Heavy Rain (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Special Forums] >> Game Reviews

Empire Admin -> Heavy Rain (6/1/2010 2:34:05 PM)

Post your comments on this article

RandyChimp -> Holy jesus, a positive review for a ps3 exclusive? GAME OF THE MONTH? (28/2/2010 3:01:45 AM)

Finally!

rhythmic delivery -> (28/2/2010 7:57:05 PM)

i really wanted to like this game. but its just awfull the gameplay or lack there of is a joke. interactive movie? i think not barely interactive and if i saw a film of it i'd be launching my bbeverage at the screen, i find it imposible to believe you 5/5 review it implys that you couldn't find any flaws at all. which is staggering in a game this bad. worst PS3 exclusive to date.

charlieuno -> woweeeeeeeeee!!!!!! (1/3/2010 9:09:35 AM)

just, finshed and now playing it for the second time around....wow. flawed in places but overall a masterpieace in gaming. Next genration gaming has finaly arrived

Bighousewill -> What A Game (5/3/2010 4:35:53 PM)

Wow what a game the only problem is sometimes characters seem to know things that you havnt actually played thorugh because of what the outcome would be if you played differently and made different choices so there are plot holes. Also it is a bit glitchy sometimes sound pops on on off while the characters are talking usually after a chapter has just loaded, I just restarted from the save point when this happened. This is a very grown up game for grown ups and well I want more games like this.

Bighousewill -> What A Game (5/3/2010 4:35:55 PM)

Wow what a game the only problem is sometimes characters seem to know things that you havnt actually played thorugh because of what the outcome would be if you played differently and made different choices so there are plot holes. Also it is a bit glitchy sometimes sound pops on on off while the characters are talking usually after a chapter has just loaded, I just restarted from the save point when this happened. This is a very grown up game for grown ups and well I want more games like this.

nc_jj -> (15/4/2010 4:09:58 AM)

I think that this isn't a game, it's a movie. Great graphics, story and gameplay. This is a must-play!

CU@theOscars -> RE: (16/4/2010 11:35:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhythmic delivery

i really wanted to like this game. but its just awfull the gameplay or lack there of is a joke. interactive movie? i think not barely interactive and if i saw a film of it i'd be launching my bbeverage at the screen, i find it imposible to believe you 5/5 review it implys that you couldn't find any flaws at all. which is staggering in a game this bad. worst PS3 exclusive to date.

Clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

lauriedunsire -> RE: RE: (28/4/2010 8:31:30 PM)

Just back on this forum after a while so thought I'd finally post my thoughts on Heavy Rain.  I managed to get a copy before it was released and was totally immersed in the game from start to finish.  I wasn't sure on the controls initially and it's certainly a different approach to most games I play, but because of the story I loved it.  I don't know how anyone could argue it isn't interactive, as 'interactive movie' is probably the best way to describe it.

It does have a few glitches, and a few of the mundane tasks can get a little irritating.  My main gripe though would be the lack of long term value in it, because I completed it in 2 days and managed to keep everyone alive and find out all the info - so there was no real point in playing the game again so that was that.  I did replay a couple of scenes and changed what I did just to see what happens, but the power of the first run had well and truly faded.

Not worthy of 5 stars because of some minor glitches and the major issue with replay value, or lack thereof, but still a fantastic game and quite possible the catalyst for more 'interactive movies' in the near future...

jncorbett -> Heavy Rain (27/5/2010 7:19:17 PM)

Great game, completely fresh and different.

jncorbett -> Heavy Rain (27/5/2010 7:19:17 PM)

Great game, completely fresh and different.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI