Mute (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Mute (15/9/2009 12:05:30 PM)

Post your comments on this article

pete_traynor -> RE: Mute (15/9/2009 3:54:54 PM)

The concept art is very nice indeed but for me it is a little too reminiscent of Blade Runner. Whilst you could certainly do a hell of a lot worse in terms of inspiration I do hope Jones finds his own voice and vision for this. But that is merely my own reaction to one piece of concept art, so I will definitely be following the progression of Mute with great interest. Moon was a really solid debut so hopefully itíll be on to even better things for Duncan jones.

brundelfly -> (14/3/2010 10:31:12 AM)

I think making it companion piece to Moon is the wrong way to go.

That film was a great example of tight film making and I really enjoyed/admired the movie, To say that Mute is to be set in the same 'universe' is just silly and gimicky.

Moon was a virtual one-hander set in an off-earth clinical mining station and desolate lunar landscape. It was a great film but I hardly think it did anything to establish a 'universe' to build a trilogy around. Particularly when the concept art is pretty clearly derived from a bladerunner-esque setting.

Nothing wrong with the concept of the film but why not let it stand on it's own feet rather than making ill-conceived contrivances to fit in a Rockwell cameo,

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI