Final Fantasy XIII (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

pedros -> Final Fantasy XIII (13/11/2009 8:23:42 PM)

So FFXIII, the only game that I would have considered getting a PS3 for (until it became multi-platformed), has got a european PS3 and xbox release date: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/final-fantasy-xiii-dated-for-us-and-europe

This excites me as it is my favourite gaming franchise of all time, I am currently battling through FFIV on the DS and am considering going through FFIX. What is even more interesting is that the theme song, that fans will remember the version in FFVIII when, if I remember correctly, the characters were in space, will be sung by x-factor illumni and mental-punch-bag Leona Lewis, which will bring a welcome western touch to the game.

I first saw a demo of this game when in Tokyo 2 years ago, and I didn't understand any of it except the awesome visuals. However I can't fucking wait for it - I don't even know if the combat is the traditional FF type or the FFXII gambit style, but I still can't wait. Anyone else looking forward to this gane as much as me?

directorscut -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (13/11/2009 8:49:45 PM)

[&:]

FFVIII's theme song was Faye Wong's Eyes on Me.

I really hope this game has the original Japanese track on it. Shockingly though one of the makers on the game when asked about it in an IGN interview said something like, "Gamers actually want that?" [:@]

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (13/11/2009 8:53:20 PM)

Having subs rather than dubs is usually the norm now, it even takes less effort than dubbing. I can't see the game only being in English language myself.

I am looking forward to this, but I don't want to get my hopes up as with most people I think the series hit it's peak with a previous entry (10 imo, 7 in most others)

pedros -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (13/11/2009 9:02:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

Having subs rather than dubs is usually the norm now, it even takes less effort than dubbing. I can't see the game only being in English language myself.

I am looking forward to this, but I don't want to get my hopes up as with most people I think the series hit it's peak with a previous entry (10 imo, 7 in most others)

I'm not sure which my favourite is - FFVII is obviously one of the greatest games ever and deserves all the acolades bestowed on it, but I also loved FFVIII at the time and though a disappointment to many I thought FFIX was just as good as it's 2 predecessors (sp?). FFX was good but Tidus's voice was fuck-off annoying, and FFXII had some of the best voice-acting ever but whilst playing it I just wanted to play some old-school FF. Though I am up for FF evolution so am lookinhg forward to seeing what they do with this one.

Drone -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 10:15:23 AM)

Depends; if it has the floppy haired emo teenage girl appealing gayness of VIII or X I will give it a miss.

HIM -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 10:28:03 AM)

I haven't really enjoyed a FF game since X. I could never get into XII despite spending over 20 hours on it. I hated the active battle system. I'm not into MMOs (except STO!) so XI was a non-starter and the less said about X-2 the better. And back in the day, as much as I loved VII (easily one of my all time favourite games) I couldn't get into VIII. I also never played IX though I hear it was good. So I'm really looking forward to this one. There's a sort of pattern going on (kinda):

VII = loved
VIII = dissapointed
IX = never played
X = loved
XII = dissapointed
XI = never played
------------------
XIII = should love!
IXV = should be dissapointed

(I know I've got XI and XII in the wrong order but that's just the way I played (or didn't play) them in! Plus it fits my system better.)

Macphist0 -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 1:59:30 PM)

I haven't played IV & V, but it ranks like this.

VI > VII > XII > VIII > III > X > IX > II > I.

No one cares about XI.

I think X & VIII were my faves though, since I spent forever on them doing everything, legit everything, collecting all the damn cards whatever it was called, destroying the ultima and the other weapon, then doing bliztball, ultimate weapons, dark aeons and all that on X, nuts.

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 2:06:35 PM)

Leona fucking Lewis...................

kata -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 2:14:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

Leona fucking Lewis...................

Yeah thats a wierd one, that whole reveal trailer seemed like a Leona lewis' new album advert, someone should give her a slap....wait....

Still really looking forward to this though, that chocobo riding stuff whetted my appetite.

Vid for those that haven't seen it:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dynasty-doc-final-fantasy/58996

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 2:25:58 PM)

Kinda lost my faith in it when when instead improving the battle system of XII they just ditched it. And I don't like some character designs, and the level shown in the demo they had released was one of the most headache inducing levels I ever played.

juanvasquez -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 2:56:39 PM)

I've never really enjoyed an FF game since X. Well if you don't count the remake of III on the DS.

But I don't think they will ever be as good as VII or VIII. But that doesn't matter.

I really like the look of this and hope it'll be a return to form. Gotta agree with Dev, Leona Fucking Lewis...

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 3:09:57 PM)

I love how we are all ignoring the existence of X-2.

HIM -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 3:18:44 PM)

quote:

I didn't!

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM a few posts up

...and the less said about X-2 the better.

See.

[EDIT] Also, what's wrong with Leona Lewis? She's a fantastic singer. Would ya'll be complaining if it was some obscure Japanese popette?

juanvasquez -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 3:28:35 PM)

Glen Medieros maybe...

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 3:50:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM

quote:

I didn't!

quote:

ORIGINAL: HIM a few posts up

...and the less said about X-2 the better.

See.

STOP REMINDING ME IT EXISTS!!!!

HIM -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 3:53:01 PM)

[image]http://www.gifgratis.net/immagini/PS2/F/Final_Fantasy_X2_DVD_Ps2.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.snesclassics.com/history/images/full/FF10-2.jpg[/image]

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 4:00:11 PM)

Cunt.

HIM -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (14/11/2009 4:06:57 PM)

[sm=ohmy.gif]

You said a bad word!

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (15/11/2009 2:37:04 AM)

Final Fantasy X-2?

Yeti -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (15/11/2009 9:18:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Glen Medieros maybe...

I locked two people in a room once, and relentlessly played "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" all night. Over and over. True story.

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (15/11/2009 1:47:51 PM)

(By order of play)

X - I never owned a PS1 so this was my first one, and imo the best of the lot. I thought the characters were really strong and the story was an emotional one - and Auron remains as the best FF character evar.

X-2 - Obviously rubbish when compared to X, but it was a fun enough game and I enjoyed getting all of the dress spheres and shooting for 100%

VII - Bit late to the party but I eventually played through this. If i'd played it when it first came out I may have rated it higher, but the dated graphics lets it down (again, just bad timing really)

VIII - Big improvement with the graphics and it felt a lot more adult. There are a few shit segments that could have been removed but it was fun enough.

IX - Really enjoyed this one as well even though I played it half a dozen years after release. It's probably the easiest FF game ever, the final boss got demolished once i'd levelled up my characters.

XII - I had a 360 by the time this was released in the UK and it was my farewell PS2 game. I got through it, but the whole time I was hating the non-HD aged graphics and wanting to jump back onto my 360. I also really didn't like the battle system. Bring back the sphere grid from X!

the anomaly -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (15/11/2009 3:33:38 PM)

I've never been able to get into the FF series. When I was younger I was oblivious to RPG's. So missed out on the early ones. I stuck with Nintendo's N64 so never played the PS games.

I bought a PS2 quite late and even later I got X and X2 as gifts. Just never got into them. I had just completed Dragon Quest Journey of the Cursed King (which I loved). But I did not want to drown hours and hours and hours into another RPG. Once I looked at that leveling board on X I just could not be bothered. There are a lot of JRPG conventions I hate also so I just could not stick it out.

Then  I got my Xbox 360 and never looked back at them. I've played other JRPG's since but still have not finished them. But after those I do hope to one day just complete one FF game. Then I will probaly never play a JRPG again. Ever.  

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (1/12/2009 9:00:19 PM)

[image]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/12/gam_ffxiiiboxart_580.jpg[/image]

The Box Art has been revealed. I quite like it, most of the US Covers are flashy for the FF series. We usually get white backgrounds with the title :)

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (18/12/2009 12:48:38 PM)

First 10 minutes of gameplay:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8833_en.html

The CG is top notch as always but I really like how the battles flow in/out of the cut scenes. I won't say seemlessly as there is some delay but I was surprised not to see the screen shatter when an enemy battle commenced. I really like the music and this is shaping up to meet my expectations[:D]

Possibly even an FFX beater?

directorscut -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (18/12/2009 2:26:44 PM)

Aha. PS3 version of the cover is cropped. 360 version FTW.

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (27/12/2009 9:53:11 AM)

Final Fantasy 14 to return to Online....

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/

WTF![:@]

Edit: PS3 and PC only it seems

Deviation -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (27/12/2009 1:28:49 PM)

Yeah that sucks.

Chojin -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (8/1/2010 7:05:53 PM)

gametrailers JP preview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/import-preview-final-fantasy/60558?type=flv

-Levelling is like the sphere grid in FFX (yay)
-No Penalty for dieing in battle.....

Seems all good to me so far!

Edit: anyone know of any places to pre-order from that are cheap and reliable? I will be booking a few days off from work for this.

First Online Review:

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/articles/3743-electronic-theatre-import-review-final-fantasy-xiii

ChickMagnet -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (10/1/2010 7:13:29 PM)

Also with regards to pre-ordering, does anyone know if when you're pre-ordering from shopto if they charge your card at the time of pre-order or when they despatch the game? I can't afford it right now but will have cash on release date

juanvasquez -> RE: Final Fantasy XIII (10/1/2010 7:17:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Also with regards to pre-ordering, does anyone know if when you're pre-ordering from shopto if they charge your card at the time of pre-order or when they despatch the game? I can't afford it right now but will have cash on release date

All on-line stores I know of don't charge you for pre-orders until they are dispatched.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI