RE: Which films have made you cry? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Rockin Ricky Rialto -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 9:21:08 PM)

bit embarrassing, but i am man...
the orphanage (that ending)
a league of their own (with the picture of tom hanks and the music and old geena davis)
magnolia (wise up)
armergeddon (bye bruce, hello 'i dont want to miss a thing')
the alternative ending of sixth sense
she's having a baby (just after the birth and the best kate bush song ever)
e.t. every bloody time
crash (is she dead??? already said)
parenthood (the babies final scene and the music)
man on the moon.
the last few mins of trains, planes and automobiles.
the first 15 mins of jersey girl (but its J-lo?)
will goes for a drive and leaves chucky to just wait by his dorr like he dreamed at the end of good will hunting (did that sound a bit gay????)
and yes THAT episode of scrubs, plus tons more from scrubs.

BoDixen -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 10:29:05 PM)

Lassie (one of them - can't remember which) when I was in Kindergarten.

None since really - but been misty eyed and moved, but never to outright tears.

scary_ice -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (12/11/2009 6:12:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scottfish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward Nygma

Completely off-topic, why the hell have I been staring at Scottfish's Dude avatar for 12 minutes?

because its fantastic? [:D]

Yes it is - but I'd also like to give kudos to Steflon for that fantastic Spaced avatar. I find that no matter how long I stare at it it still makes me laugh.[:D]

scary_ice -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (12/11/2009 6:16:40 PM)

Getting back on topic Up is such a beautiful film, I thought it was damn near perfect. Funny and terribly moving, I had a lump in my throat at the beginning and the end.

Also, I'm surprised Brokeback Mountain isn't getting more mentions. Ledger's performance is so moving - by the end with him in the trailer with that little photo in the closet, Jesus I was a wreck[:)]

Edward Nygma -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (12/11/2009 7:35:53 PM)

Indeed back on topic, I must admit that when Jack Nicholson reads the letter at the end of About Schmidt and cries...I was very close to wheeping like a two year old with a booboo.

Payne by name -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (16/11/2009 7:24:30 PM)

I have previously written individual reasons for the following films but it could be a little long for my first few tentative steps here, so I'll just go with the titles

Red Dawn
Mousehunt
Rocky II
The Elephant Man
Forrest Gump
Titanic
The Green Mile
The Last Samurai
Wall E
The Butterfly Effect: Directors Cut
Bubba Ho Tep
The Iron Giant
Silent Running
SeaBiscuit
Terminator 2
Contact
Rain Man
Edward Scissorhands

kumar -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (16/11/2009 9:11:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scary_ice

Getting back on topic Up is such a beautiful film, I thought it was damn near perfect. Funny and terribly moving, I had a lump in my throat at the beginning and the end.

Also, I'm surprised Brokeback Mountain isn't getting more mentions. Ledger's performance is so moving - by the end with him in the trailer with that little photo in the closet, Jesus I was a wreck[:)]

Yeah, the ending to Brokeback was quite upsetting, though im not sure how it would have worked out otherwise because some tool spoiled the ending. I watched Up the other day and that is the film that has made me cry most, i literally had tears running down my cheeks.

beneb -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (16/11/2009 9:18:21 PM)

People have already mentioned "Up", but I started bubbling even before the montage, at the short film "Partly Cloudy". That was brilliant.

With slightly more shame, also the ending of "Bicentennial Man".

jedi fu -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 3:10:38 AM)

Outpost. a Nazi Zombie flick from my home country which sucks! Well done boys, please don't do another as you give us all a bad name! Nice try 'n all but please . . give the money to those that can not those that say they can but can't.

Squidward Hark Bugle -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 5:24:35 AM)

Ordinary People
The Lion King

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 7:59:08 AM)

Yep as said above the film that had me getting my man tears on was Up.

The first 10 mins was simply devestating. There are at least 4 other times where I was choking up.

And to also reiterate what was said above, what a truly beautiful movie it is. There are scenes in it that I would love to just pause the cinema print the screen and hang on my wall. I especially love the scene with the little girl playing in her room when the house goes by, the whole room just lights up with the colour of the balloons....

Simply breathtaking

robby p -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 7:10:16 PM)

Mighty Joe Young 9the newest one with Bill Paxton.The line ...we have some money for joe ...gets me every time

MI Cruise -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 8:38:21 PM)

Yes the Pixar short Partly Cloudy for me as well, Pixar have again pulled off a successful short.
And in Up the montage at the beginning it was like the perfect love story done in under 5 minutes.

Indio -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 11:18:12 PM)

Don't know if its a man thing, but I tend to cry more watching films at home than at the cinema, but off the top of my head I'll admit to the following making me blub in recent times -

In America
The New World
Once
The Singer
Paris
In Bruges
Young Victoria (still not sure why, its not exactly a secret that Albert dies a long time before Victoria (sorry if thats a spoiler...[;)])

scary_ice -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (17/11/2009 11:33:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indio

Don't know if its a man thing, but I tend to cry more watching films at home than at the cinema

Yeah I think I try my best not to shed actual tears in public but I'm more comfortable in my own home doing it! I was struggling with Up for sure. Also the end of Pan's Labyrinth.
Oh and have to agree with Payne by Name on The Iron Giant. How did I forget that one? Absolutely love that film and everytime it gets to the "Superman" moment I can fell myself welling up.... goddamn kids films!

jhoro115 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (25/11/2009 6:45:29 PM)

[image]http://thegarbagemanandtheambulance.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/sixstringsamurai.jpg[/image]

I don't know why, but I really felt touched by the ending of this film, that I almost burst into tears. I mean, watching that little boy in Buddy's clothes, katana and guitar persuing his rock destiny in a futuristic Las Vegas....I don't know man.....but it brakes my rock 'n' heart...

EDIT: That montage in the beginning of Up made my heart completely shatter.

TheSpleen -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (15/1/2010 3:36:33 PM)

Green Mile (Ending)
The Notebook (Ending)
Magnolia (Wise up)
Milk (The ending)
Assassination of Richard Nixon (Odd choice but Sean Penn just blew me away,i believed it all so much)
Also once saw a 6ft 4 bodybuilder crying over Finding Nemo.

steflon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (16/1/2010 3:23:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: genejoke

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

Moulin Rouge (i've been told many many times that this me less of a man, but when ewan turns back in the theater an starts singing back to nicole...)

Ok here goes.
I'm sure I cried at Moulin Rouge.
I don't think I've ever managed to make it through John Hannah reading "Stop all the Clocks"
Gladiator got me at the end. Epic music, the lot.
I have a suspicion I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan, although that may have been me testing myself to see if I could/would. 
Quite why I'd test myself about that I'm not sure!
Blimey, that was a long time ago!

Oh and obviously Forrest Gump. Surely I'm not alone there?

I can't remember if there's been anything else but I'm sure I'll think of something...

Moulin rouge is enough to make anyones eyes water.  fecking terrible film.

[image]http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/son_i_am_disappoint.gif[/image]

darth silas -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (16/1/2010 5:40:39 PM)

Pearl Harbour.When it was over,i realised i would never,ever get those three hours of my life back.

Ditto Transformers,Superman Returns,and LOTR.

TheRealScarlett -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (22/1/2010 2:02:22 PM)

Most recently, the montage in Up, particularly the Ellie loses her baby part. Oh gosh. 

No one else ever mentions this one ... but Dangerous Liasons, at the end where John Malcovich dies and then Michelle Pfieffer dies because he has, and it is all so uneccessary. He was such a bstard but to die when he was just becoming to be 'not' a bastard, tragic. Ifyswim.

Also, Schindlers List, K9 where the doggy dies - lol - Beaches ( lol again!) Steel Magnolias, ashamed to say I did cry at Titanic (only seen it once) but don't think I would if I saw it again. Also The Last Samurai, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.  I cried at SATC where Carrie is heartbroken after being dumped by Big too, what a girl. Tee hee.Oh loads more.

When people die in films, its not THEM actually dying that makes me cry, its the reaction of their loved ones, when they're all like 'Nooooooooo!!!!' Do you know what I mean? 

Does anyone ever watch Bollywood films? Man, some of those films are REAL tearjerkers, Hollywood has nothing on them. Once was a 4 hour thing, I felt exhausted afterwards, like I'd ran a marathon. It was melodrama overload!! ( v good though!)

I generally try to stear away from tearjerkers these days tbh. Everyone keeps recommending I read The Lovely Bones, but I don't dare, I know it'll stay with me for ages. [&:]  

The Waco Kid -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (22/1/2010 10:23:59 PM)

i have a lot of guilty pleasure films that make me blub.
sleepless in seattle
you've got mail
and other chick flicks
but i have noticed in the last couple of years since turning 40 (i'm now 42) that i start blubbing at just about everything.
it doesn't take much to start it either and it makes it bloody worse when the wifes in the room and i am trying to hide it.
i have been told by friends that this is actually quite normal at my age.
trouble is next i'll probably be incapable of feeding myself and sitting in my own shit oh the joys of old age.
[;)]

hatebox -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (23/1/2010 4:56:36 PM)

There's a bit in Tokyo Story where the old man, sitting on a beach with his wife having been cast aside by his children, smiles to her and says "let's go home."

I've no idea why but that really got me.

krudler -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (23/1/2010 7:39:38 PM)

The Muppet Christmas Carol, sick and invalid child frog muppets are heartbreaking

TrendMeUp -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (23/1/2010 8:14:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hatebox

There's a bit in Tokyo Story where the old man, sitting on a beach with his wife having been cast aside by his children, smiles to her and says "let's go home."

I've no idea why but that really got me.

Ozu is good at jerking the tears. The ending of Late Spring wrecks me.

UTB -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (23/1/2010 8:57:45 PM)

What Dreams May Come (ending)
Lawn Dogs (ending, the music and visuals are amazing)
Dean Spanley (most of it)
Shadowlands (all of it)

matthewforan -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (23/1/2010 9:16:54 PM)

Field of Dreams

somekindof_battery -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/1/2010 10:21:06 AM)

Star Trek had me all misty eyed at the start, which totally caught me off guard having seen it about 3 times already. I was watching it with my sister, who hadn't seen it, and my peepers were watering as Kirk's Dad died.

I was left puzzed, wondering what this salty discharge dripping from my eyes was.

Biggus -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/1/2010 10:38:17 AM)

Well on Thursday for the first time I actually cried in the cinema. I tried to hold it back as I could feel the tears welling up but just couldn't keep it in. It was the final 15 minutes of The Road.

[sm=sad06.gif]

KaeruJim -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/1/2010 1:01:28 PM)

Hehe comedy thread. My wife puts Margaret Thatcher to shame, but she did blub at Marley and Me for some reason.

Titanic and Nemo made me uncomfortable, where I had to stare hard at the ceiling and think of old people to prevent hara-kiri inducing embarrassment in front of gf/wifey/general public. Nemo was helped by laughing at some other huge bloke blubbing next to his son a couple of seats away.

Watership Down is my nemesis, puts the fear of God into me and not looking forward to first viewing with my daughter.

Gladiator got me a bit at the end, he was so heroic....

The Fall got me a bit more recently - think being a Dad completely ruins you to any storyline involving children.

I really am a big softie; even bits like the end of Corpse Bride get me a bit.

steflon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/1/2010 3:03:44 PM)

got a little bit teary at the end of Let The Right One In, wasnt expecting that!

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI