Director's Gallery: Valhalla Rising (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Director's Gallery: Valhalla Rising (22/4/2010 1:03:24 PM)

Post your comments on this article

shanewire -> This lad sounds like an up his own arse gobshite (22/4/2010 1:03:24 PM)

Tenner says the movie's a piece of crap. It'll get a three star review, it'll deserve two.

Cat_Corportation -> RE: This lad sounds like an up his own arse gobshite (23/4/2010 9:39:31 AM)

It pains me to say it, but you're sort of right. I saw this at the London Film Festival last year, and was massively excited - I'm a huge Mads Mikkelsen fan and have a career connection with the Vikings, shall we say. Finally, a proper Scandinavian Viking movie, starring my favourite actor! I wanted so much to like it, but in my opinion it was pretty bad. Purposefully incoherent most of the time, maybe some would consider it 'arty' but after some brilliant, brutal action at the beginning, it just stagnated into a lot of staring, speaking slowly between huge pauses; basically, self-indulgent mooning about. There was a lot of unintentional laughter at my screening, and about half a dozen people walked out before the end. The longship scene, which Refn raves about in these pictures, is probably the worst part; if a Viking longboat is so iconic, why shroud it in so much fog that you can't see it? And it really, *really* looks like it was shot in a warehouse (hence the fog...). On the plus side, Mads Mikkelsen (despite being mute) is still the best thing in it, it looks stunning and the score is really menacing. Otherwise, this is a massive vanity project that I won't bother to watch again. I liked Bronson, but this was a bit too much pretension for me. Rant over!

Incumbent -> What happened? (23/4/2010 10:46:53 PM)

I guess Le Chiffre should have had a doctor examine that eye.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.589844E-02