RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Soundtracks

shatnerhamster -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (23/4/2012 2:38:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: NadaPlissken

quote:

I once punched a man in the face for saying Hawk the Slayer was rubbish

Terry Marcel? Is it really you? If so, stop posting on the internet and get back to work on the long-awaited sequel, 'Hawk the Hunter'. Seriously, you first announced it in 2009, and it still hasn't even started production. What possible excuse could there be? If the problems are financial, I'd be happy to invest. I'll even put up the entire 1000 budget.*

*Disclaimer: I don't actually know what the budget for 'Hawk the Hunter' is. The 1000 figure is based on taking the original budget of 'Hawk the Slayer' and factoring in thirty years of inflation.

AmityBodega1977 -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (21/7/2012 7:22:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Hannibal

/endofthread

Hannibal definitely. Hanz Zimmer's Vide Cor Meum is a really beautiful piece of music

Smudge1985 -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (22/8/2012 10:21:12 PM)

Flashdance...hands down. Brilliant soundtrack, the obvious title song from Irene Cara, but also Maniac, Manhunt, Imagination, Shes a Dream, awesome stuff. Another one more for songs than score, maybe an unpopular choice, but I couldnt get into Say Anything, despite it being a genre I generally enjoy. In Your Eyes is the obvious and iconic one from that, but Nancy Wilson's All For Love is very good as well.

As for scores, great call on Tron Legacy. The film was...alright, one of those that I enjoyed enough at the time but will never watch again, but the soundtrack is epic. It also has Journey's Separate Ways, therefore adding to its awesomeness.

st3veebee -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (24/8/2012 11:44:21 AM)

I don't actually think Phantom Menace is terrible but I adore the "Great Duel" or whatever the music during the Darth Maul showdown is called. Stunning.

AmityBodega1977 -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (25/8/2012 2:25:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

I don't actually think Phantom Menace is terrible but I adore the "Great Duel" or whatever the music during the Darth Maul showdown is called. Stunning.

"Dual of the Fates" it's called - Williams at his absolute best. I know I'm in the minority but I actually loved The Phantom Menace and the other Prequels

licencetokilt -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (28/10/2012 6:39:06 PM)

Jerry Goldsmith's scores for Star Trek V: The Final Frontier and (Omen III) The Final Conflict - the mountain climbing piece at the start of ST5 is really epic and gorgeous, and it perfectly segues from the main theme. The Final Conflict's score has some great moments, especially the one over the opening montage and the one during that twisted bit where the pram goes for a ride (it was also used in the film's rather splendid trailer).

Although, I must add, even though both of these films are not good, and can easily be considered terrible, I have a soft spot for each of them. I'm still not sure why.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (29/10/2012 8:59:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmityBodega1977

quote:

"Dual of the Fates" it's called - Williams at his absolute best. I know I'm in the minority but I actually loved The Phantom Menace and the other Prequels

High five to you sir! I also really enjoyed TPM and the other prequels too.Duel Of The Fates is indeed an epic track!

rich -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (4/11/2012 10:29:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmityBodega1977

quote:

Branching off this... totally disagree about the films in question, but more than happy to listen to the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack. I may even prefer Battle of Heroes to the Duel of the Fates. John Williams at his best.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI