Clark Gregg Added To Thor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Clark Gregg Added To Thor (19/1/2010 11:07:12 AM)

Post your comments on this article

mighty mick -> That's all good for Thor (19/1/2010 11:07:12 AM)

but when are we going to get news on Captain America?? I mean, the films are being released only 2 months apart, surely we should be getting something by now!

JIm R -> RE: That's all good for Thor (19/1/2010 12:54:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mighty mick

but when are we going to get news on Captain America?? I mean, the films are being released only 2 months apart, surely we should be getting something by now!

I thought we would have a lot of information at Christmas on the Cap, but to no avail, I know Johnston has had quite a lot of problems with the completion of The Wolfman which would account for delay on news in comparison to Thor.

I think personally it's a production with a few issues behind it but because Captain America is a big flag waving hero for the Marvel studio they daren't advertise the issue.

The pre-production on this alone would take a few good months let alone casting news etc.

Doesn't bode well IMO

The Hooded Man -> RE: That's all good for Thor (19/1/2010 1:03:54 PM)

I get the feeling they are going to screw Johnson and go with a knucklehead yes man like Leterrier and cast Will Smith or something equally stupid. This would need to start filming in the summer so it will be interesting to see if they get it up and running.
If Johnson pulls out for any reason I suggest getting Richard Donner involved.

JIm R -> RE: That's all good for Thor (19/1/2010 1:16:31 PM)

It would appear to be a summer - winter 2010 shoot and and post production early 2011 but even by these timings, you'd hope for some shift or movement towards hearing some news.

I agree HM, they will probably panic and run out of time and make some knee jerk casting reaction, there is lots of talk of making the feel of the film very 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and have essentially a comic book interpretation of a war film and whilst this all sounds ideal, the lack of anything tangible is worrying.

bad hat harry -> RE: That's all good for Thor (19/1/2010 5:11:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: mighty mick

I thought we would have a lot of information at Christmas on the Cap, but to no avail, I know Johnston has had quite a lot of problems with the completion of The Wolfman which would account for delay on news in comparison to Thor.

I think personally it's a production with a few issues behind it but because Captain America is a big flag waving hero for the Marvel studio they daren't advertise the issue.

The pre-production on this alone would take a few good months let alone casting news etc.

Doesn't bode well IMO

i think the reason that Marvel haven't made any casting announcements about Captain America is less to do with production issues, though every movie, and every joe johnson movie, has them, and is more due to the fact that statements about casting for Thor only just finished. Telling people who they've cast as CA is kind of a big deal and its probably a good idea to give it some space. i'd guess that they are just trying to avoid confusion. And in any case, Casting is usually announced just before production and they don't actually start shooting until june/july.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.152344E-02