The Cove (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Cove (19/10/2009 1:34:43 AM)

Post your comments on this article

monkeyhumour -> Essential Viewing (19/10/2009 1:34:43 AM)

I'm a New Zealander who saw this at the Auckland Film Festival 2009

It shows the tradgedy that is happening in the Japan and the people involved and also the people in Japan saying they're against it and some fighting it (so it is very balanced and not one-sided)

It shows the brave american heroes exposing the act that is still going on as you read this and the documentary is moving, graphic, thrilling, original and some laughs with some triumph at the end that had the theartre cheering.

DrCox -> RE: Essential Viewing (18/2/2010 11:24:41 AM)

Just written my first blog post about The Cove. I'd love you guys to check it out & let me know what you think.

Jess

http://nerd-like-me.blogspot.com/

spamandham -> RE: Essential Viewing (18/2/2010 11:39:55 PM)

I love dolphins...

They taste just like chicken!

Seriously though, good film.

hpmoviefan777 -> RE: Essential Viewing (22/2/2010 6:30:56 PM)

i have not seen the Cove yet but i cant weight too,i watched the trailer online and read several reveiws.from that i feel that the story is very meaningfull(i was already aware of dolphin issue in japan)im also pleased that its nominated for an oscar i realy realy hope it wins.    and i feel that anyone who eats whales or dolphins is a sick person

christopher.carr1984@gmail.com -> The Cove is Absurd Propaganda (8/3/2010 3:12:28 PM)

Japanese consumption of whale and dolphin meat and Japan's general spurning of International Whaling Commission resolutions are extremely complex issues that should be examined soberly. Unfortunately, the activists in The Cove—like many of the louder, more self-righteous environmentalists—skip the part where they take time to consider the multifaceted, layered issue and rush blindly in convinced the world is comprised of evil, greedy men for them to battle. Even more unfortunately, this attitude turns off many naturally skeptical people (the support of which the environmental movement sorely needs) from real and important causes.

Read more: http://www.theinductive.com/culture/2010/1/21/the-cove-and-the-self-righteousness-of-activists.html

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI