RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (24/7/2011 5:01:26 AM)

http://au.bluray.ign.com/articles/118/1183821p1.html

Bruce Timm said The Dark Knight Returns will be a two part movie, Conroy and Hamill being considered!
Interesting that it'll be split up, they're definitely going to be very faithful to the comic.

Snake-Eyes -> DC ANIMATED MOVIES (24/7/2011 10:57:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

http://au.bluray.ign.com/articles/118/1183821p1.html

Bruce Timm said The Dark Knight Returns will be a two part movie, Conroy and Hamill being considered!
Interesting that it'll be split up, they're definitely going to be very faithful to the comic.

Good work Fuzz! Aw man, the idea of an animated version of THE KILLING JOKE or KINGDOM COME gets me all hard! DARK KNIGHT RETURNS would obvioulsy be a welcome addition also and I suppose it'd have to be divided into two parts as it's such a lengthy tale. If Timm & co. are gonna take a darker route, I reckon LOBO would be cool!

ky -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (24/7/2011 9:12:56 PM)

Oh yes! This has the potential to be very, very good indeed. Think Timm and co. have a perfect grasp of the Batman universe, and their visuals are quite similar to Miller's - clean and economical.

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/7/2011 1:48:59 AM)

Indeed, it should be all kinds of awesome!

I can't believe I didn't discover this thread sooner - I love the Timmverse, though I haven't seen most of the new releases.

DEF -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/7/2011 10:58:24 AM)

I can't freaking wait for Dark Knight Returns. I've just ordered the Blu Ray of Green Lantern Emerald Knight. You can't really go wrong for 7.99. Its such a shame that they don't release the DC Universe films on Blu Ray in the UK much. They are pretty pricey to take a chance on and import. I've got Batman Gotham Knight and Under the Red Hood. I should probably get Wonder Women seeing as its actually released here. I'll import the Blu of Batman Year One for sure.

azzman1984 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/8/2011 2:24:21 AM)

I was watching Green Lantern First Flight and Emerald Knights eariler, awesome stuff!! [:D]

Any news on which DC animated movies being relased next?

Snake-Eyes -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/8/2011 3:34:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

I was watching Green Lantern First Flight and Emerald Knights eariler, awesome stuff!! [:D]

Any news on which DC animated movies being relased next?

I still haven't seen EMERALD KNIGHTS but FIRST FLIGHT is a cracking little film indeed. Hey azz, BATMAN: YEAR ONE (U.S. release date), OCT 18th. Should be a good 'un also.

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (26/8/2011 1:43:46 AM)

I'm pretty pumped for Year One, i'll have to give the graphic novel another read through to refresh my memory though.

Just bought Batman TAS season 1 on iTunes, man this show was and still is the SHIT. Shows just aren't this good today.

Zaphod121 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:09:41 PM)

I have all 4 volumes of Batman: TAS on DVD, such an awesome show - still holds up really well. I also picked up All Star Superman in the States recently, haven't watched it yet but looking forward to checking it out.

Lang -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:10:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zaphod121

I have all 4 volumes of Batman: TAS on DVD, such an awesome show - still holds up really well. I also picked up All Star Superman in the States recently, haven't watched it yet but looking forward to checking it out.

What region are those if you don't mind me asking? [:)]

Zaphod121 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:16:23 PM)

Region 1, well volume 2 is Region 2 but all the others are Region 1.

Lang -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:20:28 PM)

I can't seem to get vol 3 and 4 in region 2 [:(]

Zaphod121 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:21:00 PM)

No they were never released on region 2 sadly.

Lang -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/8/2011 11:39:10 PM)

Would region 1 work on Ps3

Zaphod121 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (2/9/2011 8:22:08 PM)

Watched All-Star Superman today, aside from being slightly rushed it was much better than I expected, it packed quite the punch. Christina Hendricks as Lios was really good!

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (3/9/2011 11:11:38 AM)

FINALLY got around to watching Under The Red Hood. Definitely an amazing film, captured the the relationship between Batman and Jason Todd and how he coped with his death, a very solid and emotional story. Almost had me in tears in the final scene.

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 2:35:50 AM)

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/09/21/dark-knight-crashes-dinner-party-in-first-clip-from-batman-year-one/

New clip from Year One. Looking good!

Vadersville -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 7:23:01 AM)

That was just epic!

JIm R -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 9:40:44 AM)

Can't wait for this to come out, that clip was awesome

lukeyboy -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 10:29:54 AM)

Yeah that looks gooood! Still - I'd like to see some more DC animated movies with some of the lesser known characters. I really liked the Captain Marvel short that was released a while back and the retro styled Spectre short. As Snake mentioned - a Lobo animation would be awesome, but I'd also like to see someone like Hawkman or Martian Manhunter or even The Flash given the full DC animation treatment rather than being bombarded with Batman and Superman all the time! You can have too much of a good thing..............

TheFuzz_1989 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 10:40:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Indeed, it was just as epic as you would expect from Year One. The thing that bugs me is that the film is ready to go - and has been for a long time, seeing as the final cut was shown at Comic Con this year - and Warners is delaying it so that it comes out the same time as Arkham City.
While it is pretty cool to have two major Batman titles come out the same day, it's basically just a shameful marketing ploy from Warners.

Lang -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/9/2011 4:28:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFuzz_1989

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

Indeed, it was just as epic as you would expect from Year One. The thing that bugs me is that the film is ready to go - and has been for a long time, seeing as the final cut was shown at Comic Con this year - and Warners is delaying it so that it comes out the same time as Arkham City.
While it is pretty cool to have two major Batman titles come out the same day, it's basically just a shameful marketing ploy from Warners.

IF ONLY it was part of the some package deal along with Arkham City.....

ky -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/9/2011 12:29:59 PM)

Finally, after wanting to get into the latest line of DC animated movies, I picked up Batman: Under the Red Hood for 7 from HMV the other day.

What a film! I was amazed at just how brilliant it was, despite being a huge fan of Batman: TAS: the ambient, moody title and closing credits were superb (LOVED the use of rain and crows), the action scenes were fantastic and well-choreographed, the voice cast was well-chosen (Greenwood was much better than I expected, Ackles was impressive and Harris made a perfect Nightwing), and the script was smart, mature and perfectly paced. I also loved the final scene, with Jason's poignant last line a great ending.

Definitely want to get hold of some more. I'm thinking Superman: Doomsday and Batman/Superman: Apocalypse. And, of course, Year One is only weeks away [:)]

Snake-Eyes -> DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/9/2011 1:18:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ky

Finally, after wanting to get into the latest line of DC animated movies, I picked up Batman: Under the Red Hood for 7 from HMV the other day.

What a film! I was amazed at just how brilliant it was, despite being a huge fan of Batman: TAS: the ambient, moody title and closing credits were superb (LOVED the use of rain and crows), the action scenes were fantastic and well-choreographed, the voice cast was well-chosen (Greenwood was much better than I expected, Ackles was impressive and Harris made a perfect Nightwing), and the script was smart, mature and perfectly paced. I also loved the final scene, with Jason's poignant last line a great ending.

Definitely want to get hold of some more. I'm thinking Superman: Doomsday and Batman/Superman: Apocalypse. And, of course, Year One is only weeks away [:)]

Hey ky - UNDER THE RED HOOD is BODACIOUS, eh? DOOMSDAY... uhh, I was somewhat disappointed in that one - plays a bit like one of the weaker epsiodes of the SUPERMAN: Animated Series. APOCALYPSE is pretty decent, the animation is smooth and character designs stay true to those by the late Michael Turner. Can't wait for YEAR ONE!

ky -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/9/2011 2:03:18 PM)

Hi Snake,

Yeah, Red Hood blew me away! I've seen you guys discuss it on here, and priced it up on Amazon a few times. Then I just happened to find it in HMV on a leisurely browse the other day and couldn't resist. The animation was absolutely amazing, so slick and fluid.

I've seen Green Lantern: First Flight available for a fiver, and been pretty tempted to pick it up. Is it worth it? I don't have as much experience with Hal Jordan et al as the other characters (didn't get around to seeing the live-action version, though I'll definitely pick it up on DVD).

Snake-Eyes -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (25/9/2011 10:57:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ky

Hi Snake,

Yeah, Red Hood blew me away! I've seen you guys discuss it on here, and priced it up on Amazon a few times. Then I just happened to find it in HMV on a leisurely browse the other day and couldn't resist. The animation was absolutely amazing, so slick and fluid.

I've seen Green Lantern: First Flight available for a fiver, and been pretty tempted to pick it up. Is it worth it? I don't have as much experience with Hal Jordan et al as the other characters (didn't get around to seeing the live-action version, though I'll definitely pick it up on DVD).

Don't bother with the live-action GREEN LANTERN. It's just a crap film. End of. FIRST FLIGHT is a brilliant way to introduce the character and mythology to new audiences as well as being able to please old fans. I highly recommend it ky.

Vadersville -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (27/9/2011 9:31:05 PM)

Fans of the old DCAU will be pleased at this little reunion of cast for the upcoming Justice League - Doom film, based on JLA:Tower Of Babel. Plus, Nathan Fillion returns as Hal Jordan! [:D] Clicky!

Snake-Eyes -> DC ANIMATED MOVIES (2/10/2011 11:20:12 AM)

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM... It's lookin' good! Now, I'm glad that the likes of Conroy, Daly and my personal favourite, Michael (Smallville) Rosenbaum are back in action and Nathan Fillon is a good guy too but I miss the Phil LaMarr / John Stewart GL - That would've been a proper JL reunion.

gunstar -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (2/10/2011 11:39:15 AM)

If anyone has a Lovefilm account, their streaming service has all the Batman: The Animated Series feature films on it at the moment. 

Vadersville -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (2/10/2011 11:50:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM... It's lookin' good! Now, I'm glad that the likes of Conroy, Daly and my personal favourite, Michael (Smallville) Rosenbaum are back in action and Nathan Fillon is a good guy too but I miss the Phil LaMarr / John Stewart GL - That would've been a proper JL reunion.

You're right it would have been. Especially if they had brought back Hawkgirl too! Interesting that in the comic Tower of Babel, Green lantern is Kyle Rayner, yet here they've switched him to Hal Jordan... [sm=33.gif]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI