Johnny Handsome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Johnny Handsome (26/4/2010 9:07:02 PM)

Post your comments on this article

richie fingers -> this a sequel?????? (26/4/2010 9:07:03 PM)

first film good. even if mickey rouke did sound like elmar fudd.

danielsimz -> johnny (27/4/2010 4:16:37 AM)

do you mean johnny depp? Yeah he's a great actor and no one can beat him.

Beno -> RE: johnny (27/4/2010 9:50:41 AM)

So whats the dealio with this then . The original was good and according to info given its the same star and Director again . But i have to ask .... why ? I initially thought they could use old footage of Rourke how he used to look and film scenes with him how he looks now and flip them . But of course that wouldnt work .
I had the original soundtrack to the first Johnny Handsome which was some great moody guitar based pieces by someone whos name i forget .
Is this really in production or what ? I honestly see no point . Unless the creative forces feel they didnt do the story justice and want to 'get it right' this time .

adrianG -> (12/5/2011 5:01:59 PM)

Micky Rourke and Walter Hill must really, really love this film! Not exactly the best film for either of them. Who knows though, I'd be more than prepared to give this a go on DVD so who am I to judge.

Phubbs -> Johnny Handsome (1989) (3/8/2012 4:33:02 AM)

Curious little crime thriller based around a disfigured criminal that has a major face lift, almost like an early version of 'Face Off' really accept a little more realistic.

Its kinda unique because the film almost comes across as an endearing story of a criminal who turns his life around after receiving his new face but then turns into a silly revenge thriller towards the end, I thought the endearing story might have worked better.

The cast is pretty slick with Rourke as the main lead and almost a prediction of his future facial issues, Morgan Freeman looking and acting exactly the same as usual, Forest Whitaker looking really geeky with a stupid beard and Lance Henriksen looking completely hilarious in some very gay looking tight fitting 80's attire complete with a ridiculous earring.

Silly title and surprisingly for a Walter Hill film not that good, the problem being its almost two different films stuck together awkwardly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI