More Master And Commander? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> More Master And Commander? (20/7/2009 9:11:20 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicky C -> Didn't like it when it came out ... (20/7/2009 9:11:20 AM)

... but I was wrong. M&C was a ripping good yarn. If they do another I'll book my ticket now.

Mopictures -> This is good news, could be the only example of the lack of Hollywood originality yeilding a positive result! (20/7/2009 10:21:17 AM)

Crowe was a perfect Aubry. Aside from the trailer which got everyone nervous that Crowe had gone all "Maximus" on his own arse, he turned in a committed and credible performance, not afraid to get fatter, look older and tell really bad jokes. And the best thing is, the old her gets and the fatter he gets, the more he'll fit the character, so a sequel can come anytime in the next 10 years.

Also, BY GOD it's time to get the hidden secret behind Paul Bettany's doctor out, it changes the dynamic somewhat and justifies a continuation of the story.

Oh, and if people thought the film was boring, they should stick to cartoons.

Blyman -> Please please please please please please...... (20/7/2009 11:04:47 AM)

Make this sequel!!!! Master and Commander is a wonderful film and so, so deserves a sequel. A lot of people were meh about seeing M&C but then after watching it on dvd or tv admitted that it was brilliant, so I reckon there would be a strong crowd ready and willing to see a sequel. So fed up with crap made for money sequels, lets have some class up on screen !

CORLEONE -> RE: Please please please please please please...... (20/7/2009 11:05:40 AM)

THIS SHIP IS ENGLAND!!

Rock on.

Nalfeshnee -> (20/7/2009 12:17:43 PM)

i loved the first film, and really hope that this comes to life. soon!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: (20/7/2009 6:27:57 PM)

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please let this happen.

OddCinema -> RE: RE: (20/7/2009 7:01:50 PM)

Typically I'm scared of sequels to films that I've loved. I won't know whether to go to the cinema or hide behind the sofa when Iron Man 2 arrives. But this is different. The film might not have smashed the box office with its long guns, but after about ten minutes of M&C, I was sure of a bloody good time - and it was certainly that. As long as Weir, Crowe & Bettany are there, I'll be at the premiere.

SpiderBat -> Count me in! (20/7/2009 7:13:55 PM)

The first movie rocked the big screen absolutely full on, with enough for the brain to chew on too. There are times you watch a movie the first time and you know it's absolute quality and you know that the people making it believe it too. You just sit back and follow the ride. If the same people are involved I'll be there.

doncopey1 -> (20/7/2009 8:11:22 PM)

Could be the best film News ive heard in a while. Love the film love the books.

francis -> Yes please! (20/7/2009 11:02:50 PM)

I really hope they do this, I got into the Aubrey/Maturin books on the strength of this movie and Crowe is perfectly cast. Can't wait.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI