Joe Dante Talks Gremlins 3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Joe Dante Talks Gremlins 3 (30/4/2010 1:42:40 PM)

Post your comments on this article

chanting_ray -> ZACH GALLIGAN IN GREMLINS 3 (30/4/2010 1:42:40 PM)

I recently saw Zach Galligan in a decent (if low budget) English thriller called Cut and he looks great. I see no reason why he shouln't be in a new Gremlins sequel, there's no need to remake it. They are doing Ghostbusters 3 and not remaking it...

evildave69 -> (30/4/2010 2:06:19 PM)

Whether they remake it or sequelise it, 3D or not, I really hope they stick with puppets rather than go CG. It's one of the reasons why the Gremlins are so bloody horrible. They really need to be a physical entity.

Darth Stewart -> Enough of the remakes!!! (30/4/2010 2:24:21 PM)

A new Gremlins film? Go for it, the originals were great fun. But a remake? F**k off. The lack of imagination around the film industry these days is appalling - rather than take risks on original stories and ideas, the studios seem to be under the impression that we want to see every single film from the past put out again but with the minor difference of poorly crafted screenplays and directed by people who wouldn't even have been allowed to be a tea boy on the set of the film they are ruining. We need a campaign started people - no more remakes! If the money dries up then they'll get the point and start looking elsewhere for inspiration other than the list of movies available on in the house. Who's with me? One day it's going to be a film you cherish dearly, mark my words...

Marwood -> A remake/reboot isn't such a bad idea (30/4/2010 2:24:25 PM)

I love the original films and you could quite easily drop those evil little reptiles into pretty much any setting to wreak havoc.

My fear is that the filmmakers employ total CG effects, 3D and cruder humour to make it palatable for "family audiences". As a kid Gremlins rocked my world - didn't find it scary really and the murderous antics of the beasts was as slapstick funny as it was grim at times - perfect balance.

If Joe Dante doesn't want another crack at Gremlins then let a director of R rated comedies take this on to keep the humour broad but not totally kiddified so it doesn't lose its edge.

granny -> Let's hope it's not the pits (30/4/2010 2:47:50 PM)

Hmmm. The plot of the Hole sounds like 80s video hit The Gate.
Maybe the hidden menance is Courtney Love.

Bumfluff -> RE: Enough of the remakes!!! (30/4/2010 4:51:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Stewart

The lack of imagination around the film industry these days is appalling - rather than take risks on original stories and ideas, the studios seem to be under the impression that we want to see every single film from the past put out again but with the minor difference of poorly crafted screenplays...

Whilst I completely agree with your point it's highly ironic you ask for originality whilst asking for a sequel.

Darth Stewart -> RE: Enough of the remakes!!! (1/5/2010 4:13:06 AM)

Having reviewed my comment post pub I totally agree with you Bumfluff it is ironic how I ask for studios to be original whilst saying a sequel would be welcome, thank you for the constructive feedback! Silly old Darth. I think what I meant to try and convey (as much as the vodka allows clear thought at whatever time in the morning it is) that a sequel and not just a remake is acceptable if they have a good strong idea. If the original film (or films in this case) was a blast then it's worth a pop to see what comes out. Obviously there are a lot of sequels out there which should never have seen the light of day but I hope that's made things a little clearer and less ironic. Not really sure if that does clear it up does it? Pretty sure everyone gets where I'm coming from. It's quite late and I am quite tired/emotional about the whole remake thing. Think I have guaranteed an announcement about Jaws with my random rant. Bah.

Bumfluff -> RE: Enough of the remakes!!! (1/5/2010 9:55:04 AM)

It's a tough one. Although, as I mentioned before, remakes smack of a lack of creative ideas & are usually just an excuse to milk more money out of dead franchises, without them we wouldnt have the two latest Batman films.

mlavagna -> RE: Enough of the remakes!!! (2/5/2010 11:28:22 PM)

Rather than a remake I don't see why they don't just make a sequel. 

Billy's all grown up and is now married with young children.  Gizmo has been locked away in a government laboritory for the past 20 years.  Gizmo escapes.  Gizmo finds Billy and the two are reunited.  Billy has to protect his family from government agents while somehow getting Gizmo to safety and set him free.  The thing practically writes itself.  I'd much prefer to see something like that than a remake.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI