Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 8:29:20 AM)

Does anybody have any idea about the extra footage that was culled from Terminator Salvation to shorten the theatrical release? This is a movie that will benefit greatly from an extended running time and i am really looking forward to the DVD release to see (hopefully) a longer movie.

I've heard mention that it could be an extra 30 minutes of footage, which will take the running time to around 2hrs 15mins i guess. Is it safe to assume that two versions will be released on DVD, the theartical and then an extended?

If anyone has info about the DVD release when it becomes apparent, i look forward to hearing it.

adambatman82 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 9:56:04 AM)

yeah i reckon two versions are a definite. the only missing scene i know of involves moon bloodgood's breasts.

Timon -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 10:00:02 AM)

The scenes I've heard that were cut include;

Moon Bloodgood's breasts
Kyle burying Marcus
More speechs by Connor
An extended opening attack section on SkyNet (actually featuring Terry Crews as Common's brother as opposed to just being a corpse)

morg1138 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 1:10:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

The scenes I've heard that were cut include;

Moon Bloodgood's breasts
Kyle burying Marcus
More speechs by Connor
An extended opening attack section on SkyNet (actually featuring Terry Crews as Common's brother as opposed to just being a corpse)

This is what I would like to see more of.  The attack was great but felt like it was intended to be bigger.  The scene where Connor jumps into the Helicopter was superb.

Nostromo. -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 2:31:47 PM)

I shamelessly nicked this from the FAQ section of IMDb:-

I also asked McG if there will be an extended Director's Cut of Terminator Salvation when it hits DVD. And if so, how much more will be included in that cut.

"Substantially more," he said. "Substantially more. I'll have to look at that cut, and decide if it's ultimately better than the theatrical release. I have a great partner, who is a wonderful sounding board, in Conrad Buff. Conrad cut Titanic and won the Academy Award, and he cut T2. He's the antithesis of who I am. We talk about what we want to do, we sort of concur, and we've got the Director's Cut going on over here, and then we've got what is likely to be the theatrical release over here. So we'll see." *

I am hoping for a decent set too, not a half arsed one with the jumbo super duper edition released closer to T5.

jediwarrior -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 2:46:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

yeah i reckon two versions are a definite. the only missing scene i know of involves moon bloodgood's breasts.

and that reason alone is worth the extended edition [:D]

Workshed -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 2:49:22 PM)

I concur.

adambatman82 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 3:27:33 PM)

Oddly, in spite of the films shortcomings I am quite eager to check out an alternative cut, just to see how it fares.

Workshed -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 5:43:33 PM)

Absolutely. I didn't expect this film to hold a candle to the first 2. I expedted it to be a turd from the outset, so I was pleasently surprised - its a good solid action flick and am extended cut will give it more needed depth.

On a different note, I really didn't like the CG Terminator makeup make up.

It doesn't look nearly as good as the paractical stage 2 and 3 makeup on Arnie in T2. I think they should have gone practical and used slight cg touch-ups to add more depth.

Dr Lenera -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (9/6/2009 8:27:30 PM)

As I said on reviews I thought Terminator:Salvation wasn't bad at all,a solid future action pic that probably differs too much from the other films to please some people. It did look chopped to bits though,and that's before I knew about all the cut scenes. Some of the edits were quite shoddy. I think a director's cut of this film would be essential and perhaps raise people's opinion of it.

Ethanial -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (10/6/2009 12:13:14 AM)

Moon Bloodgood's breasts? Hmm, might be worth a rent, well, if they have better acting capabilities than the rest of her.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 6:38:58 PM)

I think the UK might be getting screwed over again

DVD Active has listed T:S as coming out in November

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/terminator-salvation.html

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the DVD and Blu-ray release of Terminator Salvation for the 23rd of November, priced at around £19.99 and £24.99 respectively. A list of confirmed Blu-ray specs can be found below, along with low res temp artwork. We'll bring you full details nearer the time.

•'Re-Forging the Future': Go behind the scenes of Terminator Salvation with an exclusive set tour
•'The Moto-Terminator': See how the Terminator Salvation visual effects crew and Ducati partnered to create the slick and deadly Moto-Terminator!
•Maximum Movie Mode Featuring Director McG Deconstructing the Film’s Key Moments
•PiP Commentary with Cast and Crew Interviews, Storyboards, Still Galleries, Timeline and More!
•11 Mini Featurette Focus Points Spotlighting How the Ground-Breaking Special Effects Were Created!
•BD-Live: 'Resist Or Be Terminated' Tech Com Videos (Nine Viral Videos from the Theatrical Campaign and Four New Videos from the Home Entertainment Campaign); 'The Final Resistance' Video: Access the Secret Plans of Skynet; CineChat

However this website is listing a extended editon as coming out on the 3rd November in America

http://www.dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=69751

Sounds like to me we have another Watchmen situation on our hands. I really want to check out that extended cut.

Timon -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 7:16:41 PM)

What? Fuckers!

Aren't Blu Rays/PS3's region locked?

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 7:20:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

What? Fuckers!

Aren't Blu Rays/PS3's region locked?

Not a clue I'm afriad. I think you can get R1 Blu Rays alright- but some companies lock them due to rights issues. But don't quote me on that.

Regardless of whether an extended edition comes out or not...those extras suck. Like the first releases of a Bond film bad. Actully Sony does both, so this makes sense.

Ethanial -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 8:45:50 PM)

America had Warner Brothers release this, so that'll be fine for HD Region Frees, like Watchmen.

rubadub -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 9:33:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

and that reason alone is worth the extended edition [:D]

You said " extend ".
uh,huh,huh,huh...huh,huh,huh...

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (16/7/2009 9:50:06 PM)

no bother, ill get the region 1 extended DVD then.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (20/7/2009 4:19:15 PM)

I`m guessing they want us to get the theatrical version first and pre order it before they tell us maybe about an extended cut maybe for Region 1 as I can`t think why else we know about our release but the US doesn`t about theirs yet. I can`t find anything about it online. 

paul.mccluskey -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (20/7/2009 5:14:43 PM)

HMV will be selling an exclusive 2-disc edition.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (21/7/2009 12:15:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

HMV will be selling an exclusive 2-disc edition.

It only has exclusive packaging one of those character head packages no extended version. [:(] Plus I think it has some extras that you can`t get elsewhere on Dvd only on Blu Ray. I like those I think it looks cool if the Region 1 or other region dvd or Blu Ray doesn`t have an extended version and one isn`t coming out for the forseeable future that will be the one I get on Blu Ray.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=4371;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=980751&WT.ac=DVD_TERMINATOR_SALVATION_MAG-PBODY-DVD_TERMINATOR_SALVATION_PROD1-Terminator+Salvation+4+Future+Begins-980751

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 1:34:55 PM)

A new cut of the film has just been passed, rated R

http://movieblog.ugo.com/movies/terminator-salvation-was-rated-r-after-all

So yeah, looking likely the US is getting a cut that the UK is not.

CORLEONE -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 1:44:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

So yeah, looking likely the US is getting a cut that the UK is not.

[:@]

Tech_Noir -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 1:45:50 PM)

Really have to resist getting this - I hated the film, but I am genuinely curious to see what this alternate cut is like.

And Moon's boobs...

Kazuya -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 1:51:43 PM)

I wasn't particularly impressed with Salvation, but I'd still be interested in seeing and R-rated, extended cut. No question.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 3:07:41 PM)

There was a pretty huge subplot that was removed from the film, but which there was a tiny glimpse at in the movie that was released. It was only one quick shot but it is there.

Hope all that stuff gets put back in.

Scott_ -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 3:49:54 PM)

I guess this means I'll be cancelling my Play pre-order.

quote:

There was a pretty huge subplot that was removed from the film, but which there was a tiny glimpse at in the movie that was released. It was only one quick shot but it is there.

Don't hold out on me you tease! What was this subplot?

Cruisecontroller -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 3:57:06 PM)

It states in the information in the link about the Extended Cut that its Multi Regional so thats what I`m getting. If its pants I`ll get the HMV terminator head Blu Ray package. It mentions £21 pre street release but how soon is that I wonder?

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 4:00:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I guess this means I'll be cancelling my Play pre-order.

quote:

Don't hold out on me you tease! What was this subplot?

When Kyle and Co. are being taken through the gates at Skynet HQ there is a quick shot of people looking down on the crowds from a window above. They aren't prisoners.

Cruisecontroller -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 4:03:02 PM)

Current prices for the extended cut on Blu Ray Region 1 from Find DVD.com linked below. Ignore the blub about only working on Region 1 players.

http://r1.find-dvd.co.uk/region1DVDPrices.aspx?dvd=B001FB55I0

Prices and availablity aren`t there at present but should be soon I would think. You can still find some info on it I would expect on the listed sites.

adambatman82 -> RE: Terminator Salvation: Extended Edition (27/8/2009 4:10:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller

It states in the information in the link about the Extended Cut that its Multi Regional so thats what I`m getting. If its pants I`ll get the HMV terminator head Blu Ray package. It mentions £21 pre street release but how soon is that I wonder?

Pre-street is usually 2-3 weeks, but I've had stuff show up almost 4 weeks in advance on numerous occasions.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI