Chris McQuarrie To Write Wolverine 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Chris McQuarrie To Write Wolverine 2 (14/8/2009 1:54:48 AM)

Post your comments on this article

CGoodwin -> (14/8/2009 1:54:48 AM)

I'd like to see McQuarrie take a crack at this. His work with Singer is usually great, and Way Of The Gun is still strangely underrated. He should direct more, for certain.

Fit Kisto -> RE: (14/8/2009 6:57:37 AM)

Judging by last time they will take about three years to have it rewritten five times and then hire another director who they refuse to let get on with the job.

Should be another winner.

mighty mick -> So it´s really happening... (14/8/2009 7:20:49 AM)

And I was hoping it was all chit chat...

crazymoviesdude -> (14/8/2009 8:49:11 AM)

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Bryan Singer directed? It's not possible, but that would be pretty brilliant.

beebs_ -> RE: (14/8/2009 9:37:18 AM)

Lets hope that Fox don't step in and fuck it up... again. 

ThismonkeyhasRAGE -> Making this film.... (14/8/2009 9:57:29 AM)

is like having sex with a dead hooker. Sure there's nothing stopping you... but it's wrong.

Gabriel -> RE: Making this film.... (14/8/2009 10:36:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThismonkeyhasRAGE

is like having sex with a dead hooker. Sure there's nothing stopping you... but it's wrong.

That's brilliant!! Is it from a movie or your own work?

Oh yeah, Wolverine 2...The first draft generally means nothing doesn't it? By the fifth one or so the studio will probably have asked for the ninjas to have molded mouths, wear white trainers or they could always throw in a Polar Bear.

shanewire -> This is fucking brilliant news (14/8/2009 11:29:06 AM)

Hopefully they'll get a good director now too and we'll get a proper Wolverine movie. I have no problem with McQuarrie directing. I though the Way of the Gun was brilliant. I do hope Gambit can be brought back though. but not if it'll fuck up the rest of the movie

Youshouldberunning -> (14/8/2009 3:42:46 PM)

Saucy.

christofurr -> I would like to see someone other than Huge Jackman play 'Ole Canuckle head (14/8/2009 6:11:48 PM)

He had his chance... and failed. I say we let someone else have a go. Preferably someone short, hairy and canadian. I imagine there's at least ONE in the whole sodding country. And before anyone suggests it, Nathan Fillion is neither short nor hairy (as far as i'm aware). Also, to stop the out-cry of fans lets consider a few examples shall we? Ed Norton as the new Hulk? Ledger as the new Joker? Umm... Syler as the new Spock? All good, all different. Embrace change.

MaxRenn -> (14/8/2009 8:10:00 PM)

Purely speculation of course...but rumour has it that Hugh Jackman wants it to be an all singing, all dancing Wolverine movie, since he had such a good time on Oaklahoma. Personally, I can't wait...cause even a musical version of Wolverine 2 would be more entertaining than the first one.

jobloffski -> RE: (17/8/2009 8:43:17 PM)

Whatever happens, hopefully a script editor will be employed to point out things like:

Er, only adamantium bullets can have an effect on him, so what's with sending out the sharpest shooting mutant available to face him with ordinary bullets earlier in the film? Won't we just seem like we're pulling this stuff out of our arses?

Films like Wolverine dont strictly have to make sense according to reality as we live it, but the above kind of mistake is so elementary on the most basic level, its as though people either simply didn't give a single solitary fuck about story logic or people with no storytelling competence or imagination whatsoever were given script approval.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI