Universal Readies Asteroids: The Movie (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Universal Readies Asteroids: The Movie (2/7/2009 9:03:39 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Tokkas100 -> What's next? (2/7/2009 9:03:39 AM)

Pong, the story of one bat's desire to break free of his 2D prison?
Tetris, a romantic triangle between a square, a long bit, and a T shape?
Snake, a coming of age story where the titular character must overcome her desire to eat everything before she grows to big for her prom dress?
No, my money is on Super Mario Bros, where a short fat Italian Plumber falls down pipes and stuff and.........oh, hang on!

ooty -> ooty (2/7/2009 9:15:20 AM)

waste of time and money.

Taz69 -> Michael Bay to direct (2/7/2009 9:19:28 AM)

The only thing that happens in Asteroids are big and small rocks being blown up so a movie adaption is right up his alley (hopefully along with a large, lit stick of dynamite).

Rumbaabaa -> Eh? (2/7/2009 9:49:24 AM)

"So much so that four studios – four – were bidding for the rights from Atari."

I just don't get this. All that happens in Asteroids is a spaceship shoots lasers at rocks in space - I've already seen that in a couple of Star Wars movies. So what are they bidding for exactly? I can only assume it's the right to use the title 'Asteroids'? Which is pretty dumb, even for Tinseltown.

homerbert -> Not so bad (2/7/2009 11:18:25 AM)

<<we’re a little sorry for the poor bastard who has to try to forge a compelling narrative and characters out of a couple of blurry lines going bleep bleep at each other.>> Why? He has complete freedom beyond the very basic premise. It's essentially an original screenplay. Unlike a screenplay for Tomb Raider, Resident Evil or whatever he doesn't have hoops to jump through to make sure the fans are happy.

Most interviews I've ever read have said that writers enjoy writing original screenplays more than adaptations, so the freedom this gives could be a lot of fun for a writer.

markb8098 -> Why, why, why! (2/7/2009 11:58:46 AM)

Why spend time and money on that. Why not try getting Halo or Metal Gear Solid made. Something worth watching. Zack Snyder to direct Metal Gear and Pete Jackson/Neill Blomkamp for Halo.

woody1812 -> (2/7/2009 12:30:06 PM)

Oh come now, surely its time for Duck Hunt? One man's genocide of feathered water fowl; the twist being its all a ruse to make the murder of his annoying pooch by shotgun to the face look like an accident. It could be Michael Moore's retelling of Dick Cheney's gun related mishap.

Snake-Eyes -> Oh For F**k's Sake.... (2/7/2009 12:59:58 PM)

...what the hell? why not give millions of dollars to some c**t to make Noughts n' Crosses: The Revenge!

mrwinky99 -> (2/7/2009 1:02:58 PM)

"why not give millions of dollars to some c**t to make Noughts n' Crosses: The Revenge!"

Sounds good - I'm in!

chola1 -> "THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.... (2/7/2009 1:34:54 PM)

one frog is gonna have to jump to it, to rescue the spawn he loves...FROGGER!!!! when danger calls, you have to "hop" to it...

DocEmmettBrown -> Good lord! (2/7/2009 1:35:52 PM)

Why not make a film version of Horace Goes Skiing? Seth Rogen could play Horace.

DouglasW -> (2/7/2009 5:32:22 PM)

Why would anyone have to bid to use the word "Asteroids" in a movie title. Do Atari really have copyright on that word...?

cheds -> Jet Set Willy (2/7/2009 6:48:09 PM)

Go on...

__ -> The Last Starfighter? (3/7/2009 12:47:41 PM)

Wonder if it will be anything like The Last Starfighter.

LeeLeeLeeLee -> RE: Universal Readies Asteroids: The Movie (3/7/2009 7:13:23 PM)

I cant see this film working at all, it just sounds like a very bad idea.

Who makes the decision to make these films and who do they think will watch them? Do they learn nothing from experience??

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.929688E-02