The proposal & marriage thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic

borstal -> The proposal & marriage thread (18/12/2009 8:38:44 AM)

Finally Mrs Borstal is going to be asked to be truly MRS Borstal.

Im going to ask her on Christmas day if she will marry me. YES will be her answer as she mentions marriage at any opportunity which I always roll my eyes at and mumble that marriage isn't important. Thus Im thinking she will be quite surprised.

We are going to my sisters Christmas day whose house is next to a large country park. Im going to ask her to come for a walk with me just so we can have a little bit of time on the day for just the two of us. Before this Im getting a log from my work collegues farm and am going to carve the proposal into the wood and get my brother-in-law to place it at a spot we will walk to. Fingers crossed she will notice it! I may have to guide her to noticing it.

Wish me luck! She may have always decided to change her views on marriage. [:D]

Felix -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 8:42:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Im going to ask her on Christmas day if she will marry me. YES will be her answer as she mentions marriage at any opportunity which I always roll my eyes at and mumble that marriage isn't important. Thus Im thinking she will be quite surprised.

We are going to my sisters Christmas day whose house is next to a large country park. Im going to ask her to come for a walk with me just so we can have a little bit of time on the day for just the two of us. Before this Im getting a log from my work collegues farm and am going to carve the proposal into the wood and get my brother-in-law to place it at a spot we will walk to. Fingers crossed she will notice it! I may have to guide her to noticing it.

Wish me luck! She may have always decided to change her views on marriage. [:D]

Not if she secretly reads this forum. [:D]

Good luck.

Deviation -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 9:23:28 AM)

Good luck borstal.

BishopQuaker -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 10:14:50 AM)

The plan is nearly foolproof. Lets hope she goes along with it!

Hobbitonlass -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 10:22:23 AM)

Awww, how romantic [:)]  Good luck!

Deviation -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 10:49:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

borstal

romantic

I'm having some problems here grasping this post.[:D]

Twisted Kitty -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 10:51:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Echoed.  Thats so lovely.  Whoever said romance was dead, well you've just proved them wrong.  Good luck  [:)] 

Sledge Hammer -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:11:51 AM)

[:D]
quote:

Wish me luck! She may have always decided to change her views on marriage.

Whittle-tastic.

After the first hour of carving the message will read like this....

"WIL U MARY ME"

Thats if some dog hasnt ran away with the log of course.

good luck - I hope the renewing of the vows by carving faces into a rock face in Cumbria works out for you in 10 years [:D]

Pigeon Army -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:17:02 AM)

So THIS is why you left The Pixel Faces? Whatever happened to bros before hos, Borst? You've changed, man. You've changed.

I'm just joshin' ya. Good luck, me old china plate. I have the greatest confidence that your head will be screaming "WIN" for the remainder of that day. [:)]

Chief -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:22:10 AM)

Somebody's gonna get some...... [:D]

Great idea. Don't want to piss on your parade but what if it's pouring with rain and she doesn't want to go for a walk? What if your bro in-law puts the log in the wrong place? What if someone steals the log? What if you get to the log and some chav has changed the message to "Dave is a virgin"?

Anyway, all the best.

matty_b -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:23:26 AM)

Sounds very romantic. And girly [;)]

No, sounds great, good luck!

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:31:38 AM)

What if she sees it and says, "aww, look someone has left a proposal message on a log for their girlfriend!" and doesn't realise it's for her...? Or "omg, some eejit has misspelt their marriage proposal - I'd hate if that had been for me..."

Don't mind me, I'm a bit of a downer. [/judith]

borstal -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:32:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Great idea. Don't want to piss on your parade but what if it's pouring with rain and she doesn't want to go for a walk? What if your bro in-law puts the log in the wrong place? What if someone steals the log? What if you get to the log and some chav has changed the message to "Dave is a virgin"?

Anyway, all the best.

If its raining she'll have to put her bloody umbrella up! I'll drag her there if needs be. Anyway I'll get my Operation Flashpoint mates to scout the area and headshot anyone going near the log.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Whittle-tastic.

After the first hour of carving the message will read like this....

"WIL U MARY ME"

Thats if some dog hasnt ran away with the log of course.

good luck - I hope the renewing of the vows by carving faces into a rock face in Cumbria works out for you in 10 years [:D]

Half of my job involves cutting up wood so I have the tools...like some fevered McGuyver I'll ready up some tools to get the job done.

Chief -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:39:59 AM)

quote:

Anyway I'll get my Operation Flashpoint mates to scout the area and headshot anyone going near the log.

Tango down. "Fuck, it was Bortals Mrs!".

borstal -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 11:43:24 AM)

It will never happen. She's invisible ghillied up and and would ninja step behind any would be attacker and knife them dead.

Thats why I love her.

Harley Quinn -> RE: Thr proposal (18/12/2009 1:01:24 PM)

Good luck borstal it sounds very romantic!

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: The proposal (18/12/2009 2:19:30 PM)

Good luck, get someone to check your spelling before you carve it into the wood.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 12:00:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kilo_T_Mortal

Good luck, get someone to check your spelling before you carve it into the wood.

Good luck Borstal me old mucker. Hope it all goes well for ya.

Rinc -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 12:08:41 AM)

Good luck mate. Sounds like a great idea and i really hope it goes well.

adambatman82 -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 12:48:26 AM)

Congrats and good luck Borstal. Without wanting to highjack your thread too much, I actually asked my girlfriends dad for permission to pop the question myself tonight. Luckily he said yes, but it was the single most nerve-racking thing I've ever had to do! The girlf is expecting it, but not 'til after christmas, so I'm going to attempt to salvage some grain of surprise and ask her tomorrow instead. We go to feed the ducks at a local duck sanctuary every so often, so when we head down tomorrow morning Im going to do it surrounded by geese and the like.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 1:37:41 AM)

You should have trained the ducks to either a) quack "will you marry me?" or b) to create ripples in the water to spell the same.

Rhubarb -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 3:05:41 AM)

Good luck Borstal, and you too Adam.

borstal -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 9:25:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

I actually asked my girlfriends dad for permission to pop the question myself tonight.

Thats coming up for me. Possibly this weekend. [&:]

the anomaly -> RE: Thr proposal (19/12/2009 12:22:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Anyway, all the best.

If its raining she'll have to put her bloody umbrella up! I'll drag her there if needs be. Anyway I'll get my Operation Flashpoint mates to scout the area and headshot anyone going near the log.

[:D] That's more like the Borstal I know. Good luck hope it all goes to plan!

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 2:13:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

Congrats and good luck Borstal. Without wanting to highjack your thread too much, I actually asked my girlfriends dad for permission to pop the question myself tonight. Luckily he said yes, but it was the single most nerve-racking thing I've ever had to do! The girlf is expecting it, but not 'til after christmas, so I'm going to attempt to salvage some grain of surprise and ask her tomorrow instead. We go to feed the ducks at a local duck sanctuary every so often, so when we head down tomorrow morning Im going to do it surrounded by geese and the like.

Even further off topic, but do duck actually require a sanctuary? 

Funkyrae -> RE: The proposal (19/12/2009 3:20:42 PM)

Waterfowl and Wetland Protection areas.

Borstal I think what you're doing is really sweet and romantic. Good luck to you.

adambatman82 -> RE: The proposal (20/12/2009 12:52:28 AM)

So I asked my missus today and she said yep! The duck place proved the perfect locale, it was covered in snow and really quiet (due to the weather). Now I have to tell my parents. They're not the most supportive of folk so it will no doubt prove difficult.

Zatoichi -> RE: The proposal (20/12/2009 1:12:34 AM)

A proposal of marriage might actually seem tame compared to all the horror films you've shown her lately. [:D]

Deviation -> RE: The proposal (20/12/2009 1:13:29 AM)

Congratulations adam.

And all the best with your parents.

Pigeon Army -> RE: The proposal (20/12/2009 2:09:49 AM)

CONGRATULATIONS, ADAM! Majestic job, my good man. [:)][:)][:)]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI