RE: Which films have made you cry? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Lydia_H -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/10/2009 5:01:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

Shawshank - Brookes. God that's heavy.

I like a good cry at an emotionally devastating film. Can anyone recommend any? I mean, ones that make you so upset that you shouldn't be around cutlery for the next 24 hours.

I think I have a problem.

Requiem for a Dream?

somekindof_battery -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/10/2009 5:37:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

[image]http://api.ning.com/files/FyMQYtG2gHPVU59TgwzrVh5mae4YN8JKYGyPlPR3l3N9iSXapoJ71Hda8mgeOG32M7Bo*eF63VKQ3RFmvjANT2M2NE-n53ut/img_3675_rockybalboa_450x360.jpg[/image]

I watched this with a couple of flat mates on drunken night and we were all nearly welling up at the very end.

PANICATTHEJIMBO -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/10/2009 7:26:40 PM)

The one I remember most from being a kid......Bambi!! You all know, the bit with the mum...welling up now....and dumbo! Fecking disney man......

Timmy_Brisby_05 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/10/2009 8:00:15 PM)

[image]http://www.sugarzine.com/site_07.08/pics/200px-Tuvalu-cover.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.orgs.bucknell.edu/hilltop/updated%20page/Underground.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_l/luna_papa.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img2.allposters.com/images/mmpo/144QUAD.jpg[/image]

flufferty -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (24/10/2009 9:06:21 PM)

Hello I'm new. This may make you worry about me.

Crash. When for a tiny split second I thought the little girl got shot.
The Green Mile
ET
Ratatouille when he goes back to his childhood
The Champ
And I once cried at an episode of the Simpson's but perhaps we won't go into that

boristhespie -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (25/10/2009 1:13:42 AM)

The Champ. I cried buckets when I saw that when it first came out. I was young.What can I say.

Badgers -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 1:22:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: flufferty

The Green Mile
ET
The Champ
And I once cried at an episode of the Simpson's but perhaps we won't go into that

Oh I disagree, I think we should definitely delve further into that, what happened in the episode?

darko18 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 1:29:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Badgers

quote:

The Green Mile
ET
The Champ

Oh I disagree, I think we should definitely delve further into that, what happened in the episode?

Has to be the one where Homer eats poisonous sushi and then Marge finds him slumped on the couch in the morning. [;)]

Other than that....all the episodes from the last 8 or so years have made me cry. Ba-zing!

shool -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 3:38:24 PM)

Wall-E
Battlestar Galactica (i know its not a film, but this has given me a lump in my throat a good few times)

steflon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 4:19:05 PM)

Dancer in the Dark, at the end when Bjork is singing acapella

Moulin Rouge (i've been told many many times that this me less of a man, but when ewan turns back in the theater an starts singing back to nicole...)

Once...pretty much everytime Markita Irglova is singing

The Green Mile
i watched Its My Party a few years ago, seem to remember welling up at that

EDIT. forgot about Girl Interrupted, that got me weepin a bit too

flufferty -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 5:03:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Green Mile
ET
The Champ

Has to be the one where Homer eats poisonous sushi and then Marge finds him slumped on the couch in the morning. [;)]

Other than that....all the episodes from the last 8 or so years have made me cry. Ba-zing!

It was the one when Grandpa Simpson came into some money and finally gave it all away to the old peoples home. That's really not sad enough is it?

britesparc -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 5:55:34 PM)

I teared up the first time I saw the episode when Homer first met Marge...

They're driving along in a car, and Homer starts crying.  Marge asks why he's crying and he says "In a minute you'll stop the car.  And then I'll have to hug you and kiss you and I won't be able to ever let you go."

Awwwww!

As for films, recently I bawled my eyes out at Up, which probably isn't surprising.  But more embarassingly, I've seen What Dreams May Come twice for some reason and both times I cried at the end.

/cries at the drop of a hat.  Poor hat!

captainrentboy -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 6:29:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

I always cry at the beginning credits to Superman 2 - reminds me of being a kid and how much i miss it!![:(]

I'm not the only Superman cryer then, thank God. I watched Superman 2 on TV the other night and inexplicably kept welling up, like you it must be from remembering how much I freakin' adored all of them as a kid, C.Reeve was my bloody idol, the scene just after he puts his arm in the fire and reveals his identity got to me most, the awe inspiring soundtrack doesn't help. [:(]
Other films would be
The Green Mile
Dragon: Bruce Lee Story (Another hero of mine growing up)
........Somewhere In Time

MB2 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 6:30:40 PM)

Rain Man. Just heartbreaking.

The opening 10 minutes of True Romance gets me a little bit sentimental.

MB2 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 6:32:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Green Mile
ET
The Champ

It was the one when Grandpa Simpson came into some money and finally gave it all away to the old peoples home. That's really not sad enough is it?

No real shame in that, it was quite a sad moemnt. Wouldn't say I cried at it though.

I did shed a wee tear at the end of And Maggie Makes Three. With the pictures, and the sign...

Excuse me

flufferty -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 8:10:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MB2

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Green Mile
ET
The Champ

No real shame in that, it was quite a sad moemnt. Wouldn't say I cried at it though.

I did shed a wee tear at the end of And Maggie Makes Three. With the pictures, and the sign...

Excuse me

So pleased I'm not the only sap, I mean sensitive soul round here then.

Invader_Ace -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 8:50:35 PM)

Think we've had this thread before.
Anyway, the end of Short Circuit 2, every time..  After Jonny 5 has been rolling through town, leaking acid everywhere determined to stop Oscar, even though he knows he's damaged. Then he swings down and catches him and then he's....dead....and the paramedic..is...shocking him with...the thing and the asian guy is....the telling him not...to stop...and   *blub*

krudler -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (26/10/2009 9:43:56 PM)

The Simpsons has plenty of teary moments, for me:

Homer sitting on the bonnet of his car watching the stars when his mother leaves again
Maggies baby pictures "do it for her"
Maggies first word, not the "daddy" bit, but just before, when Homer says "y'know Maggie the sooner kids talk the sooner they talk back, I hope you never say a word..." Castalenetta's line delivery is brilliant in that scene, and its when Homer is at his most human, a well meaning boob of a devoted dad, nowadays he's a retarded psychopath.
Bart getting an F and breaking down in front of Krabapple
Grandpa using the money Bea leaves him to do up the retirement home "come on in friends, dignity is on me"

I have something in my eye....

AngryDude92 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 2:58:58 AM)

[image]http://media.bladezone.com/contents/fan/submissions/doug/Silent_Running_Poster.jpg[/image]
So sad at the end[:(]

[image]http://thepaintedman.brookiellen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/freddy-got-fingered_flr.jpg[/image]
Right at the end credits, I don't know what it was,
Maybe the bad jokes, hidiouse consept or just awfulness
all I know is this film is so bad it brought me past anger into tears[:(]
It feels better to share

CORLEONE -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 9:22:29 AM)

[image]http://wiredandcrazykids.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lion-king1.jpg[/image]

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

i stole your car -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 9:35:54 AM)

Dead Poet's Society :(

Also it's not FILM but the only other time I remember crying in front of the TV was the season finale of Six Feet Under.

Badgers -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 10:34:42 AM)

I cried when Michael J Fox left spin city (Due to his illness). That was incredibly emotional...

BishopQuaker -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 10:41:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

Moulin Rouge (i've been told many many times that this me less of a man, but when ewan turns back in the theater an starts singing back to nicole...)

Ok here goes.
I'm sure I cried at Moulin Rouge.
I don't think I've ever managed to make it through John Hannah reading "Stop all the Clocks"
Gladiator got me at the end. Epic music, the lot.
I have a suspicion I cried at the end of Saving Private Ryan, although that may have been me testing myself to see if I could/would. 
Quite why I'd test myself about that I'm not sure!
Blimey, that was a long time ago!

Oh and obviously Forrest Gump. Surely I'm not alone there?

I can't remember if there's been anything else but I'm sure I'll think of something...

matthewforan -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 10:54:22 AM)

quote:

I cried when Michael J Fox left spin city (Due to his illness). That was incredibly emotional...

God yeah. That was one of the few times i've cried about a tv show, The West Wing and Band of Brothers too. As for movies there haven't been many since the Lion King since I was about 9.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 11:22:03 AM)

The only film I can remember crying at is The Untouchables.  It's Morricone's music that does it for me each time.

Other than that, from Breaking Point on to the end of the series, Band of Brothers turned me into an emotional wreck.  The final interview with the real Dick Winters (you know the one) made me actually make some odd choking sobbing sound.

steflon -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 12:23:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

oh man, when he's talking to Jenny at the end sayin how he cant read their son a bedtime story....*dabs at eyes* no no i'm fine....i was cuttin onions earlier

BishopQuaker -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (27/10/2009 12:47:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steflon

quote:

ORIGINAL: BishopQuaker

oh man, when he's talking to Jenny at the end sayin how he cant read their son a bedtime story....*dabs at eyes* no no i'm fine....i was cuttin onions earlier

That's the one.

MB2 -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 2:52:52 AM)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. 

shool -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 9:24:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MB2

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. 

Yes indeed.

Swoz_MK -> RE: Which films have made you cry? (28/10/2009 9:37:46 AM)

Christ, everything seems to get me going. Even Chasing Amy, bizarrely. In TWO places no less.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI