Fallout: New Vegas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Rod Hull -> Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 12:28:42 PM)

IGN have got a nice and extensive preview of the next Fallout chapter here. It seems to be a full game a la Vice City rather than a simple expansion. Obsidian are at the reigns which considering they're made up of the remnants of series originators Black Isle this can only be a good thing, non? Plus the return of the Nightins which used to freak me out big time in the first two installments.

[image]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/108/1086462/fallout-new-vegas-20100428000449405_640w.jpg[/image]

Dark Knight -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 5:08:27 PM)

Great preview but it has had the effect of seriously raising my expectations of this. I have had this on pre-order for a while but this has just confirmed it.

Pratt82 -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 8:58:45 PM)

So this isn't DLC like 'The Pitt, Borken Steel' etc? It's a complete game on it's own?

Does it somehow carry on from the original or any of the DLC in anyway?

From_Hell -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 9:34:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

So this isn't DLC like 'The Pitt, Borken Steel' etc? It's a complete game on it's own?

Does it somehow carry on from the original or any of the DLC in anyway?

You are correct sir, it's a complete game on it's own and it's not DLC. It's a new storyline, set a few years after the events of F3 and I don't think it carries on from the end of F3.

Super Hans -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 9:45:37 PM)

Sounds good to me! I never played any of the download content but I had a great time playing Fallout 3, so a new full game sounds like fun! I read a 'breaking news' type article in a magazine ages ago about the New Vegas game, hope it's as much fun as the last one!

KnightofZyryab -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/5/2010 11:26:38 PM)

Brilliant - I thought it was just a DLC type expansion but that's made this an absolute pre-order.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (2/5/2010 2:25:46 AM)

Really looking forward to this, anyone got an idea when it's likely to hit the shelves?

Noshbox -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/5/2010 6:38:55 PM)

Mint! I love Fallout, sounds pretty sweet.

Hardcore mode eh...
"This new level of difficulty being added for Fallout: New Vegas is for anybody that loves a challenge. It may as well be called Realism Mode. Everything has weight, even ammunition. You'll have to eat food and drink water regularly to stay alive. Stimpacks won't heal instantly, so you won't be able to spam them in the midst of a fight. And if you break a bone, you'll need a doctor and some bed rest to heal it."

Shit the bed, not sure I'd have the patience for that.

kata -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/5/2010 6:47:54 PM)

I'll be having a whiff of this like a wine connoisseur.  VATS seriously kicked arse.  Played Fallout 3 on PC but will definitely be picking this up on the XBox.    Might even pick up F3 cheap and play through that just before this comes out.

From_Hell -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/5/2010 9:14:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noshbox

Mint! I love Fallout, sounds pretty sweet.

Hardcore mode eh...
"This new level of difficulty being added for Fallout: New Vegas is for anybody that loves a challenge. It may as well be called Realism Mode. Everything has weight, even ammunition. You'll have to eat food and drink water regularly to stay alive. Stimpacks won't heal instantly, so you won't be able to spam them in the midst of a fight. And if you break a bone, you'll need a doctor and some bed rest to heal it."

Shit the bed, not sure I'd have the patience for that.

Sounds very intriguing..... but could turn out to be a royal pain in the ass!

directorscut -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/5/2010 9:15:41 PM)

The one thing I hope they improve are the companions.  Give them personalities, relationships, stories and quests and aren't just loot holders.

Rod Hull -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (10/5/2010 4:12:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The one thing I hope they improve are the companions.  Give them personalities, relationships, stories and quests and aren't just loot holders.

Bring back Fawkes! I missed him on all the DLC quests.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (21/8/2010 8:53:06 AM)

Here's a link to its profile on Amazon, which has the features list and a couple of trailers - the E3 one in particular is a cracker.

clicky

Roll on the 22nd October![:)]

the anomaly -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (21/8/2010 9:04:17 AM)

I LOVED the last game. I completed pretty much every side mission, discovered every location and completed all the DLC ... but that's the problem. I've had my fill of Fallout. This look's great. But I don't think I'll the time for a Falout 3.5. Well no where near the amount of time I had for the last one. I may just end up waiting for the next big leap, a Fallout 4 prehaps?

This looks like a lot of fun though.

Olaf -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (23/8/2010 11:33:02 PM)

having only bought an Xbox at the start of the summer, I was catching up with a couple of games until F3 took over my life (just finished it yesterday after doing all the side quests and that). This is pretty much a mustbuy for me along with Fifa 11.

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (24/8/2010 2:17:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

This is pretty much a mustbuy for me along with Fifa 11.

I second that....[:)]

Rob -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (6/9/2010 5:03:53 PM)

I really want this but not sure whether to get it straight away or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. Does anyone know how big it is in comparison to Fallout 3?

From_Hell -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/10/2010 5:40:07 PM)

Nice shiny new trailer.....

http://uk.gamespot.com/showcases/fallout-new-vegas?sid=6279220/?set_ad_region=uk

Pratt82 -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (1/10/2010 6:45:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Bring back Fawkes! I missed him on all the DLC quests.

When I first read this about a person called Fawkes I didn't know who you meant.....but hell yeah, this Mutant rules! Helped me out alot on some mission, especially with his Gatling Laser. [:D]

Fallout: New Vegas looks great but I think I will wait for it to come down in price. I'm abit cheap like that. [:)]

Fluke Skywalker -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (2/10/2010 12:55:43 PM)

Fawkes is great - probably the only character in the whole game I gave a toss about save for the dad. Director's Cut is right, it's weird how such a great (and massive) game actually almost completely lacks decent characters/ interactions. How the hell they got away with that I'll never know.

I probably won't pick this up for a year, I'll wait for the GOTY and a nice big fat guide. One thing I will say is that graphically F.O.N.V doesn't seem to have moved on at all - a bit disappointing in that respect.

juanvasquez -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (2/10/2010 12:59:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker
I probably won't pick this up for a year, I'll wait for the GOTY

Same. I still haven't completed all the DLC from Fallout 3 yet.

MarcE -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (3/10/2010 8:55:59 PM)

I've just pre ordered mine from HMV. Free New California Republic t shirt too! Better fit!

Scott_ -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/10/2010 1:58:05 PM)

I can't believe this is out so soon for some reason I thought it was released late November. Gonna have to get my pre-order in. Not sure if I should go that swanky Game collectors edition or not...

MarcE -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/10/2010 4:37:03 PM)

I decided against the collectors edition. Not a patch on the F3 CE, no Bobblehead for starters!

From_Hell -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (7/10/2010 7:51:32 PM)

Just pre-ordered my standard copy from Shop-To. Screw the collector's editions. The graphic novel sounds interesting, but I'm not paying extra for a load of plastic tat and a making-of DVD that I'll never watch! [;)]

Stevie91 -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (17/10/2010 1:52:48 PM)

cant wait for this to come out, spent way too much time on fallout 3, so in this is half as good i see myself glued to it for a good few days

Qwerty Norris -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (17/10/2010 2:54:07 PM)

Will definitely be getting this as I loved Fallout 3. I'll probably wait til near Christmas time though otherwise the backload of uni work I have to get through before mid December will inevitably get bigger....[&:]

Any external reviews yet? i.e. IGN?

TrendMeUp -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (18/10/2010 9:57:26 AM)

I'm pretty excited. I imagine the graphics haven't moved on because, for a full sequel, the game has come out pretty quickly after Fallout 3, so I doubt they've made many technical upgrades. That's my one concern really. That the game will just be Fallout 3 but in a different setting with some new weapons and suchlike. I really hope not. Same goes for Fable 3.

I've seen no reviews yet, which is odd as I'd imagine it's out in the U.S tomorrow? They'll probably be up later today.

Scott_ -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (18/10/2010 9:24:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TrendMeUp

I'm pretty excited. I imagine the graphics haven't moved on because, for a full sequel, the game has come out pretty quickly after Fallout 3, so I doubt they've made many technical upgrades. That's my one concern really. That the game will just be Fallout 3 but in a different setting with some new weapons and suchlike. I really hope not. Same goes for Fable 3.

I've seen no reviews yet, which is odd as I'd imagine it's out in the U.S tomorrow? They'll probably be up later today.

That wouldn't bother me at all. Fallout 3 is easily my most played game so more of the same would do me just fine.

Anyway, I hope ShopTo decide to ship it off a few days early for me like they did for FIFA. Can't wait to get cracking, I'm just finishing off Fallout 3 for the full gamerscore and then I'll be ready for New Vegas and more murdering innocents while they sleep...I'm nice like that.

sroey -> RE: Fallout: New Vegas (19/10/2010 9:25:41 AM)

I havent even got a quarter of the way through Fallout 3 yet?!?!

Dammit!

I have a few things I need to do before I get stuck into Fallout 3: GOTY edition:

Reach Lt. Colonel rank on Halo Reach
Finish Castlevania: Lord of Shadows!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI