons.

foz -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (8/10/2010 10:25:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Sanchia's thread and a couple of others already house the - can't you handle some simple ad code-  complaints. It's awful, innit? [>:]

Sorry, didn't see those ones

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (9/10/2010 4:13:21 PM)

The Snyder Superman thread in Movie News: "Attack of the pointless advertising" again !

elab49 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (9/10/2010 4:49:50 PM)

Ta, Keyser - all now gone.

I think we're getting near the stage of suggesting people just don't bother posting in Movie News - find the relevant Future Films thread and just use that instead [&:]

Scruffybobby -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (10/10/2010 1:22:49 PM)

Movie News - Michelle Williams as Mariyln thread.

elab49 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (10/10/2010 1:28:11 PM)

Cheers Scruffy [:)]

superdan -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (11/10/2010 3:37:42 PM)

The MArtin Freeman hobbit thread in Movie News has been infected [:)]

Hobbitonlass -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (11/10/2010 3:45:08 PM)

Cheers SuperD! Got 'em

hellsangel66 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (18/10/2010 7:28:42 PM)

Movie News...Paul Teaser online thread. spam post for online shopping (user name qinni31)

sharkboy -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (19/10/2010 9:03:06 AM)

Thanks ha66 - he's one of our more persistent pains in the arse! [:D]

Gram123 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (21/10/2010 4:28:52 PM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2890354

Scruffybobby -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (23/10/2010 11:44:00 AM)

Spielberg Robopocalypse thread in movie news has been infiltrated.

oui3d -> RE: Spam alert (25/10/2010 4:10:49 AM)

New sign up Albertioti in filmmakers Workshop, either a moron or a spammer. Posted a random set of links.
Defo a dodgy link in amongst. clicktouk.

paul.mccluskey -> RE: Spam alert (26/10/2010 12:41:30 PM)

Dodgy spammer in Battle Royale thread in DVD Discussion [:@]!

Sledge Hammer -> RE: Spam alert (28/10/2010 10:05:02 AM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2900695&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#2900695

in off topic at the moment.

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Spam alert (28/10/2010 10:09:25 AM)

Ta! [sm=happy34.gif]

Chief Wiggum -> RE: Spam alert (28/10/2010 5:19:17 PM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2901356

handbags are not news and/or hot topics - even at their low low prices[:D]

in fact all of allenjackking's posts seem to be pretty much spam

hellsangel66 -> RE: Spam alert (28/10/2010 8:05:46 PM)

Allenjackking has also put his spam post as a topic in Movie Musings too...he also seems to be replying to himself...

waltham1979 -> RE: Spam alert (29/10/2010 8:53:54 AM)

I know this is slightly off topic BUT for some reason my posts are being deleated off the forum; they are not offensive or anything but I wondered if they are being caught up in the whole getting rid of spam posts thing?!?! Little help??

elab49 -> RE: Spam alert (29/10/2010 9:04:42 AM)

If you look a few threads down you'll see we've said that's exactly what is happening.

To avoid as best as possible DON'T post from the main site but post in the forum, and don't post in reply to a spammer.

Right now I'd suggest just not posting in Movie News at all tbh - the lack of interest might help us get some functionality changes [:D]

waltham1979 -> RE: Spam alert (29/10/2010 9:07:49 AM)

Ahhhh I see!! :) Cheers!!

Sad Professor -> RE: Spam alert (2/11/2010 9:15:42 PM)

I got this from Your Funny Uncle

Hi,

As some of you are probably aware there is currently a poll running in the Small Screen area of the Empire Forums. This will determine our beloved forums Top 100 TV Show Characters Of All Time. The thread can be found here:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2853333

Please find time to vote, a poll with more votes will generate more accurate results.

The rules for the poll are in the opening post and it would be greatly appriciated if these were followed. Closing date is the end of December so you've still got plenty of time to think about who you'd like to vote for!

If you have already voted or have chosen not to partake then apologies for this PM as I have sent it out to the masses.

Thank You all for your time!

I'm looking forward to finding out the results!

Regards

YFU

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Spam alert (3/11/2010 11:36:41 AM)

HEY! [:(]

Felix -> RE: Spam alert (3/11/2010 6:31:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sad Professor

I got this from Your Funny Uncle

Hi,

As some of you are probably aware there is currently a poll running in the Small Screen area of the Empire Forums. This will determine our beloved forums Top 100 TV Show Characters Of All Time. The thread can be found here:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2853333

Please find time to vote, a poll with more votes will generate more accurate results.

The rules for the poll are in the opening post and it would be greatly appriciated if these were followed. Closing date is the end of December so you've still got plenty of time to think about who you'd like to vote for!

If you have already voted or have chosen not to partake then apologies for this PM as I have sent it out to the masses.

Thank You all for your time!

I'm looking forward to finding out the results!

Regards

YFU

That is obviously not spam. [8|]

ddelargy -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (3/11/2010 9:07:45 PM)

I have probably been labelled as a 'spammer' for my first post.
Again, I want to apologise for breaking the rule. Unsure of which one I broke (probably advertising, although I wasn't trying to advertise), but would still like to apologise for it.

Um, is it OK if I ask for help/views? Such as where I could actually post my questionnaire for my CW?

If I'm not, I'll shut up on the academic stuff right now.

I'd like to thank elab49 for pointing it out to me before I got into too much trouble.

Felix -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (3/11/2010 9:16:20 PM)

Sorry, you cant post it anywhere, we dont allow homework threads on here.

ddelargy -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (3/11/2010 9:21:01 PM)

Right, thanks for that.

Hmm...so if 'homework' is banned here, I guess it must be banned on other film magazines sites too. That's a pain, but no one said coursework would be a walk in the park.

Q: Does anyone know a site where it would be possible to do this? Where questionnaires have been posted before without trouble?

elab49 -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (3/11/2010 9:45:46 PM)

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2854638

The rule has its own thread.

You could try other sites, just have a look at their rules first. You might get lucky.

Scruffybobby -> RE: SPAM ALERT - URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS (4/11/2010 4:28:38 PM)

In the "Sucker Punch" trailer thread in Movie News - spammer called xiaocui77

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI