Mission: Impossible 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Mission: Impossible 4 (17/2/2010 5:13:19 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jobloffski -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (19/2/2010 10:21:07 AM)

Don't know if it ever happened in the series, but would like it if a mission actually did turn out to be impossible, was a set up by infiltrators into IMF who allow the plan to proceed almost to the point where the end is in sight, then do the equivalent of opening the trapdoors to let out the dogs of war after Ethan's team, and their mission, which they cannot choose but accept, becomes merely to get out of the situation alive...

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (19/2/2010 10:23:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Really not necessary! Much as I dig the MISSION films, the Cruiser needs to re-team with Michael Mann and/or Ridley Scott and do something memorable (what the f**k is Knight & Day?!)

Knight and Day is the Cruiser going back to his action roots as a spy seemingly gunning everyone down. Seeing as James Mangold's directing, I'm surprised you're so dismissive.

And seeing as Ridley and Cruise's last film was Legend, are you sure you're not thinking of Tony Scott (Top Gun? Days of Thunder)?

Snake-Eyes -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (19/2/2010 10:30:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Really not necessary! Much as I dig the MISSION films, the Cruiser needs to re-team with Michael Mann and/or Ridley Scott and do something memorable (what the f**k is Knight & Day?!)

Knight and Day is the Cruiser going back to his action roots as a spy seemingly gunning everyone down. Seeing as James Mangold's directing, I'm surprised you're so dismissive.

And seeing as Ridley and Cruise's last film was Legend, are you sure you're not thinking of Tony Scott (Top Gun? Days of Thunder)?

I dunno Ti - that new Mangold film just doesn't excite me. plus the fact that I can't stand that Diaz person in any capacity. I am thinking of Ridley (I love LEGEND), the reason I mention him is 'cos Cruise needs to hook up with a true master and work on a project that has potential and not just something that looks lie a True Lies / Mr. & Mrs. Smith clone. I know that LEGEND is a film that he seems to disregard which is a shame as it's a real classic.

TheSpleen -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (17/3/2010 9:45:56 PM)

Really didn't expect a fourth film.

spark1 -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (19/3/2010 12:34:01 PM)

less gunplay this time, ok?

try to honour the tone of the late peter graves tv series.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (19/3/2010 12:45:12 PM)

Knight and Day sounds like a fun throwback to 80s romps like Bird On A Wire, count me in.

max314 -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (20/3/2010 10:43:21 PM)

Knight and Day looks to be good fun - I can't wait [:D]

As for the Mission: Impossible franchise, it hasn't topped DePalma's original outing that not only plays host to the only mission that is ACTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE, but it's also a massively intricate and energetic plot with genuinely memorable characters embedded within a great neo-noir aesthetic.

I hope Knight and Day can be Cruise's airy-fairy pisstake on his Mission exploits, while the actual Mission: Impossible 4 delivers the goods of a genuinely effective spy thriller in a similar capacity to DePalma's original.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to re-watch the Knight and Day trailer for the 47th time...

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (25/3/2010 10:48:49 AM)

Now thatís a great choice that I never saw coming. Amazing set pieces, great character work and brilliantly suitable light hearted moments. Bird can do them all with ease:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/24/incredibles-helmer-brad-bird-in-talks-to-direct-mission-impossible-4/

But where does this leave 1906?

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (25/3/2010 4:02:21 PM)

Bird is a very interesting choice. For all the talk of his family film background online, it's worth mentioning that one of his early ambitions was to directed an animated version of The Spirit, so he could definitely produce something harder than his back catalogue would initally suggest. And having a hit movie under his belt would make greenlighting 1906 a lot easier.

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (25/3/2010 4:41:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Bird is a very interesting choice. For all the talk of his family film background online, it's worth mentioning that one of his early ambitions was to directed an animated version of The Spirit, so he could definitely produce something harder than his back catalogue would initally suggest. And having a hit movie under his belt would make greenlighting 1906 a lot easier.

I agree. I think he would have no trouble whatsoever in striking a tone that was appropriate to the subject matter. In fact, I think he would excel at it! The incredibles is still my favourite Pixar film (believe me thatís saying something) and that doesnít shy away from the dark moments when the story calls for it. He was after all the first Pixar director to have guns in his film and he threw a pretty nasty little torture scene in there for good measure too! And his eye for action is just fantastic in that film. He gets my vote. Think heíll do a better job with this than Wright would. I love the guy but heís not right for this and nothing in his back catalogue makes me think otherwise. But whoever takes it has their work cut out upping that bridge attack set piece that Abrams put together!

And yeah. Anything that potentially gives a director like Brad Bird more artistic freedom on future projects can only be a good thing!

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (10/5/2010 3:07:20 PM)

Confirmed!
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/07/brad-bird-confirmed-for-mission-impossible-4/

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (10/5/2010 3:46:55 PM)

Very excited by this, Bird directing and Abrams producing should equate to a fantastic movie. If Bird can do anything, it's combining heart and action, so I can't wait to see what he does with M.I.4, and I personally felt Abrams knocked it out of the part with the third film. A nice dry run, before he gave the world Star Trek.

The Hooded Man -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (15/7/2010 12:20:06 PM)

It's been confirmed that despite Knight and Day's poor box office that MI4 is still going ahead. Excellent news.

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (15/7/2010 12:52:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

It's been confirmed that despite Knight and Day's poor box office that MI4 is still going ahead. Excellent news.

It's going ahead but maybe not as you or I may want it. Due to the K&D box office they may do a major reworking of the script looking to put Cruise (Hunt) in the backseat with the focus being on a younger IMF agent that he has trained. Don't like the sound of it myself. Release Brad Bird from this so he can make Superman.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/13/mission-impossible-4-to-be-reworked/ 

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (25/9/2010 9:59:35 AM)

Michael Nyqvist who plays Blomvist in Swedish Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is set to be in the villian in the new Mission: Impossible films.Awesome.

Kazuya -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (30/9/2010 11:51:08 AM)

I like the director, I like the star, I like the franchise. Count me in.

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (3/10/2010 11:34:49 AM)

The IMF force is looking good for this year - Crusier, Renner, Rhames, Pegg and Josh 'Sawyer' Holloway! If only Maggie Q was returning...

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (4/10/2010 12:49:12 PM)

quote:

The IMF force is looking good for this year - Crusier, Renner, Rhames, Pegg and Josh 'Sawyer' Holloway! If only Maggie Q was returning...

No Jonathan Rhys Meyers either?

The Hooded Man -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (4/10/2010 2:18:37 PM)

Yeah Pete, it does sound like a pile of shit. The only reason Cruise appears to be involved is because his production company owns the rights, but if he's taking a back seat in terms of action onscreen then I don't really want to see this. I've heard rumours he might be bumped off early on too but hopefully that's just nonsense. Brad Bird would indeed be a superb choice for Superman.

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (17/10/2010 10:20:55 AM)

I doubt Cruise will be bumped off early, I reckon he'll still be the lead but the franchise will try to bring Renner and Holloway to the fore. Maybe the film will end with Hunt dying in a truly impossible mission.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70826

Castor Troy -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (17/10/2010 11:34:09 AM)

I'm a big fan of the MI franchise - especially #3 which I thought was one of the best if not the best action film of the last 10 years. And with Sawyer in this - I really can't wait.

Rembo92 -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (17/10/2010 5:22:14 PM)

Its got the makings of a decent action flick

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (18/10/2010 8:42:15 PM)

Aintitcool is saying the film could be called Mission: Impossibe: Project Aries or Mission: Impossible: Ghost Protocol.... which is silly. Too many colons.

Just called it M.I.IV.

paulferrer -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (28/10/2010 4:49:22 PM)

It was annouced this afternoon at it will now be called Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

pete_traynor -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (28/10/2010 4:56:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulferrer

It was annouced this afternoon at it will now be called Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Sounds like a video game... and not a very good video game at that! What's wrong with, oh I don't know, Mission Impossible 4?

simonmckergan1 -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (28/10/2010 5:16:53 PM)

quote:

Not good.  Just plain old IV would have been fine.  It's not like the others had silly titles.  Like for say Mission Impossible 2: Curse of the slow-mo doves or such shit.

mgreene -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (30/10/2010 10:01:25 PM)

quote:

I love this. It's one of the worst titles I've ever heard. They must be doing it to lower expectations, ala 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'.

Timon -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (3/11/2010 11:36:12 AM)

Photos are up of The Cruiser doing some stunts on the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building!)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71361

grucl -> RE: Mission: Impossible 4 (3/11/2010 12:42:54 PM)

quote:

Photos are up of The Cruiser doing some stunts on the Burj Khalifa (the world's tallest building!)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71361

Wow. Say about Cruise what you want but he has balls!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI