RE: Which films have made you cry? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

bobatim -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 12:01:41 PM)

Not saying this to sound like a tough guy or anything, but I never usually cry at films. Until last night that is. The beginning of Up is so sad! I'd heard is was a bittersweet seqeunce but geez I was in buckets. Thank goodness the 3d glasses were there to hide the fact.[:D]. But it was weird because one minute I was crying and the next I'm laughing my head off so hard that my chest hurt! I did well up at the end as well.

MathewRed -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 6:38:26 PM)

In my childhood, I cried at 'Bambi' every single time I watched it.

In my current stage of adolescene I cried at 'Cast Away'. I became very attached to that volley ball.

'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Up' also caused a few tears. I'm a man dammit!

wgamador -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 7:13:52 PM)

Slumdog Millionaire also made me tear up at the theatre.

Well if you have a lost love or someone who you can never get out of your heart---then the end will probably get you.
Nothing sadder than a broken heart.

Jasper_29 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 9:50:52 PM)

A Beautiful Mind.

At various moments actually, but the blubbering usually starts when Nash has his electro-shock therapy.

boristhespie -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 10:02:42 PM)

I cried when I watch a British film called Bob's Weekend. It was so shit I felt so upset that I'd spend 15 quid at the Festival to see it.

Marwood -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (29/10/2009 11:32:57 AM)

The last scenes of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Every bloody time, even though I know what's coming.

drewthompson1979 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (29/10/2009 12:05:53 PM)

I'm normally pretty good with holding it together during the sad bits in films, but The English Patient caught me completely by surprise. Bawled like a sissy at the bit when Ralph Fiennes comes back to the cave.

At the other end of the spectrum, the bit in Blazing Saddles where Gene Wilder says "Good Luck" in a high-pitched voice never fails to make me cry laughing.

Gareth1971 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (29/10/2009 12:59:18 PM)

Theres a few for me, namely:

Big Fish
Let the Right One In
Up

Theres probably more, but I can't think of them right now...

Ultimo Lee -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (31/10/2009 1:34:57 AM)

I haven't cried for a while. I cried watching Big Fish, Finding Neverland, Taegukgi and on the second watch Man On The Moon.

I haven't cried during a film all year.......Yet

JIm R -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (2/11/2009 8:28:29 PM)

I'm an extremely emotionally led concoctive mix of a bloke and for various reasons do most of my theraputic work using the power of the cinematic glory of the medium of celluiod. *

* I cry a lot at films [:D] Am emotionally intelliegent (for a bloke)

So many to choose from from various stages of my life for various reasons but most recently Up on Sunday afternoon, achingly beautiful film.

MovieKid -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (2/11/2009 10:37:47 PM)

The first film I ever cried at was My Dog Skip.

hiptobesquare_x -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (3/11/2009 4:52:09 PM)

There are stacks of films that make me cry. I think I fulfill the girly stereotype, unfortunately.

The last film that made me cry in the cinema was Up. At several different points, damn you Pixar!
The last film I watched on dvd that made me cry was The 400 Blows. It kills me every time.

TattySplash -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (7/11/2009 12:41:54 PM)

shawshank redemption
the two towers
return of the king
saving private ryan
gladiator
and who can honestly say they didnt cry at bens funeral on scubs

steflon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (7/11/2009 5:31:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TattySplash

and who can honestly say they didnt cry at bens funeral on scubs

FRIKKEN SPOILER WARNING BRO [:D]

(and yes i just this moment realised the same could be said to me about an earlier Forrest Gump comment.....which is why i shoutin that at mself too)

JohnChard -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (7/11/2009 6:20:31 PM)

One of my favourite posts I`ve ever read on an internet forum.

Absolutely spot on, cinema is designed to illicit responses from its audience, predominantly an emotional one. Much like yourself I have been reduced to tears for a myriad of reasons, sad, happy and even anger. Perhaps not everyone can fully imerse themselves in a picture, to devote 100% undivided attention, but I do and quite often the release garnered is a very special one.

Some films are shit of course, but the reason I love cinema so much is that great films it can tap into you and lay you bare. Regardless of if you are a 14 stone middle aged male like myself, or an 11 stone young intellectual, emotional release thru tears is actually as macho as it gets.

Bravo Sir.

rourkes drift -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (8/11/2009 10:05:35 PM)

Saving Private Ryan,Donnie Darko,Braveheart(both the music and the freedom scream ),Forrest Gump,Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind,Field Of Dreams,This Years Love and the tiny dancer moment in Almost Famous.

hiptobesquare_x -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (9/11/2009 12:40:06 AM)

I'm with you on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, that film makes me cry like a baby. Ahh Joel, if only you were real... [&o]

[:)]

Vitku -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (9/11/2009 9:25:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hiptobesquare_x

I'm with you on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, that film makes me cry like a baby. Ahh Joel, if only you were real... [&o]

[:)]

Let me join club with you fellas. I have seen it like 4 times and it's still as affecting as it was the first time. Marvellous movie, really.

Edward Nygma -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (9/11/2009 11:05:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobatim

Not saying this to sound like a tough guy or anything, but I never usually cry at films. Until last night that is. The beginning of Up is so sad! I'd heard is was a bittersweet seqeunce but geez I was in buckets. Thank goodness the 3d glasses were there to hide the fact.[:D]. But it was weird because one minute I was crying and the next I'm laughing my head off so hard that my chest hurt! I did well up at the end as well.

I must say Up did give me a lump in my throat. But by the time those dogs were flying the planes I'd thankfully recovered.

It's kind of embarassing but I was watching Martian Child yesterday, which was a bit "meh" but very watchable regardless. And I almost wept during the dog incident...
Almost...who am I kidding...

Skillgannon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (9/11/2009 2:15:34 PM)

I wouldn't say these caused actual crying but welling up, most definately -

Superman - tears of joy when he first shows Superman to the public
The Orphange - the ending
The Curious case of Benjamin Button - the ending
Slumdog Millionaire - the ending

bartonthink -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (9/11/2009 3:00:30 PM)

Ok Ang Lee's Hulk. The flashback where the daughter is left in the Cafe all alone. Every time makes me well up. To be fair when I first watched it I had just had a daughter so thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

superjaysus -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (10/11/2009 3:39:39 PM)

spiderman 3..didnt think they could make a film as bad as batman & robin but i suppose anything is possible! reduced me to tears..

Scottfish -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (10/11/2009 3:50:07 PM)

Amelie and Big Fish always get me, every bloody time. I can't even watch big fish in company anymore as thats proper weeping!!

genejoke -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (10/11/2009 6:47:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

I think I probably cried with laughter at Hot Shots...

I did, pretty much everytime i watch it.  I actually rewatched part deux recently, i originally thought it was pants, but for reason it seemed much better this time around.

Edward Nygma -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 8:20:27 AM)

Completely off-topic, why the hell have I been staring at Scottfish's Dude avatar for 12 minutes?

Scottfish -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 10:03:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward Nygma

Completely off-topic, why the hell have I been staring at Scottfish's Dude avatar for 12 minutes?

because its fantastic? [:D]

Edward Nygma -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 10:18:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scottfish

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward Nygma

because its fantastic? [:D]

lol It sure is. I actually remember rewinding that scene on the dvd at some point.

"Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Miss.Cullen -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 12:38:23 PM)

Oh my...I cry at literally everything! I have even cried in class when we watched Into the Wild :')
I even cry at the short little introductions to Disney films because they make me so happy!
Again, most recently I cried in Up, both times I saw it in the cinemas [:)]
Armageddon is a good tear-jerker for me.
The Fox and the Hound- where the old woman leaves the fox in the woods! It's his little face that does it for me  [:(]
I cry at most films, and i'm not ashamed :) I like a good tear-jerker, lets it all out at once when you can't cry in life :)

pocketrocket -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 1:12:28 PM)

Man Without a Face gets me every time...

others already mentioned:
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Saving Private Ryan
One Flew over the Cuckoos nest
Finding Neverland

Others:
Last couple of episodes from Band of Brothers (not film I know, but very bloody powerful).
Control - took me days to get this out my head.

and...

[embarrassed] Jerry McGuire, you know the bit...[/embarrassed]

genejoke -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (11/11/2009 4:42:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

Moulin Rouge (i've been told many many times that this me less of a man, but when ewan turns back in the theater an starts singing back to nicole...)

Ok here goes.
I'm sure I cried at Moulin Rouge.
I don't think I've ever managed to make it through John Hannah reading "Stop all the Clocks"
Gladiator got me at the end. Epic music, the lot.
I have a suspicion I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan, although that may have been me testing myself to see if I could/would. 
Quite why I'd test myself about that I'm not sure!
Blimey, that was a long time ago!

Oh and obviously Forrest Gump. Surely I'm not alone there?

I can't remember if there's been anything else but I'm sure I'll think of something...

Moulin rouge is enough to make anyones eyes water.  fecking terrible film.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI