Justified - UK Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

MI Cruise -> Justified - UK Speed (5/5/2010 7:49:05 PM)

[image]http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/justified-poster-600x288.jpg[/image]

This is coming tonight on FIVEUSA at 10pm

indysgill -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (5/5/2010 8:48:00 PM)

I got ready to record on Virgin.

Supposed to be quite good.

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (5/5/2010 11:17:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I got ready to record on Virgin.

Supposed to be quite good.

Yeah I sky+ed it I heard good things as well but Im currently watching quite a few shows so when a few of them finish at the end of the month then I'll start this.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (5/5/2010 11:32:28 PM)

Watched it, it's not bad at all but nothing amazing.

mafyou -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (5/5/2010 11:37:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Yeah I sky+ed it I heard good things as well but Im currently watching quite a few shows so when a few of them finish at the end of the month then I'll start this.

Tell me about it! I've got TV overload going on right now. Nevertheless, I still watched the first episode, if only to gauge whether it would be worth a purchase if I lost track of it on FiveUSA. Gotta say though, I really enjoyed it. I think Olyphant looking that cool could keep me interested for hours.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 1:39:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafyou

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

Tell me about it! I've got TV overload going on right now.

Tell me about it as well. This week alone - Justified, CSI, CSI:NY, Law and Order, FlashForward, The Good Wife, The Prisoner, St Elsewhere, Trauma, Ashe to Ashes, The Mentalist, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Burn Notice, Desperate Housewives, Vampire Diaries, Warehouse 13, Ghost Whisperer, Medium, Dollhouse, Criminal MInds, NCIS and Luther! Plus I haven't even started the latest seasons of Mad Men and Damages [:D]

The Hooded Man -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 12:17:07 PM)

Ghost Whisperer, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Gimli are you a girl?

spark1 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 2:09:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Ghost Whisperer, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Gimli are you a girl?

'glee' get a pass.

am instantly smitten with 'justified' just for shane from 'the shield' as baddie and given's peter tosh joke alone.

given's collegues can look after themselves too.

another chance to see friday and saturday nite on 5USA.

CORLEONE -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 3:55:14 PM)

Bloody hell, completely missed this. Will catch the repeat. Olyphant's ace.

Nezzley -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 4:20:00 PM)

Pretty good pilot, it was a bit so-so to start off with then really came in to it's own when Shane from The Shield showed up, i'm not sure if the're gonna have villains as entertaining as he was each week but i hope it keeps suprising me like it did in this first episode.

I really like the idea of a show about a small town sheriff taking down the bad guys. has an old western feel to it and i'd dig that as i never caught Deadwood or any other western show when it was on.

Always liked Olyphant too, shame he hasn't been back on Damages so far this season.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 4:23:13 PM)

Olyphant's a good actor and deserves a showcase, he's had better luck with TV and Deadwood in particular than his big screen choices of Why Hard IV and (S)Hitman.

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (6/5/2010 5:49:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Olyphant's a good actor and deserves a showcase, he's had better luck with TV and Deadwood in particular than his big screen choices of Why Hard IV and (S)Hitman.

that's actually coming on channel 4 this weekend, I might watch it even though I know it's gonna be rubbish.

spark1 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (13/5/2010 2:39:29 PM)

this show captures the leneord vibe from films like 'get shorty' and 'out of sight'-good guys with issues chasing dopey but lethal baddies.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (13/5/2010 3:52:22 PM)

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.  There's something missing but I'll check out episode 2 (for the actors) and see if it improves...

Blunderbuss -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (14/5/2010 9:59:23 AM)

I'm enjoying this so far.  Olyphant is a great lead and I'm liking the whole vibe of show.  Each ep really does feel like a little distilled shot of Elmore Leonard (I'm thinking of the literary Leonard, not a Tarantino-style adaptation like Jackie Brown).  The interaction between the characters is the key, and they pull that element off superbly

spark1 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (27/5/2010 3:00:12 PM)

u just don't mess with givens. simples.

Ethanial -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (27/5/2010 5:26:32 PM)

Just to warn you guys, it's a bit criminal of the week for about 8 episodes, then a story arc really implements itself. That said, the criminal of the week stuff is done oh so well.

Blunderbuss -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (28/5/2010 10:18:21 AM)

Caught up with the latest ep.  Still maintaining the quality levels IMO.  Givens remains a great character, the stories are nicely unpredictable (I really couldn't predict whether Givens would get his man or not this time around) and I'm liking the slow burn nature of the background story-arc and character development.

mafyou -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (30/5/2010 12:03:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

Just to warn you guys, it's a bit criminal of the week for about 8 episodes, then a story arc really implements itself. That said, the criminal of the week stuff is done oh so well.

I love this show so much as it is, it doesn't even need a story arc! This news you bring gives me great joy. [:)]

Also, I think that Olyphant may just be the coolest chap on TV.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (30/5/2010 2:39:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mafyou

Also, I think that Olyphant may just be the coolest chap on TV.

He's certainly better in his TV roles than most of his films. Maybe the western brings the best out in him.

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (2/6/2010 3:12:55 PM)

I unfortunately had to delete the episodes I had recorded of this show to make space on my Sky Planner, luckily Demand Five have the first 4 episodes available to watch so I can quickly catch up.

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (2/6/2010 8:31:34 PM)

Just watched the first episode off Demand Five and I was happy to find that it was as good as everyone said, from the opening in Miami all the way to the end with his conversation with Natalie Zea, hope it gets better still as the episodes progress.

Lang -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 11:32:28 AM)

I'm liking this very much but that's mainly down to Timothy Olyphant who is superb! Just a shame Ian McShane doesn't play his Dad[:D]

iestyn500 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 11:54:00 AM)

i think the show is alright, but i get bored of programmes, that do not have a proper story arc, like csi, so i they do have a good story arc i might get back into it

Badgers -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 11:57:21 AM)

I'm enjoying this, although feel they had a bit of a hard-on for the whole quick draw gun scenario for the first few episodes

spark1 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 2:56:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: iestyn500

i think the show is alright, but i get bored of programmes, that do not have a proper story arc, like csi, so i they do have a good story arc i might get back into it

looks like ava shooting boyd's bro will have reprecussions....

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 5:08:41 PM)

just watched the second episode and it wasnt as good as the first but it had its moments.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (3/6/2010 11:00:27 PM)

MI Cruise, always one for the in depth analysis [:D]

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (4/6/2010 3:51:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

MI Cruise, always one for the in depth analysis [:D]

I try my best[:D]

MI Cruise -> RE: Justified - UK Speed (4/6/2010 6:51:44 PM)

I've watched the first 4 episodes now and Im up to date for the 5th episode which is repeating tonight at 11pm, the 3rd and 4th episodes were interesting although I would like to see Natalie Zea more who plays Winona there is obviously gonna be a bigger role for her somewhere, it's been mentioned above somewhere that a proper story arc develops after 8 episodes so will be looking forward to seeing what that is, although the criminal of the week stuff isnt that bad with the dentist in the 4th episode being quite good and funny thanks to the dentists secretary Mindy and it had more of a western feel what with the shootout at the end and with the 2 hitmen.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI