RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/5/2010 5:43:15 PM)

Treyarch: Xbox360 Mag, June addition.

Multiplayer: What we know so far!

Unfortunately, Treyarch isn't talking much about the multiplayer modes in Call of Duty: Black Ops just yet, but studio head Mark Lamia ssuggests they're approaching the package as "three games in one": the campaign, the perk-happy multiplayer mode we all know and love, and a co-op gamertype. Here's what we were able to squeeze out of the team:

Vehicles will return, but "not in the way you remember from WAW".

There will be "dedicated co-op" with seperate levels. Treyarch changed the subject when we asked about WAW hugely popular Nazi Zombies. (Fingers Crossed)

A multiplayer beta's being "considered", Lamia told us with a literal wink.

Treyarch will be improving multiplayer by taking feedback - even going so far as to openly acknowledge the under-the-map glitches that initially plagued WAW.

Changes are being made to the matchmaking to "make it easier for [players] to get into games with their friends".

Multiplayer was up and running so early some campaign levels were actually built from multiplayer maps.

Create-a-Class 2.0 will allow you to customise yourself like never before. This should include kit appearance items as well as perks.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/5/2010 7:22:40 PM)

quote:

Multiplayer was up and running so early some campaign levels were actually built from multiplayer maps.

That doesn't sound good [sm=augen14.gif]

Spektre -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/5/2010 7:27:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

That doesn't sound good [sm=augen14.gif]

Agreed but the rest of it sounds great. I was a big fan of WAW.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/5/2010 11:01:01 AM)

I loved WAW too, I don't mind vehicles been present on multiplayers. I find it's more challenging knowing that vehicles are present and that you can't just dodge a tank shell, if it lands next to you your gonna know about it.

Hopefully you will be able to fly helicopters like the ones in Vietnam as there the type that are in the screenshots in my mag. They look like they make quite a mess of surrounding buildings.[:D]

I wasn't gonna bother with this years but as I've said in a previous posting, everytime I see a new trailer I just know I'm gonna end up getting it! I just can't help myself. Won't get it until Christmas though as I'll have bought Medal of Honour and Ghost Recons new one before hand. Christmas pressie sorted.[:)]

tftrman -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/5/2010 11:11:26 AM)

As good as this is sounding, I'm probably going to give it a miss - all the enjoyment of multiplayer shooters has been drained from me by the nuke boosters on MW2. Unless the single player is really strong, I'll more than likely pass.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/5/2010 11:24:29 AM)

I think it's about time Treyarch/Activision got this sorted and stopped all these glitches, cheats etc. I mean, how the hell do people get millions of points within the 1st week of game release and getting planted solid at the top of the world leaderboard? Is it a cheat code you enter, a glitch, what?

I just don't see the point in cheating, just play the game and enjoy it. Wish the developers would check it from time to time and wipe off the cheating SCUM at the top so us real gamers can get on with it. Even go as far to kick them off the Multiplayer for a month, that would really fook them off. Name and Shame them! lol

Spektre -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/5/2010 11:51:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

I just don't see the point in cheating, just play the game and enjoy it. Wish the developers would check it from time to time and wipe off the cheating SCUM at the top so us real gamers can get on with it. Even go as far to kick them off the Multiplayer for a month, that would really fook them off. Name and Shame them! lol

You know I tend to see a few players who cheat and glitch, and when I check their profile the bio would say something like "back from the ban..under a new name" or something. One guy had "they had to ban me to protect you...but now I'm back".

It's almost like it's a source of pride...like a digital ASBO.

Anyway, I think I am sure to get this COD when it comes out. I just hope there are no kill streak rewards.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/5/2010 5:13:37 PM)

Well it is full of chavs, and they love ASBO's anyway. [:)]

I'll more than likely get this game Spek so we can team up and shoot the shit out of all the Chavs if you like. We'll probably get our Inbox's crammed with abusive messages of how there gonna 'BANG YOU OUT' and 'HAD YOUR MUM LASTNIGHT, SHE'S SHIT' sent to us but they just make me chuckle. [:D]

Chav killing rules! [:D]

AndyT -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (28/5/2010 1:48:15 PM)

quote:

Well it is full of chavs, and they love ASBO's anyway. [:)]

I'll more than likely get this game Spek so we can team up and shoot the shit out of all the Chavs if you like. We'll probably get our Inbox's crammed with abusive messages of how there gonna 'BANG YOU OUT' and 'HAD YOUR MUM LASTNIGHT, SHE'S SHIT' sent to us but they just make me chuckle. [:D]

Chav killing rules! [:D]

In real life too! Wait.....did I just say that? [;)] My Mum's famous on Xbox Live - every other game some gobby little kid has met her. Although she is an incredible woman, so I shouldn't be that surprised.

I enjoyed WaW and am still enjoying MW2 for the most part. There are evening's where glitchers are present in every game I go into, on other nights my mates and I will get a steady run of games and it'll turn out to be one great session.

A few ideas I've seen floating around to improve things could be; keep killstreak but remove the killstreak rewards from contributing to your next reward. E.g. you kill 5 of the opposistion properly, then you kill the next lot with your gun/knife/grenades instead of waiting for the sentry to do it for you! This should keep kill streaks 'genuine' and not over blown with the harriers / choppers etc. Not sure what people think of that?

On another point - In some recent objective games I've had to put up with team mates runnning off into corners with riot shields and waiting for their mates on the other team to come on over and shoot then with their LMG / P90 to boost! They need to stop that shit!

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (28/5/2010 5:50:21 PM)

I can see the point in helping a friend out with a mission where you need 2 people, ie 'the Spec Ops Co-Op Missions' but when it comes to multiplayer, JUST PLAY THE GAME! I have no time for idiots and I take great pleasure in making there gaming life hell.[:D]

MW2 isn't a bad game, it's awesome infact.......it's just the crowd it attracts that I hate.[:@]

HIM -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 9:38:38 AM)

quote:

I wasn't gonna bother with this years but as I've said in a previous posting, everytime I see a new trailer I just know I'm gonna end up getting it! I just can't help myself. Won't get it until Christmas though as I'll have bought Medal of Honour and Ghost Recons new one before hand. Christmas pressie sorted.[:)]

No you won't.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 10:11:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

No you won't.

To expand on what HIM's saying:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ghost-recon-future-soldier-slips-to-an-early-2011-release-1977828.html

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 11:02:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spektre

Anyway, I think I am sure to get this COD when it comes out. I just hope there are no kill streak rewards.

The multiplayer isn't going to change from MW2? Why would it? Activision simply wouldn't allow it. MW2 has made so much money and been their most consistently popular online game that they'd want it to stay the same and be very much the same. And with the new non WWII setting I'm afraid all the idiots who play MW2 and can't see CoD for more than just a name being milked, will be jumping over to this game.

Spektre -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 11:31:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

The multiplayer isn't going to change from MW2? Why would it? Activision simply wouldn't allow it. MW2 has made so much money and been their most consistently popular online game that they'd want it to stay the same and be very much the same. And with the new non WWII setting I'm afraid all the idiots who play MW2 and can't see CoD for more than just a name being milked, will be jumping over to this game.

I think I'm being called an idiot somewhere in there! [sm=893confused27-thumb.gif]

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with. I actually forgot WAW had killstreaks too. As long as there is no nuke then I will probably be happy.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 11:40:44 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

I think I'm being called an idiot somewhere in there! [sm=893confused27-thumb.gif]

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with. I actually forgot WAW had killstreaks too. As long as there is no nuke then I will probably be happy.

No, the idiots are the kids who shouldn't be playing it, the glitchers who surely don't actually enjoy it because they're not really playing it, and the campers who lie under tables at the top of stairs with double shotguns etc.

They ruined the game for me and made it so I no longer enjoyed it.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (30/5/2010 1:51:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

No you won't.

To expand on what HIM's saying:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/ghost-recon-future-soldier-slips-to-an-early-2011-release-1977828.html

Bollocks.......was looking forward to Ghost Recon. Oh well, Medal of Hnour and Black Ops it is then.[:D]

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (7/6/2010 10:34:01 PM)

CoolStar...............the Black Ops thread is here![;)]

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (23/6/2010 3:46:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

You know I tend to see a few players who cheat and glitch, and when I check their profile the bio would say something like "back from the ban..under a new name" or something. One guy had "they had to ban me to protect you...but now I'm back".

It's almost like it's a source of pride...like a digital ASBO.

HAARSAY!

Xbox World 360 Mag:

Multiplayer Director David Vonderhaar has splashed out a few juicy titbits on Black Ops' online modes over at the World At War forums.
Thanks to his loose lips, we know that killstreaks will stack and carry over after death, and that MW2's controversial NUKE killstreak won't be making a return. There'll also be a comprehensive 'Creat-A-Class 2.0' editor that'll let you fiddle with your soldier's appearance.

There you go Spek........[:)]

Spektre -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (23/6/2010 5:11:30 PM)

quote:

killstreaks will stack and carry over after death

Eh? that means it's not a streak then if you die! Not sure about this idea tbh. No Nukes is good though.

*edit* actually on second thoughts, it might stop people hiding in order to get that last kill they need.

target -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (23/6/2010 9:03:33 PM)

So it will be really easy to get kill streak rewards? not to sure about that. At first i thought it meant if you die and you had say a pred missle it would count towards your next streak.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (23/6/2010 9:45:25 PM)

I thought that at first but as Spek pointed out, it may stop people camping to get that last kill for a decent support package. Well....................heres hoping! lol

piccolo135 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/6/2010 5:02:27 PM)

Agreed on the kill streaks point, far too many than really needed.

My main grumble with MW2 though? Flippin' quick scoping. I realise a lot of people use it, and that there is 'some' element of skill to managing it, but I really have an issue with watching a quick scope kill cam when the bullet doesn't actually hit you. At all.

As for kill streaks, the thing I love about WaW was sending out the dogs. Yes it's a kill streak, but the opposing team do still stand a chance against it. If you have plenty of skill about you, you stand a chance of defeating the dogs. But an ac-130? Hide and quiver.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/6/2010 6:27:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

My main grumble with MW2 though? Flippin' quick scoping. I realise a lot of people use it, and that there is 'some' element of skill to managing it, but I really have an issue with watching a quick scope kill cam when the bullet doesn't actually hit you. At all.

As for kill streaks, the thing I love about WaW was sending out the dogs. Yes it's a kill streak, but the opposing team do still stand a chance against it. If you have plenty of skill about you, you stand a chance of defeating the dogs. But an ac-130? Hide and quiver.

Well put. [sm=happy34.gif]

chilipenguin -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (24/8/2010 11:08:09 PM)

Any thoughts on the multiplayer trailer then? Looks like more of the same but with some new toys. Not so sure about the remote control car but the camera spike looks like it could be quite cool. Will encourage campers like nothing on earth though.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/8/2010 8:34:02 AM)

My thoughts exactly........camping really needs to be sorted out. I don't mind people taking cover and been tactical (rather than running around been gun-ho) but just sitting in one spot all game getting sneaky kills drives me mad.

It's always some damn kid aswell who then screams he's had your mum..........[:D]

Oh well, here's hoping you can destroy the camera. [:D]

Filmfan 2 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (25/8/2010 4:42:00 PM)

quote:

My thoughts exactly........camping really needs to be sorted out. I don't mind people taking cover and been tactical (rather than running around been gun-ho) but just sitting in one spot all game getting sneaky kills drives me mad.

It's always some damn kid aswell who then screams he's had your mum..........[:D]

Oh well, here's hoping you can destroy the camera. [:D]

I would imagine that there will be some sort of perk that will act as a counter-measure against the cameras.

Jodan_King -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (26/8/2010 4:13:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

to be fair you are pretty safe if you have cold blooded and they can be shot down, taked three shots from a stinger or javelin. If your team works together a bit they are not that bad.

Chief -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (27/8/2010 9:02:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jodan_King

quote:

quote:

to be fair you are pretty safe if you have cold blooded and they can be shot down, taked three shots from a stinger or javelin. If your team works together a bit they are not that bad.

Never gonna happen.

Pratt82 -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (27/8/2010 11:52:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jodan_King

quote:

quote:

Never gonna happen.

What will never happen.......shooting down a AC-130 or a team that works together? [:D]

Didn't know you could shoot down an AC-130 on MW2.....(this is what you meant right) [&:] and I've never managed to play MW2 with anybody who helps you. It's full of Rambo Wannabees!

Here's hoping if anybody from Empire gets the Black Ops, I might managed to get online and have a decent game for once.[:)]

borstal -> RE: Call Of Duty: Black Ops (27/8/2010 12:26:37 PM)

quote:

I've never managed to play MW2 with anybody who helps you. It's full of Rambo Wannabees!

Thats Spec on L4D

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI