RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Soundtracks

paul.mccluskey -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (29/8/2010 6:29:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Hannibal

/endofthread

Zimmer's score is excellent. I also enjoy the film very much.

Deviation -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 4:27:41 PM)

But...but....the film is crap.

Also, I don't find Dune terrible, just incomprehensible in a way it shouldn't be, but the soundtrack is really incredible.

vad3r -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 5:01:23 PM)

Am I the only one who thinks the soundtrack for the awesome Commando is one of the best things about the film? I never hear it mentioned when the film is getting praised.

Also, Mortal Kombat.

juanvasquez -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 6:30:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Am I the only one who thinks the soundtrack for the awesome Commando is one of the best things about the film? I never hear it mentioned when the film is getting praised.

You are no longer welcome [:(]

vad3r -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 6:38:06 PM)

But I love the film, the dialogue and characters too. I just feel the great score is never mentioned.

juanvasquez -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 6:50:22 PM)

True. But maybe that should be in the memorable music from mega awesome films thread. Which does not exist.

vad3r -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 6:58:32 PM)

But isn't Commando regarded as a terrible cheesy movie?

juanvasquez -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 7:21:13 PM)

Terribly awesome more like.

Of course it's cheesy, but that's part of the appeal.

chewbacasnapsak -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (5/9/2010 10:15:33 PM)

3 excellent John Williams scores for 3 terrible star wars prequels

darth silas -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (6/9/2010 2:37:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chewbacasnapsak

Nope.Three excellent John Williams scores for three very good Star Wars prequels.One of which(Revenge of The Sith)is better than A New Hope and Return Of the Jedi from the original trilogy.

BelfastBoy -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (7/9/2010 10:31:36 AM)

quote:

If you haven't already tracked them down, there's 'complete recording sessions' multiple disc bootlegs for episodes 1-3 out there. These contain the music as Williams originally composed and recorded it, rather than the butchery committed by Lucas in post-production as heard in the films and the official soundtracks. That's not to say that the music in the films is 'bad' though, far from it. But hearing the unreleased stuff gives a much greater appreciation of the composer's ambition and achievement. 

chewbacasnapsak -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (7/9/2010 4:20:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

Nope.Three excellent John Williams scores for three very good Star Wars prequels.One of which(Revenge of The Sith)is better than A New Hope and Return Of the Jedi from the original trilogy.

i stand by my original statement, Revenge of the Sith although peppered with good set pieces is a travesty the worst offender of which is the script, full of dialogue clunkier than an Albanian washing machine full of spanners. It gets two stars from me and one of them is just for the score.

ryan58327 -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (24/9/2010 6:55:37 PM)

I'm amazed I'm not the only person to think that Michael Small's Main Title for the soundtrack of Jaws The Revenge is a brilliant version of a much imitated piece of music.
Very intense and dramatic!

Sphinx -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (27/9/2010 7:39:50 PM)

Hold Me Thrill me Kiss Me Kill Me - U2 Batman Forever

Hook is a good film but the soundtrack is better especially 'Facing pan'

darth silas -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (27/9/2010 8:19:39 PM)

Recently got the new expanded score to Speed 2:Cruise Control by Mark Mancina.Film is pretty bad but the score rocks!

lukeyboy -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (29/9/2010 2:33:11 PM)

Eyes Wide shut. Shit movie, great atmospheric music - one note on a piano being played over-and-over-and-over!!

I don't even know if i'm being facetious or not![:D][&:]

Deviation -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (29/9/2010 5:01:42 PM)

You'd better be on the shit movie bit.

I nominate......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zffvmxvsav4

Sphinx -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (13/10/2010 7:41:46 PM)

Forgot to mention Cheveliar De Sangreal, that should have been in a historical, swords and sandals epic, a coronation, a vengeance moment something HUGE!

Thanks solely to Hans Zimmer it's part of one of the best film endings I've ever seen[:)]

Sphinx -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (15/10/2010 8:53:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daninsky

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Jerry Goldsmith had a habit of scoring films that were less than stellar but his work on them elevated them to another level.A few examples of this are..

Star Trek:The Motion Picture.
Supergirl.
Hollow Man.

I actually have a soft spot for Supergirl. :-)

But not to forget Deep Rising.
Great score for a not so great movie.

Dah, de-de dah, dah, dah-dah-dah dah, dah, dah, de-de dah dah dah dah dah dah......Ace score! Peter O'Toole with in his early fifties - he still looked good[;)]

Snake-Eyes -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (15/10/2010 9:38:06 PM)

ANY score by Jerry Goldsmith is pure Awesome regardless of how good or bad the film is.

ctu_special_agent -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (2/11/2010 3:01:59 PM)

This immediately sprung to mind, surprised nobody's mentioned it yet. Unless they have and I can't read. In which case I agree with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCK0AQ4tYYU

Sphinx -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (2/11/2010 6:38:22 PM)

I did, I have it on my ipod now, next up promentary and maybe God Moving over the face of the water - BTW this ain't for this list just my playlist![;)]

ctu_special_agent -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (2/11/2010 10:24:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

Forgot to mention Cheveliar De Sangreal, that should have been in a historical, swords and sandals epic, a coronation, a vengeance moment something HUGE!

Thanks solely to Hans Zimmer it's part of one of the best film endings I've ever seen[:)]

Oh yeah, there it is.

I agree totally, not sure I've ever seen such a bad movie with such a brilliant final scene.

Snake-Eyes -> Memorable music from terrible films. (14/12/2010 7:02:52 PM)

I seem to recall NATIONAL TREASURE had a pretty cool score. Film was crap though.

darth silas -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (17/12/2010 1:57:52 PM)

Conan The Barbarian.Sorry,im an Arnie fan and all,but i thought this film was extremely bad.Basil Pouledouris's score is one of his very best though.

Gimli The Dwarf -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (18/12/2010 6:06:42 AM)

I agree with that. Can't stand either Conan film but the music is great.

Also, Jerry Goldsmith's music for Legend, Ridley Scott's worst film by a considerable margin.

DJ Satan -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (18/12/2010 3:55:27 PM)

Tron: Legacy - The film was dull as anything but the music is awesome.

jojoruck -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (26/1/2011 1:31:24 PM)

There's plenty...

Jerry Goldsmith has a few in the 90s
First Knight
The Edge

James Newton Howard for M Night Whatsinem
The Last Airbender

Debney's "Cutthroat Island" must be counted as well as must Horner's "The Legend of Zorro" and perhaps Alan Silvestri's "The Mummy Returns."

Oh and very importantly Alexandre Desplat's brilliantly elegant score for the truly terrible "Twilight: New Moon."

All the best!

rich -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (30/1/2011 3:57:34 PM)

The Dune movie is a embarassing adaptation, but that main theme is pretty awesome. 

BelfastBoy -> RE: Memorable music from terrible films. (30/1/2011 9:55:52 PM)

Highlander 3 certainly qualifies as a terrible film, doesn't it? It's best feature though is heard over the end credits, a beautiful rendition of the traditional song 'Bonny Portmore' by Loreena McKennitt.

Jade is an equally appalling film, with a lazy and brief soundtrack by James Horner. Again though, Loreena McKennitt offers partial redemption with a spectacular song called 'The Mystic's Dream'. Listen to the song, ignore the film and Horner's soundtrack!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI