Unmade Stanley Kubrick (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Unmade Stanley Kubrick (31/7/2009 1:42:29 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Manfrendshensindshen -> Oops (31/7/2009 1:42:29 PM)

I'm sorry to be the first anal anorak in line, but Kubrick's brother-in-law's name is Jan HarlAn. And Perfume's director has been known as Tom Tykwer to the rest of the world.

But apart from those niggles I'll give this feature a thumbs up. There are a number of other screenplays and books the Great Bearded One optioned or commissioned over the decades, but those are indeed the ones that came closest to fruition. I actually had the honour of reading one of the drafts of Napoleon and can report that it's an interesting, but hardly revolutionary biopic in terms of writing style and narrative. I guess the full scope of the whole enterprise can only be imagined with those tradmark Kubrick visuals missing...

liam.hobbs -> Fantastic (31/7/2009 2:22:23 PM)

Stanley Kubrick is my favourite director ever, closely contested however. His films are exceptional and it was a shame he never got to make AI; that really would have been the best film for him to leave his legacy. These other projects he had planned sound interesting, and again is a shame he never got to make them; the studios should have had more faith and let him finish the projects he started. Hopefully a director one day, who understands films and has the knowledge and passion for the sometimes complex plots Kubrick created, will emerge and tackle the unfinished films and scripts and bring them to life.

sidownes -> (31/7/2009 7:05:39 PM)

Never mind this list, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Michael Bay helmed remake of 2001. The original is far too boring for da kids, innit?

Wrathschild -> God I miss having new Kubrick movies to discover (1/8/2009 10:59:49 AM)

The Stanley Kubrick Archives is a fascinating read and worth the price tag folks.

Now then, what to watch today... Barry Lyndon or Eyes Wide Shut? decisions...

simon2006 -> Perfume is brilliant. (1/8/2009 11:01:36 PM)

And it should be widely accepted as so.

MartyW -> I wish he was still alive. (3/8/2009 5:22:11 PM)

Stanley kubrick is one of my all time favourite british movie directors, him and christopher nolan. It seemed Kubrick went through a hell of a lot trying to get these films made but unfortunately not working out in the end. As every kubrick fan will know, he pretty much nailed every type of film genre there is and i still wonder what A.I would of been like if he directed it and not spielberg.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI