Coen Brothers Head West (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Coen Brothers Head West (1/2/2006 9:50:13 AM)

Post your comments on this article

torlporl -> YAY! (1/2/2006 11:46:18 AM)

YAY! Finally some confirmation about what is to be the Coen's next. I'm a little gutted it isn't Hail Caesar as that would have been 100% original Coen work. But this book sounds amazing (I'm yet to read it) and no one else has had a hand in the screenplay by the sounds of it so I am very excited! BRING IT ON!!! 

shotcaller -> All Hail COEN! (1/2/2006 11:52:33 AM)

The Coens are one (two?) of my favourite film makingers and yes they have been a bit off key in the last 2 or 3 films, I have no doubt that they will soon be back to true form. And this seems to be as good a starting point as any.

oneslayerlover -> No Brainer (1/2/2006 12:39:12 PM)

It's the Coen Brothers, nuff said. OK, "The Ladykillers" was irredemable crap, but "Intolerable Cruelty" was marvellous, and their pedigree speaks for itself, especially when doing dark Southern Gothic. Can't wait.

Mad Dog Tannen -> Careful now. (1/2/2006 12:53:23 PM)

I'm not a big Coens fan, but I am rather partial to some of their films. However, their recent work is appalling. The Ladykillers and especially Intolerable Cruelty are two of the hardest films I've ever sat through. They were was just awful. Even O Brother Where Art Thou failed to charm me. I am deeply dubious about this new film, especially given the apparent similarities with Fargo. I'm not holding my breath

Johnnycashsjeans -> (1/2/2006 1:07:48 PM)

It sounds exactly like A Simple Plan (but then similarity has never stopped anyone in Hollywood from making a film).

lo_rez_skyline -> Cant Wait..... (1/2/2006 1:21:36 PM)

So Intolerable Cruelty was well lets face it pretty crap and the Ladykillers could never be anything more than a passable re-make but this is the Coen Brothers a chance for a return to form. I just can't wait to see the film now if it's even anywhere near as good as Fargo, Millers Crossing et al it'll be one of the films of the year at a cinch.

lo_rez_skyline -> Cant Wait..... (1/2/2006 1:22:59 PM)

So Intolerable Cruelty was well lets face it pretty crap and the Ladykillers could never be anything more than a passable re-make but this is the Coen Brothers a chance for a return to form. I just can't wait to see the film now if it's even anywhere near as good as Fargo, Millers Crossing et al it'll be one of the films of the year at a cinch.

Rock Lobster! -> Hey, hey, hey (1/2/2006 2:28:44 PM)

all you Coen naysayers who wrote in-shame on you! you want to watch quality films-check the Coen catalogue feom 1984 to 2000-a perfect run of classic films! has any director ever had a faultless career? nope, not even Kubrick or Lynch. anyone who has the balls to slag the Coens should just look at the Big Lebowski and Millers Crossing. just look at them. i don't care if Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty wer sub-standard, the Coens could make 10 crap films and i would still keep the faith! can't wait for this. and that guy who says it sounds like A Simple Plan? ever think that that flick was a liile like Fargo? to PARAPHRASE Jonny Casper "yiz fancy pants, all of yiz. IM SICK OF THE HIGH HAT!" yay the Coens!

Gaz -> Simple Plan mark2 (1/2/2006 2:36:00 PM)

It does sound a lot like simple plan, it gonna be interesting to see if looks that different when it's made as for that film sam riami was basically doing a coen brothers impression

Cethan -> RE: Simple Plan mark2 (1/2/2006 3:54:36 PM)

I actually thought Ladykillers was quite good, certainly Tom Hanks's most watchable role in years.

yossarian -> Violence (2/2/2006 2:46:07 AM)

Just ordered the book on the strength of this. A brief synopsis seems to highlight how violent it is. Their best work has always had this as a key element. YeeeHaaa!!

macleod -> Their darkest film yet? (3/2/2006 10:35:32 PM)

After the light heartedness of their last two features this will, hopefully, be a return to Blood Simple territory and then some. The book is really violent and really good with a terrifying villain who makes the simple act of flipping a coin pretty tense, i won't spoil it for you. His main method of dispatching whoever crosses his path is pretty gnarly as well. Cross fingers that this will propel them into darker places they've never ventured before.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI