RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

AxlReznor -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (13/1/2013 6:50:14 PM)

They did the same with Year One, too. Haven't seen The Dark Knight Returns yet, but I found Year One to be fun. I'd have a problem with it if it were a big theatrical release, but not as a straight-to-DVD thing.

Ghidorah -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (28/1/2013 10:51:59 PM)

I'm aware not everyone had read Dark Knight Returns so I will keep this spoiler free.

Part 2 is fantastic and very faithful to the source material. The only problem I had was because Part 1 didn't include the subplot from the novel, it killed some of the tension in Part 2 and makes the story seemed rather rushed at first.

sanchia -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (29/1/2013 6:52:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

They did the same with Year One, too. Haven't seen The Dark Knight Returns yet, but I found Year One to be fun. I'd have a problem with it if it were a big theatrical release, but not as a straight-to-DVD thing.

The thing about year one is that the vocal talent actually worked rather than being a by the numbers reading (I cannot say acting as Weller in particular was not acting)as presented here. That is the massive failure in The Dark Knight Returns in my opinion.

Vadersville -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (29/1/2013 9:37:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

The thing about year one is that the vocal talent actually worked rather than being a by the numbers reading (I cannot say acting as Weller in particular was not acting)as presented here. That is the massive failure in The Dark Knight Returns in my opinion.

Really? I thought the voice acting in Year One was awful. It just sounded as if the actors were in a room by themselves reading lines out of context. The whole film was generally disappointing really.

AxlReznor -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (29/1/2013 10:15:09 AM)

Yeah, I preferred the Catwoman short that's on there myself. Even if it did get awful reviews.

Ghidorah -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (29/1/2013 8:41:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

quote:

Really? I thought the voice acting in Year One was awful. It just sounded as if the actors were in a room by themselves reading lines out of context. The whole film was generally disappointing really.

That because they are.

AxlReznor -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (30/1/2013 8:05:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

quote:

That because they are.

It shouldn't sound like they are, though. It's called acting. [:D]

Dannybohy -> RE: DC CARTOONS (30/1/2013 12:55:33 PM)

I will be watching The Dark Knight Returns part 1 this weekend :) Under the Red Hood was my favorite!

kumar -> RE: DC CARTOONS (8/6/2013 4:41:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I will be watching The Dark Knight Returns part 1 this weekend :) Under the Red Hood was my favorite!

[:)]

I just finished Dark Knight Returns pt 2. Its right up there with the best of them. I wasnt too keen on pt 1 though it wasnt that bad. Pt 2 was a great follow up.

rich -> RE: DC CARTOONS (8/6/2013 9:08:12 PM)

The adaptations of the books they've done look really bad though, the animation and voice acting is just so stiff like nobody involved is even trying. Maybe it's just the budget they are working with, I don't know.

kumar -> RE: DC CARTOONS (8/6/2013 10:26:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

The adaptations of the books they've done look really bad though, the animation and voice acting is just so stiff like nobody involved is even trying. Maybe it's just the budget they are working with, I don't know.

Yeah i think the style of animation used for Dark Knight Returns wasnt amazing. In fact i didnt really like that super wide jaw style. I suppose it gives it the series some variety though, and while I see your point about the voice acting it doesnt bother me - I was enjoying the film so much. I was pretty shocked by the entire darkness and violence of part 2.

sanchia -> RE: DC CARTOONS (8/6/2013 10:54:36 PM)

Damn time out!

Personally I find that a voice artist who rather obviously lacks any commitment to the role (al la Weller in Returns) drags me out of the entertainment and drains a lot of the pleasure from watching a animation. I have noticed that DC have a trend of utilising so called "names" rather than the talented voice artists such as Kevin Conroy whom they used to utilise (although this does seem to be reversed slightly in Superman Unbound).

bydabeachman -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (21/6/2013 7:32:45 PM)

I just watched Under the Red Hood and I was so in love with the scene between Joker, Jason, and Batman. I think it truly shows the relationship Batman has with Joker, he can never kill him, because he knows if he does, he will become just like him. The only thing holding his sanity together is the balance of evil in the joker, they truly are one in the same. The best duo in comics. Because we all must face this, Batman is crazy! Yes he does good things and helps, but that doesn't not mean he isn't crazy, because him and the joker have the same crazy score if there was one, just on opposite ends of the spectrum. Th classic Kevin Conroy batmans, were my favorite, such an amazing voice for the character, one I will always think of, just like Mark Hamill as Joker. Great films.

Dannybohy -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (24/6/2013 11:31:24 AM)

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Son_of_Krypton

I have just been discussing this on a Man of Steel thread and thought this is as good a place as any to past the link again and find out what you guys thought?.

Vadersville -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (24/6/2013 2:16:53 PM)

It's a superb re-telling of Superman's origins. I love how they made Brainiac from Krypton and responsible for keeping them in the dark about Krypton's imminent destruction to save himself. That said, it's not really a film but the first three episodes of Superman The Animated Series.

Sotto Voce -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/8/2013 7:29:00 PM)

Anyone else watched Flashpoint Paradox? I thought it was fairly good.

I recently got a copy The Dark Knight Strikes Again, sequel to Returns. Its pretty crazy stuff. A lot of people hate it. I'd like to see an animated version that adapted it into something a bit more coherent.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (22/8/2013 7:53:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

I recently got a copy The Dark Knight Strikes Again, sequel to Returns. Its pretty crazy stuff. A lot of people hate it. I'd like to see an animated version that adapted it into something a bit more coherent.

Frank Miller sooo couldn't be arsed with that book.[:D]

kumar -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (3/9/2013 7:09:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Just finished it. There were one or two points that jarred with me, but I really enjoyed it. Had no idea of the direction of the film and the tone of it was a complete surprise. Was this based on a comic book too? Regardless, I like the risks DC take with some of the adaptations - not just entertainment for children!

Zaphod121 -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (10/2/2014 9:58:52 PM)

Just watched JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM, quite enjoyed it but the story didn't really feel like movie, more suited to a 2 part episode JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED, but I loved having most of the original voice cast. Looking forward to checking out JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR and FLASHPOINT PARADOX. Just wish they would do other characters, like maybe a TEEN TITANS movie? A sequel to WONDER WOMAN would be awesome.

Sotto Voce -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (9/4/2014 6:49:45 PM)

I found WAR pretty underwhelming. Very straight forward and uninteresting. They all get together and fight Darkside- that's pretty much it.
I haven't been reading the new 52 comics, but the characters seem all screwed up. Green Lantern is all brash and arrogant, and Superman is a knob-head for no reason.
MINOR SPOILER

Batman reveals his identity to Flash. I thought that was rather out of character.

Anyway, hoping Son of Batman will be good.

Sotto Voce -> RE: DC ANIMATED MOVIES (23/8/2014 10:08:28 AM)

Just watched Assault on Arkham. Pretty decent, interesting angle- a bunch of villains are sent to break into Arkham to retrieve some gizmo from Riddler's belongings。
Good animation and well-done action scenes. Both female characters are unnecessarily naked at some point, which is a bit trashy. And Captain Boomerang is a bit of an odious stereotype.
I'd say give it a watch.

Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI