First Class Writer For X-Men (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Class Writer For X-Men (18/12/2009 9:32:46 AM)

Post your comments on this article

ramseyrocks -> (18/12/2009 9:32:46 AM)

Wasn't Josh Schwarz signed on to this to give it a brush up for the 'Gossip Girl/ The OC' generation? I'm not excited that Bryan Singer is on this coz his lasty few movies sucked big time!

lukeyboy -> RE: First Class Writer For X-Men (18/12/2009 10:17:04 AM)

I wonder which other characters they will incorporate into this story? In the comics as well as having Cyclops, Jean Grey and Beast as mentioned, we also have Angel and Iceman. If they're gonna stay in keeping with the story that Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner [:'(] have already established it wont be possible to have these characters in X-Men first class as they both came into the story much later than the others, and as teenagers (probably)!

Marvel Girl is also there in a limited capacity so they could incorporate her as well as a main protagonist maybe along with the likes of Forge (who i think could be an awesome character) Emma Frost, Quicksilver, The Scarlet Witch and Havok (Cyclop's brother).

Could be good methinks![:)]

exandakane -> First off, (18/12/2009 10:40:28 AM)

Superman Returns was a decent films, even if it wasn't the film people were hankering after, and certainly it has been a subject of derision but to me, a somewhat uncaring observer, it seemed like over zealous fanboys getting worked up over nothing.

Secondly, they need to build the story around a strong Cyclops and Jean Grey. Thingy Marsden and tother one just could not cut it as what should have been the founding partnership of the earlier films. But of course, the earlier films were far interested with trying to get Wolverine on screen, with good reason. But if this film is to succeed with any kind of dignity, it needs to present a solid bond between Scott and Jean.

chris wootton -> (18/12/2009 11:45:10 AM)

Basically, Bryan SInger is going to start a new story.. he'll build up interest in the first film then with the second he'll start a proper storyline and then....ditch it to make something else. I'm bored of the x-men now.

Ax8472 -> Whyyy? (18/12/2009 11:54:59 AM)

Too many x-men films based on the core characters have been made. It's turning sour and it's not going to last. They need to branch out and stay fresh.

James T -> (18/12/2009 1:14:01 PM)

How was the disdain for Superman Returns down to "overzealous fanboys"? It's not like it took liberties with the character or setting (unless you include casting a 22/23-year old as the Pulitzer-winning mother of a 7-year-old boy -- I guess Supes and the Pulitzer board like 'em young). It was just a pretty crap film!

Still, X2 was pretty good.

Fit Kisto -> RE: Whyyy? (18/12/2009 9:39:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ax8472

Too many x-men films based on the core characters have been made. It's turning sour and it's not going to last. They need to branch out and stay fresh.

Agreed, is anyone that invested in the movie versions of Storm and Cylops?

Plus they're going down the prequel route yet again and consequently being bound by the usual constraints (nobody important can die, nothing that surprising can happen).

Picking it up from the end of the third film would be a much better creative direction.

sagent33 -> hmmm.. (21/12/2009 9:03:34 PM)

i really not sure about this route of going for an origin story for the xmen and the house that xavier built... i can see a good story in the friendship and relationship of charles and magneto (but wont that be touched on in the magneto movie?) but i dont see what you can do with, as has been mentioned, the constraints of a prequel... i agree with what some are saying, that they should have just done a 4th movie.... and if the introduced a character such as forge or such that could interestingly alter the timeline i.e like star trek bringing back some of the main characters of the xmen and creating new opportunities for story! but regardless they wont, they will stick with their plan... hope singer has something up his sleeve.. he'll need it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI