RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

shool -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:17:49 PM)

Wow. Are you really a robot?

Olaf -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:18:16 PM)

I'm pretty sure it reduces the libido. So the desire to have sex with children (or with anyone, I'm presuming) will be reduced.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:18:33 PM)

quote:

Obviously I don't want to underestimate the effects of child abuse on someone, but chemically castrating pedophiles is barbaric and wrong. We should just line them up into a rocket and fire them into the sun. That way, they can be cured of their incurable diseases, and there is no malice outside of the ki...the ki...the kifffsd;vn;cvcvm.bfhoaf;fo;g;tknrkj.;fklf.jkjfioe;rjgr'hbk/wgl.vkd

Internal logic error.

System shut down.

System reboot.

....................................................///125.exe

System experienced an unexpected shutdown. Continue normally, or enter Safe Mode?

Continue normally selected.

System diagnostics......complete.

Hi guys, it's Pigeon Army here. What's happening?

Pigeon Army has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Do you want to send an error message report?

Send?                                                Don't Send

Pigeon Army -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I'm not not a robot.

spamandham -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:22:51 PM)

quote:

chemical castrastion is too good for these fucks, castration with a rusty spoon and being fed their own balls would be more appropriate

quote:

People who harm children should be taken out and hanged from the nearest tree

Hmm, sorry i appear to have gotten lost. I was trying to find my way to the empire forums, but somehow ended up at the dailymail site replete with all its ignorant hatred and bile spewing!

JessFranco -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:22:55 PM)

Poland's jumping from the idea that it's hard to "cure" paedophiles to the idea that they will all, in every circumstance, remain an active danger to the community forevermore. The concept that they may not be able to wholly remove their instincts but can be rehabilitated not to act on their illegal impulses, which seems to be the basis for every other state in Europe's approach, doesn't register at all.

If they are assessed, individually, to pose a significant danger, that's a justification for locking them up until they don't. That won't be true of everyone that comes before a parole board / court for offences against children though.

shool -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:23:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

I'm not not a robot.

mind = blown

Olaf -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:23:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Obviously I don't want to underestimate the effects of child abuse on someone, but chemically castrating pedophiles is barbaric and wrong. We should just line them up into a rocket and fire them into the sun. That way, they can be cured of their incurable diseases, and there is no malice outside of the ki...the ki...the kifffsd;vn;cvcvm.bfhoaf;fo;g;tknrkj.;fklf.jkjfioe;rjgr'hbk/wgl.vkd

Internal logic error.

System shut down.

System reboot.

....................................................///125.exe

System experienced an unexpected shutdown. Continue normally, or enter Safe Mode?

Continue normally selected.

System diagnostics......complete.

Hi guys, it's Pigeon Army here. What's happening?

Pigeon Army has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. Do you want to send an error message report?

Send?                                                Don't Send

I always pictured a big massive email account for those, filled with a couple of hundred million unopened messages.

superdan -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:26:57 PM)

Right, I need to make sure I've got all this correct in my head.

So Squid is saying that we should not punish convicted paedophiles, because to do so would be a malicious act of revenge. What we should do however is lock them up in a mental institution - forever if necessary - until they have been deemed to be rehabilitated. Chemical castration is no option because even if they volunteered for the treatment that would be an act of self-mutilation. Is that all correct?

Leaving aside the fact that 'rehabilitating' a paedophile to not have sexual desires about children is essentially like trying to turn someone from hetero- to homosexual or vice versa, how would such rehabilitation be evaluated? By a doctor? By a panel of doctors? We aren't talking about alcohol addiction here, the signs of rehabilitation are not exactly going to be obvious are they?

Honestly Squid, thousands of years of human civilisation have taught us that commiting a crime is punishable. It percolates everything we do - when you misbehave as a kid, you get punished. You do something bad at work, you get fired. Its not complicated or sinister.   

Pigeon Army -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 1:30:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

So Squid is saying that we should not punish convicted paedophiles, because to do so would be a malicious act of revenge. What we should do however is lock them up in a mental institution - forever if necessary - until they have been deemed to be rehabilitated. Chemical castration is no option because even if they volunteered for the treatment that would be an act of self-mutilation. Is that all correct?

Leaving aside the fact that 'rehabilitating' a paedophile to not have sexual desires about children is essentially like trying to turn someone from hetero- to homosexual or vice versa, how would such rehabilitation be evaluated? By a doctor? By a panel of doctors? We aren't talking about alcohol addiction here, the signs of rehabilitation are not exactly going to be obvious are they?

Honestly Squid, thousands of years of human civilisation have taught us that commiting a crime is punishable. It percolates everything we do - when you misbehave as a kid, you get punished. You do something bad at work, you get fired. Its not complicated or sinister.   

[image]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/10/128944443060318278.jpg[/image]

krudler -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 5:36:43 PM)

quote:

One of them just happens. The other one happens as a result of the first one. This extra malice is unnecessary, as the first will always have happened no matter what.

No raping a child doesnt "just happen", someone goes out of their way to do it, are you so fucking stupid you think a guy deserves to get away without punishment for abusing a child because the method that will stop him doing it again is harsh, it may have happened once but its to pevent it from happening again,  its not fucking harsh enough I say , and you didnt answer my earlier question, have you any younger siblings or relatives that you'd be fine with having raped then their abuser put up in a nice mental institution to talk about their feelings for the rest of their lives? I have a 5 year old nephew and if anyone ever abused him they'd be beaten to death with a shovel if I had my way

Olaf -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 5:45:25 PM)

Where on earth did you get the idea that he said that a guy deserves to get away without punishment for abusing a child? He's shown a blasé attitude to the effects of abuse sure, and he's wheeled out the naive "revenge" card again, but he's stated very clearly that he still would punish offenders (I believe he said something about mental institutions or something).

Rinc -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 5:53:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle
It is revenge. Justice was invented to satisfy the need for revenge. A justice "system" is a means of revenge.

I'd replace it with a system that helps ALL people out of whatever grind they find themselves in. But that's just crazy old me, wanting to help people and all.

Isn't the justice system also a preventative system. ie. it's there as a deterrant otherwise chaos would ensue. It's not just there as a punishment system, or as you put it 'a means of revenge.'

sanchia -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 5:57:51 PM)

quote:

quote:

So you're basically saying that there's no such thing as re-offending, and criminals basically have a capacity for crime in the same manner that a bad driver in Ridge Racer only has capacity for one bar of boost? Preventative treatment is to stop someone from re-offending, which often happens and can often be identified before someone has finished a prison sentence.

I'm saying that offending does not involve a 100% certainty of re-offending in the future.

Actually it is about 77% reoffend.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 6:44:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

So you're basically saying that there's no such thing as re-offending, and criminals basically have a capacity for crime in the same manner that a bad driver in Ridge Racer only has capacity for one bar of boost? Preventative treatment is to stop someone from re-offending, which often happens and can often be identified before someone has finished a prison sentence.

I'm saying that offending does not involve a 100% certainty of re-offending in the future.

Oh you can come up with statistics to prove anything. 40% of people know that.

sonaj -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 6:44:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

[image]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/10/128944443060318278.jpg[/image]

sorry i know this is getting abit serious. BUT i really pissed myself laughing when i seen this...

Olaf -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 6:47:37 PM)

Expect to see it quite often [:D]

sanchia -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 6:56:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

It does vary from about 83% to 71% depending on where you look and cultural differences come into it. I went for the median one from The Right to Innocence: Healing the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Beverly Engel.

And it is 43% of people who know that [;)]

Woger -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 7:00:36 PM)

Squidward Hark Bugle

I'd replace it with a system that helps ALL people out of whatever grind they find themselves in. But that's just crazy old me, wanting to help people and all.

Contact the Polish authorities and tell them you'll take one of these people in a grind into your home and put him in programme designed by you to help all people in a grind. Seriously, why help people who will let you down? I'm not one for mobs and flaming torches but if you plan to take or destroy a  life then you shouldn't say daylight again, I will lose no sleep over what happens to these scum.

JessFranco -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 7:14:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It does vary from about 83% to 71% depending on where you look and cultural differences come into it. I went for the median one from The Right to Innocence: Healing the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Beverly Engel.

And it is 43% of people who know that [;)]

It's notoriously difficult to estimate though. I've seen rates of everything from 10% to 50%+ depending on the circumstances of the offender, the original crime, treatment, age, etc, etc.

paul_ie86 -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 8:04:36 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Touché

sanchia -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (29/9/2009 8:16:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Touché

Don't bring the turtle into it. [;)]

JoeyPottr -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 5:23:39 AM)

Paedophiles have the right to be shoved into a wood chipper like in Fargo. That's my humble opinion. Putting them in a mental institution just costs the tax payers money, so does putting them in jail. Just put them in a wood chipper, makes things a whole makes a little less scum in the world. If they are not stopped they will do it again, and again and again. This fact has been proven just look at the big cases in the media.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 7:45:04 AM)

quote:

Paedophiles have the right to be shoved into a wood chipper like in Fargo. That's my humble opinion. Putting them in a mental institution just costs the tax payers money, so does putting them in jail. Just put them in a wood chipper, makes things a whole makes a little less scum in the world. If they are not stopped they will do it again, and again and again. This fact has been proven just look at the big cases in the media.

Good morning Mr Beck, how are we today?...

spamandham -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 8:18:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoeyPottr

BNP.co.uk is =======> That-a-way dude,

Olaf -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 8:20:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoeyPottr

Woah. Blimey.

Felix -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 8:24:38 PM)

People who shove other human beings into wood chippers have the right to be pushed through a sausage making machine. That's my humble opinion. Putting them in a wood chipper just costs the tax payers money, so does putting them in an institution, or jail. Just put them in a sausage making machine, makes things a whole makes a little less scum in the world. If they are not stopped they will do it again, and again and again. This fact has been proven just look at the stupid comments on internet forums.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 9:05:49 PM)

It depends how you look at it regarding whether or not you should oppose it. Firstly if you see it as a punishment or revenge, an eye for an eye perspective then obviously you'll probably not agree with it. But it isn't really as much a punishment as it is a way to protect other members of the public, it's actually quite comparable to prison in that respect, is that not taking away people's drives, people's lives and forcing an unwanted situation upon someone, pretty much walking all over their human rights? We are keeping them in prison to rehabilitate them, and keep them away from the members of the public they may cause harm to.

Now if this was an anti murder type injection that took any kind of hatred and ability/want to kill or harm others then I'm sure everyone would all be for it, but an injection to lower the sex drive being given to pedophiles is a big no no? Is it really that much different to some situations and drugs we have today? We have people who suffer from plenty of mental health issues like schizophrenics or some rather crazy psychotic people who can be extreme dangers to the public and because of which are administered drugs that really calm them down and relax them, ones that help prevent these schizophrenic tendencies, and they have side effects too like making them drowsy or what not, yet you don't see people even batting an eye lid at such treatments.

For me this is a perfectly justifiable precautionary measure if put in place for serious and repeat offenders IMO.

Twisted Kitty -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 10:43:29 PM)

I once watched a documentary on a paedophile who was castrated.  In a full and frank interview he said that just because he was castrated, it would not stop him wanting to sexually abuse a child.  He said he still had his hands and his thoughts and was capable of further abuse.  To 'cure' himself, he asked for his hands to be surgically removed.

JoeyPottr -> RE: Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles (30/9/2009 10:56:59 PM)

We're fine, and we're NOT Mr. Beck. Keyser. Do you honestly think it's possible to rehabilitate these people? No it's not. All child killers have had child molestation charges on their records in the past. For example Richard Davis who murdered Polly Klaas back in the 1990's was a repeat offender for child molestation. Medicine doesn't even work on these guys. Just look up Megan's Law on google and you will see what I am talking about. This law is implemented in all of the United States, in one form or another. It's about a 7 year old girl Megan Kanka a New Jersey girl who was raped and murdered by a known and convicted child molester who had moved across the street from them without their knowledge. Now sex offenders are REQUIRED to register as such. There's a lot more cases like these, just look them up. Do I think it's right for child molesters to be put away for good, yes I do, because they are scum like I said before they belong in a wood chipper, sausage maker, whatever to keep them away from our children. These people are evil. [:@]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI