Exclusive: Judd Apatow Talks Anchorman 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Judd Apatow Talks Anchorman 2 (27/8/2009 6:00:51 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Big K -> (27/8/2009 6:00:51 PM)

Love the original and agree its one of the funniest films ever but for them to do a second it would have to better so as not to taint the original..! In my humble opinion..!

darko18 -> I don't speak Spanish! (27/8/2009 6:47:04 PM)

If they do it, I hope they do it right.

bobthegrinch -> Bad idea (27/8/2009 7:10:19 PM)

Considering Will Ferrels usual schtick has gotten old I don't see how a sequel will do anything but tarnish the original when it inevitably dissapoints. Pretty much every comedy he's headlined since is Ron Burgundy in a different proffession (with.the possible exception of Step Brothers, I haven't seen that) so I just don't see the point.

If he made it now it'd just stink of 'my box office power is waning' whether that is the case or not and considering how he's played so many similar roles with diminishing returns (funny wise), I wonder whether he's used up all the decent joke ideas he had for idiot at the top of his game characters for which Burgundy was the template.

GuitarGal_China -> (27/8/2009 7:49:06 PM)

The Anchormen of Channel 5 news becoming old and grumpy? Sounds like they need some afternoon delight (cheap joke).

lebowski_24 -> (27/8/2009 8:27:29 PM)

This can only be a good thing.First film realy grew on me after a couple of viewings."THATS HOW I ROLL".Fave moment of any comedy.

LEEJGM -> RE: (27/8/2009 8:49:13 PM)

Mmm... I just burnt my tongue.

mebbetheywasinjuns -> (27/8/2009 9:37:54 PM)

It's the Channel 4 News Team. The Channel 5 Team are nowhere near as cool. But then, I suppose that sometimes you've got to look at yourself and say 'when in Rome'. I'm very aroused.

CORLEONE -> RE: (27/8/2009 10:59:58 PM)

Smells of rich mahogany to me.

keatsmeister -> RE: RE: (27/8/2009 11:41:40 PM)

I'd love to see more of the rivalries with the other news teams kicking off big-time. Last time we got a bi-lingual bloodfest, next time - full-on war?

No commercials, NO MERCY!!!

boredbluekoala -> I'm gonna punch you right in your ovary!!! (27/8/2009 11:57:29 PM)

Bloody funny movie.

Urban_Achiever -> "One of the funniest films ever made" gets 3 stars?! (28/8/2009 1:15:05 AM)

I am always extremely confused whenever Empire writes about Anchorman. Every time it is mentioned it is lauded with praise and hailed as a fine example of modern comedy. Why then did it only receive 3 stars? Surely the laugh-rate alone assures it at least 4. I just find it grating that with the one hand you give it a mediocre review and the other you describe it as an "Empire favourite" and "one of the funniest films ever made". Hypocritical? I think so.

Urban_Achiever -> "One of the funniest films ever made" gets 3 stars?! (28/8/2009 1:17:39 AM)

I am always extremely confused whenever Empire writes about Anchorman. Every time it is mentioned it is lauded with praise and hailed as a fine example of modern comedy. Why then did it only receive 3 stars? Surely the laugh-rate alone assures it at least 4. I just find it grating that with the one hand you give it a mediocre review and the other you describe it as an "Empire favourite" and "one of the funniest films ever made". Hypocritical? I think so.

Urban_Achiever -> "One of the funniest films ever made" gets 3 stars?! (28/8/2009 1:19:48 AM)

Sense83 -> (28/8/2009 1:50:16 AM)

"I love lamp"

it would be AWESOME to see the channel 5 news team together again! but ditto on the three stars though, I reckon when it gets an essay it will prob get 4*.

and "Go fuck yourself, San Diego"

Greg Andrew -> RE: (28/8/2009 9:33:44 AM)

Sometimes you have to say When in Rome. And its the channel 4 news team. Its okay, i'm not even angry.

steve18 -> i want the 80s (28/8/2009 11:18:13 AM)

i think settingthe film in the 80s would b cool. i think of the team in 80s clothes and chuckle to myself plus it be cool just so the great baxter could still be in it not some clone. hey look a camera

woody1812 -> (28/8/2009 1:28:39 PM)

PANDA WATCH!

chizmund -> Urban_Achiever (28/8/2009 1:56:47 PM)

I get what you're saying about Empire star ratings not always vibing with later opinions of the staff, but to say it's hypocritical is a bit much. It's not inconceiveable for a film to come off better after some re-evaluation. I know with Anchorman in particular, practically every single person I know that loves that movie, either hated it the first time, or just plain didn't get it. Now, they'll quote it all day long. I, of course, got it straight away. Because I'm brilliant. But seriously, it was, for a lot of people, one of those movies.

Drone -> RE: Urban_Achiever (31/8/2009 7:50:04 AM)

C:\Documents and Settings\Drone\My Documents\List of upcoming films to avoid

Right click A1 > Insert

Type "Anchorman 2"

Save & close.

sweartome -> There will be trombones, and flutes and you won't be invited! (1/9/2009 8:56:43 AM)

Love this movie - goes down like a nice glass of scotch. or jazz flute.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI