Black Books (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

weekendatmoobys -> Black Books (22/1/2006 5:50:08 PM)

Have been searching and i cant find a thread for this show. Have truely discovered the genius that is Black Books recently. the show is absolutely fantastic. Dylan Moran is a comic genius and i really think this show deserves more notice than it seems to get. anyone with me?

Katamarang -> RE: Black Books (22/1/2006 6:18:56 PM)

Yeah Black Books rocks, but I haven't seen it in ages. After being reminded about it by this thread its now in my twenty tv shows on the poll thingy. thanks! Bernard is such a great character, so selfish, lazy and cowardly, he's great!

Brick_Tamland -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 12:06:04 AM)

Lets keep it a secret, just between ourselves, eh????

Mozza -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 12:16:02 AM)

"A-HA! Millwall! D'yknow this one? Millwall, Millwall...you're all really...dreadful and all you're girlfriends are unfulfilled, and alienated-"

Classic stuff.

Rhubarb -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 8:54:51 AM)

he had a subbeteo player in his hair!

the_edge99uk -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 11:30:40 AM)

Just bought the boxset and currently watching, funny bits with the dolls of Bernard and Manny in S3E1 or the five min story called Black Dolls on Series 2 dvd.

Mozza -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 12:01:00 PM)

The best thing about Series 3 was Simon Pegg's cameo.  He's so evil!

"Who is this rudderless hippy? Can I trust him? Has he got a hunting knife strapped to his shin?"

Skiba -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 1:42:18 PM)

Love it!  Just got series 2 on DVD for a bargain 6! 

Rhubarb -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 1:44:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

The best thing about Series 3 was Simon Pegg's cameo.  He's so evil!

"Who is this rudderless hippy? Can I trust him? Has he got a hunting knife strapped to his shin?"

you'll have to think of a password

oooh how about surf-king!

how about teammember7?

Cat5 -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 2:50:23 PM)

Great series these were. You had to love Dylan Moran as Bernard - some wonderful lines, worked so well with the rest of the cast...

Bernard: It's all waffle! Nobody is prepared to admit that wine doesn't have a taste.
Manny: Of course you can't taste anything, you smoke eighty bajillion cigarettes a day. What's that you're eating?
Bernard: It's some sort of delicious biscuit.
Manny: It's a coaster!

RockyWilcox -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 9:09:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

he had a subbeteo player in his hair!

That had me giggling for ages.

It's a good show, but the flashes of brilliance are few and far between.

Starscream -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 9:32:52 PM)

Love the episode where they house sit and drink a real expensive bottle of wine
then they top it back up with twigs and cheap wine

Jackie -> RE: Black Books (23/1/2006 9:37:56 PM)

Rocky bought me this yesterday and I love it - it's really funny [:D]

Looking to buy Series 2 when I get back, now!

Jackie.

the_edge99uk -> RE: Black Books (24/1/2006 2:46:50 PM)

[image]http://images.blahdvd.com/ProductImages/medium/12/96/100000000129690.jpg[/image]

This is what you want. (Even though you have the first one)

weekendatmoobys -> RE: Black Books (26/1/2006 5:12:59 PM)

Good to see i'm not alone out there absolutely quality show, love the episode with Bill Bailey and the piano - the man is a musical genius. , the episode with the childrens book is hilarious (THEY ALL DRINK LEMOPNAAAADE!!) and the first episode is amazing. Dylan Moran is touring in May and June can't wait.

the_edge99uk -> RE: Black Books (26/1/2006 5:17:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: weekendatmoobys

Good to see i'm not alone out there absolutely quality show, love the episode with Bill Bailey and the piano - the man is a musical genius. , the episode with the childrens book is hilarious (THEY ALL DRINK LEMOPNAAAADE!!) and the first episode is amazing. Dylan Moran is touring in May and June can't wait.

Got my ticket, if it's anything like his stand up show, Monster, should be a hoot.

ASDOE -> RE: Black Books (26/1/2006 5:29:10 PM)

Yey love for this show excists after all.
Dylan Morans a genius his stand ups one of the funniest things ive ever had the pleasure to attend.

For instance......id rather fellait i Smurf than die.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Black Books (26/1/2006 8:59:47 PM)

I have series 3, but have haven't watched it yet

Spider -> RE: Black Books (26/1/2006 9:16:36 PM)

I hate Dylan Moran live but I love Black Books.

I only own Series 1 and 2, but out of them I much prefer Series 2. It's much more consistently funny than the first and has cool cameos. I like the bit where Bernard freezes a wine bottle then smashes it and has a wine ice lolly!

pablodiabloescobar -> RE: Black Books (27/1/2006 12:39:24 AM)

First series was the best for me.. As someone already mentioned the wine episodes and eating scrambled egg out of a shoe! [:D]

MartinBlank76 -> RE: Black Books (27/1/2006 1:02:41 PM)

Started watching first series t'other day and after a couple of episodes i couldnt really see what fuss was about. Should I stick with it? Too many obvious jokes and it feels like someone has fallen asleep on the canned laughter button. I know it has links with spaced but its not fit to tie spaced's shoes. Metaphorically speaking...

Marky_Mark -> RE: Black Books (27/1/2006 3:46:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

Me too...I think it's the combination of Bill Bailey's GENIUS, and Moran's character that makes this series something special.

The very first episode with Manny and the Little Book Of Calm is just brilliant! Also love the piano episode in Series 2..."I can play"!

Too many memorable moments......the ;tower of soup' springs to mind!

Rhubarb -> RE: Black Books (28/1/2006 12:12:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

Me too...I think it's the combination of Bill Bailey's GENIUS, and Moran's character that makes this series something special.

The very first episode with Manny and the Little Book Of Calm is just brilliant! Also love the piano episode in Series 2..."I can play"!

Too many memorable moments......the ;tower of soup' springs to mind!

[bernard/] its RRRRRRRUBBISH! [/bernard]

i also love the poker episode

Trillian -> RE: Black Books (29/1/2006 7:30:45 PM)

Black Books is pure quality, I love the episode where Bernard and Manny are trying to write the childrens book, I havn't laughed so hard.

weekendatmoobys -> RE: Black Books (31/1/2006 11:56:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartinBlank76

feels like someone has fallen asleep on the canned laughter button. 

Black Books is actually one of the few recent shows that was filmed in front of a live audience. But definitly stick with it, the love will come surely. sorry i just love this show

weekendatmoobys -> RE: Black Books (31/1/2006 12:01:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASDOE

For instance......id rather fellait i Smurf than die.

I'd cook him a little smurf omlette while i was doing to the sound of his satisfied smurf lip smacks

Gazdance -> RE: Black Books (31/1/2006 7:11:01 PM)

Yes!  It is a hilarious show.  Bill Bailey is also a comic genius.  Tamsin Grieg can be funny just by standing there.  Her expression just manages to be perminantly ironic or mocking!

Anyone seen Dylan Moran's stand up show, Monster?

the_edge99uk -> RE: Black Books (31/1/2006 7:26:11 PM)

Very funny, espically after you've had a few drinks

The Knutsens -> RE: Black Books (5/3/2006 2:54:45 PM)

So what's the best series to buy for a someone to get into this? I've heard many people say that the first series is the best.

soderbergh1 -> RE: Black Books (6/3/2006 1:52:43 PM)

I'd recommend buying all 3 series in that box set thing someone mentioned earlier. I bought them seperately as they came out and love every episode! It is genius!! Bernard with the wine ice lolly and johnny vegas pushing the walls in and making fran's flat smaller spring to mind for best bits.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI