Exclusive: Emmerich On Anonymous (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Emmerich On Anonymous (25/2/2010 11:14:37 AM)

Post your comments on this article

dunkah -> (25/2/2010 11:14:37 AM)

Didn't see that one coming.

62Parker -> (25/2/2010 11:23:54 AM)

christ, this is a departure, I thought he'd be more comfortable making a sequel to Moon 44, this sounds quite interesting.

granny -> Pass (25/2/2010 11:43:12 AM)

Considering this is coming from one of the least subtle directors in Hollywood this has as much promise as the prospect of Michael Bay shooting War and Peace.
At least we've been spared the 2012 series for now.

Youshouldberunning -> (25/2/2010 2:06:47 PM)

Makes total sense to me...but then I am clinically insane.

nybras -> Turning over a new page (25/2/2010 2:23:55 PM)

Thank heavens he isn't making another disaster movie because 2012 was a complete and utter disaster compared to The Day After Tomorrow.
This could be good and don't think anyone of us saw this coming till now.

simplysimon2 -> Hooray for aka (25/2/2010 4:31:06 PM)

Ever since reading Mark Anderson's "Shakespeare by Another Name", I am convinced that Edward De Vere was Shakespeare by another name. I would like the movie to deal with DeVere's similarities to Shakespeare's wastrel, Prince Hal, and DeVere''s world tour entourage to the places "Shakespeare" eventually placed his works. The trip was paid for by selling his own land to see others. I now read/hear the Bard as a player and confident in Elizabeth's court not an outsider. And the thousand pounds a year she gave him to create Tudor spin--the history plays.

zweigenbaum -> Anonymous by Emmerich (12/3/2010 6:50:00 AM)

Within the Oxfordian movement (scholars who have proven Edward de Vere, 17th earl of Oxford wrote the Shake-Speare canon) we still disagree about critical facts in this suppressed history of the early English state. But one thing we all agree about is that the Stratford Shakspere had nothing to do with the noble works we read and view today. He was a promoter, producer, money-lender, property-owner, but never the writer who wrote the works, de Vere, whose pseudonym Shake-Speare, meaningful to him, resembled the Stratford businessman's. It is a good sign for world culture that the false cover that has been perpetuated as the biography of 'Shakespeare' is finally crumbling. The works were written by a human being, a nobleman with a vision of what man eternally is, whose sense of honor was crushed by the times and England's self-aggrandizing leaders, his name buried under a pseudonym and an expediency that has become the familiar shoddy myth. I hope the movie captures that tragedy.

Jerrry -> (14/4/2010 1:42:24 PM)

I've studied this subject for the last 15 years under Ruth Miller until her passing and I'm happy that it's finally moving forward. It's long over due.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.367188E-02